Thread: Baby (Brixlee Marie Lee, 2mo) who was found with injection marks and tested positive for heroin dies, police say

Baby (Brixlee Marie Lee, 2mo) who was found with injection marks and tested positive for heroin dies, police say

A 2-month-old baby girl who tested positive for heroin died Tuesday, San Angelo police said.

Brixlee Marie Lee was placed on life support after she was found unconscious and with injection marks on her body and head, police said.

She was rushed to a hospital Sunday morning after San Angelo police officers responded to the 2200 block of Webster Avenue. Officers saw the girl's health declining and gave her CPR on the way to the hospital in San Angelo, which is about four hours southeast of Dallas-Fort Worth.

A doctor later told police that the girl was in cardio-respiratory failure. Brixlee was later transported to Cook Children's Hospital where she remained on life support until Tuesday.

Brixlee's mother, 21-year-old Destiney Harbour; the girl's maternal grandmother 37-year-old Christin Bradley; and Bradley's boyfriend Dustin Smock have been charged with first degree felonies, injury to a child causing serious bodily injury.

Officials said while they were executing a search warrant inside the house, they found drug paraphernalia as well as a small quantity of suspected heroin, methamphetamine, marijuana and pills.

Authorities said all three suspects face a charge of serious bodily injury to a child.
    Harbour is being held on a $100,000 bond. Smock is being held on a $50,000 bond and Bradley was released on Sunday after posting bond. The suspects could face additional charges.

Brixlee's cause of death has not been determined.

Authorities said Brixlee hadn't received any medical care since being born at the residence in August.

If you are concerned about abuse or neglect and would like to follow up on a patient seen at Cook Children's, contact the CARE Team at (682) 885-3953.

If you need to report a suspicion of abuse or neglect, call 1-800-252-5400 or go to www.txabusehotline.org.

OMG, they injected her with heroin???? WTF???

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

https://www.gofundme.com/f/brixlee039s-wings

Possible father speaks out after San Angelo infant dies, testing positive for heroin

https://ktxs.com/news/san-angelo/two...breaks-silence

After the passing of two-month-old Brixlee Marie Lee, her possible biological father is ready to break his silence.

Destiny Harbour’s ex-boyfriend, who doesn’t want to be identified, is still trying to wrap his mind around what happened.

“I’m still in shock like I want to cry, but I can’t,” said ex-boyfriend of Destiney Harbour, Brixlee's mother who is currently in jail and charged with injury to a child - serious bodily injury.

Brixlee Marie Lee died last week after testing positive for heroin. The ex-boyfriend says he met Harbour in a rehab center in Center Point, Texas over a year ago, and he tried to help her get custody of her first child.

“That was my main goal was to help her get her baby back and to stay clean. That’s all I wanted,” said the ex-boyfriend.

He remembers Harbour being late on her menstrual cycle and thinking she could be pregnant again.

The ex-boyfriend said their relationship changed when she went back to San Angelo last Thanksgiving to visit her biological mother, Christin Chanelle Bradley, who is also charged with injury to a child – serious bodily injury. He hasn’t heard from her since.

“I was in love with the sober Destiney. When she started using, that’s when she started getting really hateful,” said ex-boyfriend. “I could never imagine her doing something like this to her own baby.”

The ex-boyfriend said he wants to get justice for Brixlee Marie and give her a proper funeral. He is in the process of taking a DNA test to find out if he was the father.

“Even if it wasn’t mine, no questions asked, I would have taken care of her because me and Destiney had that connection,” said ex-boyfriend.

A GoFundMe has been set up to help with the funeral expenses.

There is a special place in Hell for people who hurt babies and children.
    You are talking to a woman who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom and chuckled at catastrophe.
    ...Collector of Chairs. Reader of Books. Hater of Nutmeg...

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Why are they only charged with serious bodily injury to a child? The baby didn't inject herself. That's flat out murder.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

1. Brixlee was born at home and never received any medical care. She could have had any number of conditions, including being a newborn, that would have caused her to be fussy. Those imbeciles probably thought that since heroin would shut mom up it would work on the baby.

2. I hate it when someone wants to profit off of a child. Mr. Ex-boyfriend - Maybe Dada - Probably Sleazy having a gofundme is over the top.

Thread Information