Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Has anybody deleted Social Media Accounts permanently IE Facebook, Tik Tok, Twitter, Discord, Snapchat, Myspace, Instagram and how did that work out for you in the long term?

Quote Originally Posted by Lilbirdie View Post
    Both of you nailed it. I’m hoping forums pick back up as more people drift away from the toxicity of social media.
    Agreed I like to see the rise of forums again.

the only social media i really visit everyday is Reddit and i just reached 10 years on there. i wasnt super into facebook but i was really into myspace when it first popped off. Social media can be emotionally draining so i tend to stay away from it.

I'll admit to having/using both FB and the Twitter. FB for family, we have a private family group for all the cousins as our folks have all passed and we're spread out all over the world. I do FB my main feed w/ people from baseball, family, etc. but I only post jokes and holiday wishes.
    Twitter is my guilty pleasure. I do follow many many baseball related feeds, many teams, players etc (I kind of love baseball) but I also make the occasional coughdailycough snark comments or observances re: politics, local issues, etc. No all out bitchy, just bitchy adjacent.

I used to be big into MSN groups (renamed communities before they closed down) but that was a younger, meaner, me. Now I'm chubby, old, and mellowed. I miss the groups/communities, I still have friends in my life I made on those and that was over 20+ years ago.
    Marshmallow here is the one I liken to Ed Gein... Originally Posted by Heartbroken1

Quote Originally Posted by marshmallow View Post
    I'll admit to having/using both FB and the Twitter. FB for family, we have a private family group for all the cousins as our folks have all passed and we're spread out all over the world. I do FB my main feed w/ people from baseball, family, etc. but I only post jokes and holiday wishes.
    Twitter is my guilty pleasure. I do follow many many baseball related feeds, many teams, players etc (I kind of love baseball) but I also make the occasional coughdailycough snark comments or observances re: politics, local issues, etc. No all out bitchy, just bitchy adjacent.

I used to be big into MSN groups (renamed communities before they closed down) but that was a younger, meaner, me. Now I'm chubby, old, and mellowed. I miss the groups/communities, I still have friends in my life I made on those and that was over 20+ years ago.
    Yeah. I haven't left my social media groups so much as they've left me. I started out on CompuServ and The Source. Was into Usenet bigtime...
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

I cleaned up my FB account and deleted all but 2 of my "friends." I don't have anything personal on my page and my FB name is a nickname so strangers won't find me. I only use it for the marketplace to buy and sell junk. Never had a twitter or anything like that. My ex was a social media addict and would argue with everyone online then close the laptop and take her frustrations out on me (not in a fun way though). Social media ruined our marriage...

Quote Originally Posted by DevilzAdvocate View Post
    I cleaned up my FB account and deleted all but 2 of my "friends." I don't have anything personal on my page and my FB name is a nickname so strangers won't find me. I only use it for the marketplace to buy and sell junk. Never had a twitter or anything like that. My ex was a social media addict and would argue with everyone online then close the laptop and take her frustrations out on me (not in a fun way though). Social media ruined our marriage...
    Bummer!

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    I'm just about ready to throw in the towel on Facebook. I've been getting thrown in jail just for calling someone an idiot. In my defense, they were indeed an idiot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    I'm just about ready to throw in the towel on Facebook. I've been getting thrown in jail just for calling someone an idiot. In my defense, they were indeed an idiot.
    Ah, that explains why you're back here slumming with us. JK. I haven't been on FB in awhile, and every time I go on there to check out the rescue stuff I remember why I left. It just makes me sad for society.

My younger sister deleted hers last summer. She was posting in support of Black Lives Matter and was getting a lot of shit...ended up debating with idiots who claimed there was no racism, etc. She said it got to be too much and she would just get angry every time she logged on, so she just deleted her page.

yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    Ah, that explains why you're back here slumming with us. JK. I haven't been on FB in awhile, and every time I go on there to check out the rescue stuff I remember why I left. It just makes me sad for society.
    Actually, this is the third ban since I've been gone from here so that wasn't really the reason. I've been on the latest time out since Tuesday, was banned last week for three days and last month for a day. It's very unforgiving.

Double post, sorry
    Last edited by Boston Babe 73; 04-09-2021 at 10:59 AM.

Sorry it ruined your marriage
    Thanks. I'm going shopping for an Elmo doll later today.

Just make sure there aren't any cameras around. And do it in your own goddamn house.

Just make sure there aren't any cameras around. And do it in your own goddamn house.
    And you might as well pick up a jar of pickles while you're at it!

And you might as well pick up a jar of pickles while you're at it!
    Dill, not sweet!

Dill, not sweet!
    Yeah, after thinking about it I agree. Even the bread and butter spears won't work. It's gotta be dill.

Yeah, after thinking about it I agree. Even the bread and butter spears won't work. It's gotta be dill.
    It's all fun and games undill someone gets hurt.

I posted my obligatory 2 posts on fb for the year. So I got that out of the way...

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

It's all fun and games undill someone gets butthurt.
    Fixed!

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    I posted my obligatory 2 posts on fb for the year. So I got that out of the way...
    I love your posts. All two per year. You're so sweet.

Meanwhile, I'm all "DOES NOBODY SEE HOW HORRIBLE *insert issue here* IS?! IF I COULD GET MY HANDS ON THEM!!!!!! "

Peppered with funny posts and animal pictures.

Come to think of it, I guess I'm not all that different on here as I am there

My social media is mainly my aunties, cousins, dog friends, and people I work with. Very G rated with occasional public service messages. "Get yr covid shot here!" "Lost Dog in xxx area" If someone starts posting pro MAGA crap, they be gone. FaceBook is a lovely peaceful well curated garden. I suspect my antivax relative have all muted me, but OH WELL.
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.

Quote Originally Posted by puzzld View Post
    My social media is mainly my aunties, cousins, dog friends, and people I work with. Very G rated with occasional public service messages. "Get yr covid shot here!" "Lost Dog in xxx area" If someone starts posting pro MAGA crap, they be gone. FaceBook is a lovely peaceful well curated garden. I suspect my antivax relative have all muted me, but OH WELL.
    This is what I tried to do by blocking during the 45 years. However I seem to be a glutton for punishment because I read the comments on news articles and treat the threads like I do here. Thus my punishment from Zuck over and over again.

If I were smart, I'd just do what you do but I'm a belligerent bitch that just can't let some things go. It doesn't help that I get messages from friends that don't engage egging me on with claiming that they love me for speaking out and wishing they could do the same.

It's a losing battle for me, I'm afraid. We'll see. I'm just relishing in the fact that my Husband has already reached the "30 days in the hole" ban well before I did and with stuff that was WAY worse than just calling an idiot an idiot lol.

This is what I tried to do by blocking during the 45 years. However I seem to be a glutton for punishment because I read the comments on news articles and treat the threads like I do here. Thus my punishment from Zuck over and over again.

If I were smart, I'd just do what you do but I'm a belligerent bitch that just can't let some things go. It doesn't help that I get messages from friends that don't engage egging me on with claiming that they love me for speaking out and wishing they could do the same.

It's a losing battle for me, I'm afraid. We'll see. I'm just relishing in the fact that my Husband has already reached the "30 days in the hole" ban well before I did and with stuff that was WAY worse than just calling an idiot an idiot lol.
    Yeah never ever read the comments. I can just feel my bp going up. I assume that most of these people cannot be stopid enough to believe what they are saying, so "then be trolling" and why should I give them the satisfaction of being their audience. I have zero tolerance for the deliberately dumb. This is why certain people who haven't been here in years are still in my kill file. Others I have to grit my teeth and read their posts but...

I love y'all! Party at my house. BYOE&P!

I love y'all! Party at my house. BYOE&P!
    Hey, hey...you stay at least 6 feet away from me with your pickle and Elmo!

Thread Information