Thread: Tim White (62) found in a stairwell at Bedford VA Hospital a month after he was reported missing

Tim White (62) found in a stairwell at Bedford VA Hospital a month after he was reported missing

https://boston.cbslocal.com/2020/06/...d-va-hospital/

A missing man was found dead Friday at the Bedford VA Hospital. Investigators said the body of the 62-year-old man was found in the stairwell of a building.
    Last edited by raisedbywolves; 11-22-2022 at 01:24 PM.

I'm having Deja vu

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Illinois but the Southern part, which kind of sucks
    He was last seen May 8th and wasn't reported missing until May 13th
    Why the delay?

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    I'm having Deja vu
    We did have a case just like this, only I don't think it was a Veterans Administration facility. I think it was in California?

Quote Originally Posted by Queena View Post
    He was last seen May 8th and wasn't reported missing until May 13th
    Why the delay?
    I wondered the same thing. Is this is an independent living facility? Maybe he doesn't have family that would notice him missing right away. I'm surprised that a full scale search (which would include checking the "blocked" stairwells") wasn't conducted when he was noticed missing.

ETA: I guess it happens more frequently than we know. These two incidents happened at the same San Francisco hospital:

https://nypost.com/2018/05/31/missin...tal-stairwell/

https://www.cnn.com/2013/10/09/justi...ell/index.html
    You are talking to a woman who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom and chuckled at catastrophe.
    ...Collector of Chairs. Reader of Books. Hater of Nutmeg...

It is an independent living facility. Here's a press release from the contractor who operates the facility for the VA:

https://caritascommunities.org/sitef...-June-2020.pdf

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
    Saturday, June 13, 2020

RE: Missing Resident Found Deceased on VA Campus

Caritas Communities is a nonprofit homelessness prevention organization that
    provides Single Room Housing for 1,000 individuals annually throughout Greater
    Boston. The Bedford Veterans Quarters is a Caritas Communities residential
    facility leased from the VA in one portion of one building on the VA campus in
    Bedford, and provides single room occupancy housing to formerly homeless
    veterans. It is not a hospital or rehabilitation center, but an independent-living
    residence. Residents are free to come and go as they please and have no
    obligation to inform the staff of their whereabouts. They regularly go to work,
    grocery shopping, visiting family and other normal activities. They also frequently
    participate in programs and use facilities available to them on the VA campus.

Caritas Communities provides on-site staffing to refer and help residents connect
    to counselling, medical treatment, employment and other services at the VA.
    Caritas Communities is committed to the health and safety of our residents, and
    follows strict protocols when a resident is discovered missing. On May 13 we filed
    a missing persons report for a BVQ resident, and have been working with the VA
    and the Bedford Police to ascertain the whereabouts of this resident. The
    stairwell where the deceased man was found was outside the lease premises of
    Caritas Communities, is alarmed and solely controlled by the VA.
    Caritas
    Communities and the Bedford VA are cooperating fully with the investigation.

ABOUT CARITAS COMMUNITIES

Caritas Communities works to prevent homelessness by providing very low income
    individuals with permanent housing, support, a sense of community and
    expanded opportunities. For more than 35 years, Caritas has helped fill the need
    for safe, secure housing in Greater Boston. Caritas has 33 buildings in 17 Greater
    Boston communities, housing more than 1,000 individuals annually. Caritas
    provides on-site support services, emergency rental assistance, veterans-specific
    housing and services, and on-site property management. Caritas enables working
    people on minimum wage, veterans experiencing post-service challenges, and
    low-income elderly and disabled citizens to live in a clean, safe home that they
    can afford. To learn more, please go to www
    You are talking to a woman who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom and chuckled at catastrophe.
    ...Collector of Chairs. Reader of Books. Hater of Nutmeg...

Ah I totally remember another hospital stairwell death on here. (I don't post much but I'm a long-time lurker.) Had to Google but found the one I was thinking of: http://mydeathspace.com/article/2013..._being_treated

Thread Information