Thread: These high-end NYC hotels not changing sheets, wiping down surfaces

These high-end NYC hotels not changing sheets, wiping down surfaces

https://nypost.com/2020/06/29/high-e...anging-sheets/

Some high-end Manhattan hotels aren't thoroughly cleaning rooms between guests amid the coronavirus pandemic, a new report found.

Three different Midtown hotels didn't even bother to change pillowcases or wipe down commonly used surfaces, according to an investigation by Inside Edition set to air Monday night.

Producers with the TV program booked rooms at each of the hotels and used a washable spray to apply an Inside Edition logo ' only visible under UV light ' to the pillows, bedsheets and bath towels.

They also doused commonly touched surfaces, like the TV remote, thermostat and desk, with a special washable gel.

The next day, using a new reservation under a different name, they checked in to the same room to see if the linens had been changed and surfaces wiped down.

At the Hyatt Place Times Square, the logo was still visible on the bedsheets and pillowcase under UV light ' indicating they hadn't been replaced, the report found.

While the desk had been wiped down and the towel replaced, the gel was visible on the remote control when placed under UV light.

A few blocks away at the Hampton Inn Times Square Central, the sheets and a pillowcase weren't changed either and neither the remote control nor thermostat was wiped down, according to the report.

At the Trump International Hotel overlooking Central Park, the sheets and towels were changed. But the pillowcase wasn't and the desk and the remote control weren't wiped down.

A Hyatt spokesperson told the program they were 'deeply concerned' about the situation.

'We are working with the hotel's owner to ensure the hotel is implementing proper cleaning protocols that are consistent with Hyatt's commitment to cleanliness for the safety and wellbeing of our guests,' the statement said.

A spokesperson for Hampton Inn said it had conducted an investigation of its own and found that 'our housekeeping team relied on a visual inspection of the room's cleanliness to determine which areas received attention, deviating from our protocols.'

'This is a violation of our standards to thoroughly clean each room,' the statement said. 'Both our housekeeping team and management apologize for this mistake and we are retraining our team members to reinforce our procedures.'

A rep for the Trump International Hotel denied Inside Edition's findings.

'Following an internal review, we have concluded that the claims made by Inside Edition are categorically false,' the spokesperson said.

'Trump International Hotel & Tower New York is one of the premier luxury hotels anywhere in the world and has received countless accolades, including the Forbes Five-Star award for the past 13 years, for its consistently impeccable service.'

'Following an internal review, we have concluded that the claims made by Inside Edition are categorically false,' the spokesperson said.

'Trump International Hotel & Tower New York is one of the premier luxury hotels anywhere in the world and has received countless accolades, including the Forbes Five-Star award for the past 13 years, for its consistently impeccable service.'
    Is it just me or does it sound like Trump wrote that statement himself?

Quote Originally Posted by up2trouble View Post
    Too many big words.

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Quote Originally Posted by up2trouble View Post
    Sounds like Trump though

Thread Information