Thread: Savanah Schneider (23) found dead two weeks after going missing

Savanah Schneider (23) found dead two weeks after going missing

https://www.ksn.com/top-stories/poli...missing-woman/

The Wichita Police Department asked the Kansas Bureau of Investigation to issue a statewide endangered persons advisory for a missing Wichita woman Friday.

The whereabouts of Savanah Schneider, 23, are unknown, and authorities are asking for the public?s assistance to help locate her.

She is described as 5? 8?, 110 lbs., with blue eyes and blonde hair. Savanah has an intellectual disability. Schneider was last seen on Sunday, May 31, at her home in the 10300 block of West Alamo.

Authorities are concerned for her welfare. If you know the whereabouts of Savanah or see her, please call 911 immediately.

https://www.kwch.com/content/news/Bo...571239981.html

The Wichita Police Department (WPD) has identified the body found south of Haysville on Saturday as 23-year-old Savannah Schneider of Wichita. Schneider was located by citizens who formed a search group to look for her.

WPD investigators are currently working with the Regional Forensic Science Center to determine the circumstances of her death.

This makes me think suicide.

https://www.kwch.com/content/news/Fr...571282331.html

Monday, Eyewitness News learned more about Schneider, speaking with friends who say they're heartbroken, but also glad to have closure.

Simone Shields who reported Schneider missing spoke about places and experiences that will always remind her of her friend.

"Every time I go to Freddy's (Frozen Custard), I'm going to think about her. That was her favorite spot," Shields says. "Any time I travel now, I'm always going to think about her because she always said, 'I want to go places with you.' Now I'm going to carry her with me everywhere i go."

Shields says Schneider was like a little sister to her. She says Schneider recently was struggling after the deaths of her father, step father and mother, all within a year.

While devastated to lose her friend, Shields says there is a sense of relief with the closure.

"Our biggest worry was not knowing and I'm glad I know she is found and that she can be put next to her mom where she belongs," she says.

Wichita police say they're still working to determine the circumstances surrounding Schneider's death. The one thing her friends know is how much she will be missed.

Last edited by up2trouble; 06-20-2020 at 01:52 PM.

http://www.kten.com/story/42280556/i...eath-continues

Savannah's body was found south of Haysville on Saturday, June 13 by volunteers who formed a search group to look for her. Her body was among some trees near the railroad tracks between 87th and 79th streets off Meridian.

Police have said that Savannah, who was visually impaired, was last seen on Sunday, May 31, at her home in the 10300 block of West Alamo, near 13th and Maize. But a neighbor's security camera footage showed her sitting on her doorstep at around 5:00 the next morning, Then a van, determined to be a Lyft ride share, pulled into her driveway, picked her up and drove away.

Savannah's phone last pinged in the Haysville area the night of Tuesday, June 2.

Anyone with information is asked to call WPD detectives at (316) 268-4407, the See Something Say Something hotline at (316) 519-2282 or Crime Stoppers at (316) 267-2111.

Thread Information