Thread: Death Order

Death Order

Could you please organize the deaths by date order, or alphabetical order. Or maybe age or categorize them by cause of death, ex: suicides, murders, etc...
    Ask me if I care.

Death Order

yeah! org. them by murder, suicide, etc...

i like that!

Death Order

Yeah, like we could choose what order to view them in.

I was thinking...

Yes. I was thinking something along these lines as well.

I like that you post them in the order received but I would like it if there was a search option so that I could search by death type...if that would be possible?

Also, I think it would be great if when we clicked on the link to the person's myspace profile, it popped up in a new window so I wouldn't lose my place on this site!

Death Order

I'd like to see them in order of actual death, so the most recent ones would come up first.

Death Order

I'd like to see a search function by date, type of death, and location. I'd like to see who died in my area.

Death Order

I'd like a type of death search too.
    Life is a temporary problem, but there is a permanent solution. A prescription for everyone? No doubt.

Re: Death Order

Being able to search by area and such would be interesting. Good idea!

Does anyone know if there are ever any followups on the suicides, or deaths that are "under investigation"?
    Some of them I'd like to know more, but have no clue where or how to go about it.  ;)

Thanks!!

Try the local papers.  There was a murder in my town and the paper updated regularly, even months later.  Try putting the dead person's name in the search box on the newspaper's home page and it should bring up all the articles related to them.  That's how it works on ours anyway.

[quote author=V link=topic=130.msg1603#msg1603 date=1151689842]
    Could you please organize the deaths by date order, or alphabetical order. Or maybe age or categorize them by cause of death, ex: suicides, murders, etc...
    [/quote]

great idea!

This would be a way to read them better than scrolling down through murder, auto accident, suicide...blah blah blah.

Hey noobs- have some patiance- the whole forum is gonna change soon- Mike has promised some real exciting stuff like a DEATH MAP!!!!  So, chill, Rome wasn't built in a day and Mike is a very busy person, full time job and a life.  I know it sounds crazy but he actually does things other then messing around on MDS all day- unlike me.

Love,
    MDSA

Hey Mike- I got your back
    emos, hippies and GOATS... oh my

Being able to search by area or type of death would be cool if possible.
    Love isn't what makes the world go round. It's what makes the ride worthwhile. [4-01-07]

Many of the suggestionsÂ* are valid, but very time consuming. An efficient way to deliverÂ* most of what people are asking for is byÂ* basiccoding. We're doing this now for a quick portrait of death stats. Basically what we did was followÂ* field medical examinerÂ* protocols and trimmed the coding down to basics with 8 types of primary cause of death refined by a second entry to provide specifics, and codes for race, sex,Â* and the age of the subject.Â* Based upon a quick review it's obvious the leading causes of death are car crashes, misadventure by drugs and gunshots. Suprisingly, there are alot of railway deaths and drownings.

For what its worth, the myspace deaths follow common data trends, but with over emphasis on certain groups. A data bias reflective of the selected data pool.

Violent deaths (gunshots) tended to be associated with blacks under the age of 30. Drug misadventures and drownings were typical of whites under 25.Â* Gunshot victims tended to be young black females. For some odd reason, hispanics and south east asians have a habit of getting run down by trains more frequently than one would expect.

However, I must emphasize caution in respect to the above, as the data is biased (statistically) because the data pool is skewed towards people under the age of 30. So obviously, if the majority of myspace male users are under the age of 30, the majority of gunshot deaths will be subjects under the age of 30. Also the results are not reflective of actual population results. Our quick revew found that whites have a tendancy to die by drug misadventure and vehicle collisions, far greater than is typical of the population at large.Â* Overall, the results are indicative of a sociodemographic of people under the age of 30 that areÂ* computer literate and as such are not reliable as an indication of the general population.

hmmmmm... (scratches chin) hmmmmm.....
    emos, hippies and GOATS... oh my

The Dewey Dead-simle System. Har har har.

I had a hard time finding on old death today.  Some of the other suggestions make great sense - alphabetically, and by type of death (murder, suicide, illness).  Of course, I don't exactly embrace the idea of having Mike do any more work, so I'll just be happy with what I have.  I don't know what I'd do without this site now that its become something of an obsession

Thread Information