Thread: Corey James Edkin (2) missing from White Deer, PA since 10/13/1986

Don't drink sanitizer! raisedbywolves's Avatar

Corey James Edkin (2) missing from White Deer, PA since 10/13/1986

https://triblive.com/news/pennsylvan...ng-since-1986/

State police in North Central Pennsylvania said Sunday they are confident they are getting closer to solving the cold case of a toddler missing since the 1980s, according to newspaper reports from across the region.

Corey James Edkin was 2 years old when he vanished from a home in White Deer in Union County on Oct. 13, 1986. He?d last been seen in his mother?s bed shortly after midnight, and he was gone a half hour later.

Trooper Brian Watkins cited ?significant advances? in the case, according to the Daily Item, and said ?the individuals who caused this tragedy will be brought to justice.?

According to his page on the Charley Project, a clearinghouse for missing persons information, Edkin?s mother, Debbie Mowery, left the home shortly after midnight to pick up a pizza. In the home at the time was a roommate, Alberta Sones, her two children, and Mowery?s daughter.

Police said investigators don?t think Edkin walked away from the home, nor do they think he was abducted by a stranger, according to the Daily Item. Watkins said tips from the public and advances in forensic technology have helped investigators stitch together what might have happened that night.

James Edkin, the child?s father, told PennLive that investigators told him an arrest could be coming.

?I think of him every day,? he told PennLive. ?Thank goodness for forensic advances.?

He told the outlet in 2015 that he thinks his son is alive but noted ?the worst is not knowing.?

Mowery, in the same article, said she hopes her son is safe.

?I?d love to find him,? she said, ?but I don?t want to destroy his life.?

Picked up a pizza after MIDNIGHT???
    Sketchy.
    Why that late? And why wouldn't you get it delivered??

Police make "significant advances" in Union County missing child cold case

New Columbia, Pa. ? On October 13, 1986, two-year-old Corey James Edkin went missing from his home in Union County. Now, more than 30 years later, police say the missing child case is not closed and they have made significant advances.

Edkin was last seen alive on October 12 at his home at 159 2nd Street in New Columbia. His mother, Debbie Mowery, of New Berlin, reportedly placed Edkin inside her bed and drove to a convenience store during the early morning hours of October 13, according to Pennsylvania State Police at Milton.

Mowery?s female roommate and several other children remained at the home while she went to the store.

After Edkin was reported missing, an extensive search of the area was conducted, including the Susquehanna River. But there no trace of the small blue-eyed boy, who was wearing gray pajamas at the time of his disappearance, police said.

Investigators working the case do not believe it is likely that Edkin walked away from the residence nor that he was abducted by a third party. The criminal investigators at PSP Milton said the case has been active and they have leads all over the United States.

There have been recent significant advances in the case, according to police. They did not expound on what those leads are.

The investigators cite cooperation from individuals with information pertaining to Edkin?s disappearance and advances in forensic technology as the recent for recent progress on the case.

?I?m confident the individuals who caused this tragedy will be brought to justice,? said lead investigator Trooper Brian Watkins.
    Convenience store?
    Pizza place?
    Or picked up a frozen pizza at the convenience store after midnight?
    Smells of a coverup, and not of pizza.

Interesting. They are closer to a resolution because of "advances in forensic technology," yet the mother seems to think he's still alive and doesn't want to "disrupt his life." Have the police indicated he's still alive???

It could be that I just love food too much, but I don't find pizza at midnight so strange. Maybe she worked the 3-11 shift, maybe they were just hungry. Last week my husband ran out for a bucket of chicken wings at midnight because the local pizza joint wouldn't deliver that late. I swear he didn't kill anyone. Well, I don't think he did, anyway....
    You are talking to a woman who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom and chuckled at catastrophe.
    ...Collector of Chairs. Reader of Books. Hater of Nutmeg...

I get the feeling they're looking at the mother

Thread Information