https://www.chron.com/news/houston-t...c-14937566.php

Panic struck just as 15 of her family and friends finished singing Happy Birthday to Carolee Taylor on Christmas Eve at a home northwest of Houston.

There was yelling for everyone to get outside, according to court documents, and then the sound of multiple gunshots fired outside of the house. The party guests found Taylor, 46, shot multiple times on the porch, where she died.

Albert Simon, Taylor?s ex-boyfriend, was charged with murder. An arrest warrant for Simon, 52, released Sunday details Taylor?s killing as well as the violence her family experienced and witnessed leading up to it.

Deputies were dispatched at 8:41 p.m. to the home of Taylor?s uncle in the 16500 block of Obsidian Drive in the Stonegate subdivision, the charging document says.

Dominc Ortiz, Taylor?s uncle, told police he was standing outside of his house when he saw Simon drive by very slowly in a black Jeep Grand Cherokee. Simon quickly turned around at the end of the block, Ortiz said, and then stopped in front of his home.

Simon stepped out of the SUV holding a long-barreled firearm and began walking toward Ortiz, court documents say. He immediately recognized Simon, Ortiz told investigators.

Ortiz said Simon told him ?I have a bone to pick? and placed the barrel of the firearm against his chest, according to the warrant. At that point, Ortiz said Simon pointed a handgun at his head.

Simon then told the man, ?Don?t smile at me motherf??r. We are going inside,? court filings say. Simon pushed Ortiz with the rifle into the home through the front door, the witness said.

At that point, Taylor?s college-age daughter, Mya, recounted to police that as they finished singing Happy Birthday to her mother, everyone began yelling to get out. She said people began to panick as the group realized that Simon was in the house and armed.

When Simon found Taylor, he pointed the handgun at her and said, ?You and I are going to talk,? court records say, forcing her outside onto the porch.

Before he walked outside, Simon told Ortiz, ?If I see the police I?m going to blow her f??g head off,? according to the charging document.

Then Ortiz said he heard five gunshots outside. Her family, including Mya, saw her body with multiple gunshot wounds on the porch.

Mya later told investigators that her mother had received a text from Simon earlier in the day. The message included a photoshopped picture of Taylor and and an image of Jesus.

The message read, ?You ready to party with Jesus tonight?,? court records say.

Simon fled and called Jim Campbell, a friend, according to the charging documents. Campbell said Simon asked if he could stop by to talk. He also told his friend not to look at the evening news, Campbell told police.

When Simon arrived at Campbell?s home, he admitted to killing Taylor, court records say. He told Campbell that he was angry because he felt Taylor had ?betrayed him.?

It?s believed that Simon drove his Jeep to Dallas at some point and switched cars, according to Harris County Sheriff Ed Gonzalez. Deputies recovered the vehicle there, he said.

Simon returned to Houston, where two deputies who were tracking leads found him sitting on a bench in Hermann Park around 3:15 p.m. Saturday, according to law-enforcement officials.

As they approached him, Simon began yelling at the deputies to shoot him, said Gonzalez.

Simon then reached toward a bag, at which point one of the deputies fired at least twice, Gonzalez said. He died at the hospital a short time later.

Investigators found a semi-automatic pistol in the bag Simon was reaching for when he encountered police, said Gonzalez.