Thread: Son (William Wedell, 64) found dead with mother (Agnes Wedell, 95) in luxury NYC apartment was an actor, family says

92-year-old woman, 64-year-old son found dead in Manhattan apartment: police

https://www.pix11.com/news/local-new...artment-polcie

. CHELSEA, Manhattan ? A 92-year-old woman and her 64-year-old son were found dead in a Manhattan apartment Saturday afternoon, police said.

Authorities responded to a request for a wellness check at the apartment on West 23rd Street in Chelsea at around 2:41 p.m. Officers found the woman unconscious and unresponsive on the couch. They then discovered the 64-year-old man in a bedroom, also unconscious.

Both were pronounced dead on the scene by EMS. No arrests have been made, an investigation is ongoing. The cause of death is yet to be determined by the medical examiner.

Son (William Wedell, 64) found dead with mother (Agnes Wedell, 95) in luxury NYC apartment was an actor, family says

https://nypost.com/2021/01/31/son-fo...-was-an-actor/

The son found dead with the body of his mother in their luxury Chelsea apartment was an actor who may have had a heart attack after his ailing mom passed away, family and sources told The Post on Sunday.

'They had a very quiet, almost hermit-like life,' Julianna Wedell, 61, said of her 95-year-old mother Agnes and 64-year-old brother, William Wedell ' who had bit parts in flicks such as 'It Could Happen To You' with Nicholas Cage and Woody Allen's 'Crimes and Misdemeanors.'

The mother and son were found dead in their apartment in The Tate on West 23rd Street during a wellness check just after 2:30 p.m. Saturday ' her on the couch and him in a bed, according to law-enforcement sources and kin.

Agnes had been doing poorly for at least a month, her daughter told The Post.

The medical examiner believes that the mom was dead for at least a week and her son likely for two days, according to law-enforcement sources.

A younger sister called the police to get a wellness check because she already knew their elderly mother had been ailing.

'My brother mentioned that our mother's health was declining before the holidays,' Julianna said. 'He said she wasn't eating, sleeping more.

'So, we figured natural causes,' she said of the death of her mother.

'My brother, that was the shocker!' Julianna added.

'He might have had a heart attack, we don't know,' she said, revealing a younger brother previously died from a congenital heart condition that she called 'a hereditary kind of thing.

The mother and son were found dead in their in their apartment in The Tate on West 23rd Street during a wellness check just after 2:30 p.m. Saturday.

'We're still waiting to hear back from the medical examiner. He said they would contact us when they found the cause,' she said.

Julianna said her brother moved to Manhattan from Chicago to pursue acting. He was a caretaker for his mom when they died.

Law-enforcement sources said they don't suspect the deaths were the result of foul play, believing the pair was likely sick.

'My first thought was they both had COVID,' one neighbor, who asked not to be identified, told The Post.

Sources said they don't believe the deaths were the result of foul play, believing they were likely sick.

'The police were here but there was no sense of anything sinister, they were so matter of fact about everything,' the neighbor said of the double deaths of the 'private' mother and son.

Agnes ' who spent her early years in New Jersey ' moved from Illinois to live with her son in the Big Apple 12 years ago, records show.

William ' whose family called him Bill ' had moved to New York years earlier, in the 1980s, working as a waiter while finding bit parts and filming some commercials hoping for his big break, his sister said.

Calling her brother 'quite the character,' Julianna said he was proud to get his card as a member of the Screen Actors Guild, saying, 'It was his dream.

'A lot of people go to New York to be actors, and it doesn't work out for everyone. But to read about his acting accomplishments in the paper, he would like that. It will make him smile up in heaven,' she said.

Elderly woman and her actor son found dead in their luxury Manhattan home

https://www.nydailynews.com/new-york...rbe-story.html

An elderly woman and her 64-year-old actor son were both found dead inside their luxury Chelsea apartment after decades of living together, cops said Sunday.

Cops believe the son, William Wedell, lived with the decomposing corpse of his 95-year-old mother, Agnes Wedell, for about a week, trying to cover up the smell with air freshener, before he, too, died inside the apartment.

William Wedell, who had a history of mental illness and heavy drinking, may have overdosed on painkillers, sources said. He was found naked and appeared to have been masturbating when he died, police sources said.

Police showed up to do a wellness check at the Tate building on 23rd St. near 10th Ave. about 2:20 p.m. on Saturday after a relative hadn’t heard from the victims and grew concerned, officials said.

“They were kind of like the mother and son that were connected at the hip,” Julianna Wedell, 61, Agnes’ daughter and William’s sister, told the Daily News. “They’ve lived together in that apartment for about 20, 25 years.”

Police found William Wedell’s corpse in a bedroom and his mother dead on a couch.

Investigators believe Agnes died first because her body had started to decompose, police sources said. Police found empty bottles of air freshener that they believe William was using to mask her scent.

Police do not suspect foul play, the sources said. The city medical examiner will conduct an autopsy on both to determine how they died.

Julianna Wedell’s sister Christine called police after she hadn’t heard from William in a while. The sisters had no idea their mother had died.

“Last time my sister was in contact with my brother, he said [Agnes] was sleeping more, not eating as much,” Julianna said.

The family suspects Agnes died of natural causes, given her advanced age, but William’s death came as a shock.

“With him, we still don’t know,” Julianna said. “He didn’t have any health issues that I was aware of.”

She didn’t know if COVID could have factored into either of their deaths.

“When he spoke to my sister, he wasn’t coughing or mentioning any issues,” Julianna said. “He was tending to my mother, doing the shopping and all that, so maybe he was exposed. We really don’t know.”

William last texted Christine earlier in January about their mom’s condition.

“We were checking in — ‘How’s mom, are you healthy?’ ” Juliana recalled. “She was watching movies, sleeping a lot, eating less. To me and my sister, it wasn’t alarming. I thought maybe she just wasn’t really hungry.”

Christine started to get concerned when their brother stopped responding to texts, Julianna said.

“She texted him and she said, ‘Bill, if we don’t hear from you, we’re going to do a wellness check,’ ” Julianna recounted. Christine called the building super Friday, but he couldn’t get into the apartment so they called police the next day.

William moved to New York from Illinois about 40 years ago to pursue his dreams of becoming an actor and his mother followed about a decade later, Julianna said.

He landed small roles in Woody Allen’s “Crimes and Misdemeanors” and the Nicolas Cage romantic comedy “It Could Happen to You,” and did enough work to get his Screen Actors Guild card, Julianna said.

“Once he moved to New York, there was no way to pry him away from New York. He became a die-hard New Yorker,” Julianna said. “He was very proud of his accomplishments, trying to do the acting. It’s hard to get noticed.”

“The last few years he’s kind of been tending to my mom,” she added.

Agnes worked for the Union Pacific railroad, transferring to the company’s New York City office when she moved, then retired in either the late 1980s or early 1990s, and worked temp jobs as a secretary for a variety of different companies.

“She was one of those people who wanted to stay busy all the time,” Julianna said.

http://mydeathspace.com/vb/showthrea...artment-police

I will agree to merge threads because I had an article on this but their identies were not released yet when it was first reported thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnLanders View Post
    http://mydeathspace.com/vb/showthrea...artment-police

I will agree to merge threads because I had an article on this but their identies were not released yet when it was first reported thanks.
    Sorry I missed it. Sometimes I forget to check "Additional Info Needed".

Thread Information