https://wjla.com/news/2020-march-on-...mmitment-march

WASHINGTON (ABC7) — Chris Stewart is taking on a role that is becoming more familiar in the current civil rights movement, attorney for families who have lost a loved one in a police encounter.

Like Attorney Benjamin Crump, Stewart will be speaking at Friday's Commitment March.

Stewart and his law firm represent the families of George Floyd and Rayshard Brooks.

Joined with Brooks' widow, Tomika Miller, Stewart shared a preview of his message with 7 On Your Side's Michelle Marsh.

"This is probably one of the few chances when civil rights can change this country and we can't let that moment pass by," says Stewart.

The families of Brooks, George Floyd and recently announced, family Jacob Blake will also speak at Friday's march.
Miller says she has never spoken before a large crowd, but Friday will be speaking steps from where Dr. King delivered his "I Have A Dream" speech.

"I'm excited because I feel like I am going to touch a lot of people and get them to see truly what having faith is all about, and I get to see other families going through some of the same things I am and support them," says Miller.

Brooks was shot and killed by an Atlanta police officer just weeks after George Floyd's killing.