Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: `That '70s Show' actor Danny Masterson charged in 3 rapes

`That '70s Show' actor Danny Masterson charged in 3 rapes

https://www.omaha.com/news/national/...08584ccd5.html

LOS ANGELES ? ?That '70s Show? actor Danny Masterson has been charged with the rapes of three women in the early 2000s, Los Angeles prosecutors said Wednesday.

The three counts of rape by force or fear come after a three-year investigation of the 44-year-old Masterson. The charges were filed and an arrest warrant issued Tuesday. Masterson was taken into custody late Wednesday morning, jail records showed. He was being held on $3.3 million bail and is scheduled to be arraigned on Sept. 18.

Masterson's attorney Tom Mesereau said his client is innocent, and "we?re confident that he will be exonerated when all the evidence finally comes to light and witnesses have the opportunity to testify.?

Prosecutors allege that Masterson raped a 23-year-old woman sometime in 2001, a 28-year-old woman in April of 2003, and a 23-year-old woman he had invited to his Hollywood Hills home between October and December of 2003.

If convicted, he could face up to 45 years in prison.

Prosecutors declined to file charges in two other Masterson cases that police had investigated, one because of insufficient evidence and the other because the statute of limitations had expired.

Masterson has been married to actor and model Bijou Phillips since 2011.

?Obviously, Mr. Masterson and his wife are in complete shock considering that these nearly 20-year old allegations are suddenly resulting in charges being filed, but they and their family are comforted knowing that ultimately the truth will come out," said Mesereau, who has previously represented Michael Jackson and Bill Cosby in their trials for sexual crimes.

"The people who know Mr. Masterson know his character and know the allegations to be false.?

Bad Hyde!

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

I posted about this in the Celeb Gossip thread. I've heard about him being rapey for awhile now, after the #me too movement started.

I'm glad he was finally busted.

Did this happen during the running of That 70's Show? I wonder if the victims were any of the cast members?

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    I posted about this in the Celeb Gossip thread. I've heard about him being rapey for awhile now, after the #me too movement started.

I'm glad he was finally busted.

Did this happen during the running of That 70's Show? I wonder if the victims were any of the cast members?
    That 70's show was on in the early 2000's so yeah, sounds like it. If I remember correctly, he along with Ashton Kutcher and Wilmer Valderama were known to go out partying a lot. Wonder if it happened then.....maybe chicks he met at a club/bar, they said no and he felt angry about it? Who knows.

yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That 70's show was on in the early 2000's so yeah, sounds like it. If I remember correctly, he along with Ashton Kutcher and Wilmer Valderama were known to go out partying a lot. Wonder if it happened then.....maybe chicks he met at a club/bar, they said no and he felt angry about it? Who knows.
    I read he drugged his victims and raped them while they were passed out. I don't know how true that is though.

I feel bad for his wife, I love her as an actress. They also have a kid together who I feel bad for.

ETA: eww she's a scientologist nvm
    Last edited by Angiebla; 06-18-2020 at 08:24 AM.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

I read he drugged his victims and raped them while they were passed out. I don't know how true that is though.

I feel bad for his wife, I love her as an actress. They also have a kid together who I feel bad for.

ETA: eww she's a scientologist nvm
    Who is she?

Where they don't have maps.......such as..
    Bijou Phillips
    Quote Originally Posted by blighted star
    I was about to be annoyed that this thread was still active, but I see now it's morphed into offers of sex for chilli confectionary, so carry on guys :)

Quote Originally Posted by SuchAClassicGirl View Post
    Bijou Phillips
    Oh shit, didn't know that.

He was sentenced 30 years to life:

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/ne...on-1235584323/

He was sentenced 30 years to life:

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/ne...on-1235584323/

I had no idea we had a thread on this. We've been talking about it in the celeb thread forever. I should have known kambing would have made a thread.

I bet he still thinks it's all going to go away. It's about to get really real for Danny.

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    Bijou is having some difficulty with everything. I get she is a victim in a sense, but to me, the real victims are the ones he raped.

Bijou Phillips, 43 - who had been at his side through two criminal trials - looked dejected as she sat amid a grim group of Scientology friends and family members. At one point, she held a handkerchief up to her face.

A close friend revealed to DailyMail.com that Bijou 'feels like she is grieving a death' as she awaited her husband's sentencing.

'Currently Bijou is circling the drain and is filled with all the emotion and no emotion at all,' they said.

'She is a shell of who she has been. She is really trying to be strong for her daughter as she is trying to figure out life and what it will be like for her.

'It can only be compared to a divorce or a death for her not being able to be with Danny the way they were.'
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...two-women.html

Welp this isnt cool

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world...ng/ar-AA1gs6U8

Some shit Mila and Ashton said
    “While I’m aware that the judgement has been cast as guilty on two counts of rape by force and the victims have a great desire for justice. I hope that my testament to his character is taken into consideration in sentencing,” Kutcher wrote. “I do not believe he is an ongoing harm to society.”

“I wholeheartedly vouch for Danny Masterson’s exceptional character and the tremendous positive influence he has had on me and the people around him. His dedication to leading a drug-free life and the genuine care he extends to others make him an outstanding role model and friend, Kunis wrote.
    rapist < some who does drugs

I lost all respect for them.
    Last edited by Angiebla; 09-08-2023 at 04:47 PM.

Welp this isnt cool

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world...ng/ar-AA1gs6U8

Some shit Mila and Ashton said

rapist < some who does drugs

I lost all respect for them.
    Seems like a lot of people feel the same way. I was never a big fan in the first place.

https://www.reddit.com/r/entertainme...D%3D&rdt=62937

Danny is in that cult, and they dont believe in medication, so its no surprise hes drug free. BUT he drugged and raped people. So he just uses drugs on other people, which is worse.

Apparently Ashton and Mila knew about the assaults after they happened. They even knew the victims.

I cant imagine knowing my friend did this, and still supporting him because hes "a good guy". No, hes not.

Screw this guy. Nobody who commits assault is a good guy, despite what anyone says about him.
    "A vagabond dreamer, a rhymer and singer of songs
    Singing to no one and nowhere to really belong." - Waylon Jennings

I like this article. Its about Topher Grace. People gave him shit for not hanging out with the cast outside of work. Said he was "stuck up".

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...elated-replace

Eric was always my fave and he knew they were bad news.

Fans of That 70s Show have claimed Danny Masterson's 30-to-life sentence for rape absolves Topher Grace from accusations that he was too stuck up to spend time with the cast.

Grace's early departure from the show sparked gossip about why he didn't seem close with his co-stars. The rumors reemerged when Masterson was sentenced to a minimum of 30 years and a maximum of life in prison on Thursday, September 7.

Fans reacted to the news across social media, causing Grace's name to trend on X, the platform formerly known as Twitter.

Bijou's letter to the judge:

Bijou Phillips' full letter to the judge
    Dear Judge Olmedo,

I am writing to you to ask that you consider this information when sentencing my husband, Danny Masterson. Danny and I have been together for 19 years. We married in 2011 and our beautiful daughter was born in 2014. She is the bright spot throughout many years of crises and uncertainty.

I can say that Danny has literally been a life-saving partner to me.

[Section redacted]

At the time, our daughter was just three years old. She was our miracle child. I depended on Danny to take care of me and our daughter. I always felt that she would be okay because Danny is an amazing father. He was devoted to our daughter, would read her books, take her on walks and to ballet lessons. I never once heard him complain. The two were inseparable.

[Section redacted]

When we finally returned home, we thought we could start to focus on our lives as a family. That's when the investigation against him began. After he lost his show and acting career, he devoted himself to finding other ways to earn a living.

We left our home in Los Angeles to move to a farm in Santa Ynez, where I could recuperate. Danny immediately began to work the land and grow a beautiful vineyard with 6,000 vines, that he tended on his own for six years. He toiled long days on the land to make it profitable for our family. He took classes to learn about growing grapes, wines and he became a sommelier. He also studied the business end of it.

Danny has always been against drugs and helped so many friends and colleagues get sober. My husband, who never smoked a joint in his life, has strong feelings about drugs that have never wavered. He tried to shield the younger actors he worked with from such temptations and offered them advice on their careers and in their lives.

Danny is an amazing father. Our daughter and I are heartbroken that he is not home with us. It has been very difficult without him here. Even though he is now in jail, he calls her every day. He helps her with homework every night. He teaches her math with kindness and patience. She is far above grade level in all subjects, reading three grades above her own, and that is thanks to the guidance and attention of her father.

Danny has watched her piano recitals and applauds when she practices in the living room after each song. Our daughter loves her pony on our farm, as well as our dogs and cats. But more than anything, she loves her father. When he calls us each day, she ends with "I love you too much Daddy."

[Sentence redacted]

We need him more than you can imagine. I know he has been convicted of serious crimes. But the man I married has only been an extraordinary husband to me and a devoted father to our daughter.

Thank you for taking the time to read my letter.

Very respectfully,

Bijou Phillips Masterson

I like this article. Its about Topher Grace. People gave him shit for not hanging out with the cast outside of work. Said he was "stuck up".

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...elated-replace

Eric was always my fave and he knew they were bad news.
    I'm glad others are saying this, I was literally thinking about this last night when I posted. Topher is the only one I really liked. I am very disappointed that Debra Jo Rupp and Kurtwood Smith wrote letters for him too. I know that Laura Prepon was in the little gang but she left Scientology in 2016, so I wonder if that is why she didn't say anything?

https://www.hellomagazine.com/celebr...nny-masterson/
    Topher Grace's wife breaks silence after That 70's Show stars support Danny Masterson

https://www.cnn.com/2023/09/15/enter...orn/index.html

Ashton Kutcher resigns from anti-sex abuse nonprofit after backlash to his support for Danny Masterson

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    https://www.cnn.com/2023/09/15/enter...orn/index.html

Ashton Kutcher resigns from anti-sex abuse nonprofit after backlash to his support for Danny Masterson
    Mila resigned too. They are trying to backtrack left and right, saying they were just told to write a letter to the judge, they werent advocating what he did. I love how Ashton said "I cannot trust my judgement". They may have been good people, but this is cancel culture, and theyve been given the axe, I wonder if it will affect them professionally. Ashton was great as Kelso and good in Butterfly Effect, but I think he sucked in 2 and a half men (I just hated that show) and The Ranch. His career has been dead. Mila, on the other hand, has been in recent stuff. I guess we will see what happens. Are the Scientologists?

Mila resigned too. They are trying to backtrack left and right, saying they were just told to write a letter to the judge, they werent advocating what he did. I love how Ashton said "I cannot trust my judgement". They may have been good people, but this is cancel culture, and theyve been given the axe, I wonder if it will affect them professionally. Ashton was great as Kelso and good in Butterfly Effect, but I think he sucked in 2 and a half men (I just hated that show) and The Ranch. His career has been dead. Mila, on the other hand, has been in recent stuff. I guess we will see what happens. Are the Scientologists?
    They haven?t said they?re Scientologists but recent photos have leaked of them at some Scientologist Christmas function so everyone is assuming they are.

I got suspended from a Facebook group for reporting someone's comment. The person I reported said they didn't care that Ashton wrote a letter supporting a rapist, because Ashton has done so much good through the anti-sex trafficking thing.
    The admins started bullying me for reporting the comment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    I don't have a thousand dollars hanging around to buy a fart in a jar lol.

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    I got suspended from a Facebook group for reporting someone's comment. The person I reported said they didn't care that Ashton wrote a letter supporting a rapist, because Ashton has done so much good through the anti-sex trafficking thing.
    The admins started bullying me for reporting the comment.
    Total BS. You can't send in a letter of support for a sex offender and then be an advocate for victims of sex offenses. It's kind of the bare minimum to being an advocate. Not to support people who attack the victims you're advocating for.
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

Quote Originally Posted by of_corpse_not View Post
    They haven?t said they?re Scientologists but recent photos have leaked of them at some Scientologist Christmas function so everyone is assuming they are.
    Wouldnt be surprised.

Thread Information