Thread: San Antonio family of 6 [Jared Esquibel Harless (38), his wife (36) and 4 children (4, 3, 1 & 11m/o) ] found dead in garage in suspected murder-suicide

San Antonio family of 6 [Jared Esquibel Harless (38), his wife (36) and 4 children (4, 3, 1 & 11m/o) ] found dead in garage in suspected murder-suicide

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...arage-n1225476

A family of six ? a husband, wife, and four children, the oldest of whom is four ? was found dead Thursday in a vehicle in the garage of a San Antonio home after police were called for a welfare check and discovered what was reported to be a "cryptic" note on the front door.

"It appears to be a suicide," police Chief William McManus said, adding that the police were still "combing through the house."

Police were called about 10:30 a.m. after the man, who was working remotely, did not call into work as normal and could not be reached, the chief said.

Authorities could smell carbon monoxide that "kind of blew everybody back out the door," McManus told reporters Thursday night.

When authorities were able to get into the garage, they discovered the family dead in the back of a sport-utility vehicle and two cats in a basket in the front seat, he said.

The cause of death appears to be carbon monoxide, but the medical examiner will complete an investigation, McManus said.

No names have been released, but McManus said the husband and wife were in their mid-to-late 30s and the four children were between 11 months and 4 years old.

The family was a military family who had moved into the neighborhood in January, McManus said, but he did not identify the military branch.

A note reported to be left on the front door made authorities cautious about entering the house, and so a robot was sent in to look for explosives, but none were found, the police chief said.
    I thought carbon monoxide was odorless?

I will update as soon as names are released.

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post

Good point.
    I think nowadays there's a sweet smell in case you forget to turn your gas off so you remember to turn it off.
    "he had Skittles so he could have made drugs".
    Quote Originally Posted by daisylane View Post
    Yo mama such a ho, that Foursquare has made her vag a place to "check in".

https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/05/us/sa...ide/index.html

The family has not been identified, but McManus said the adults, a man and a woman, were in their mid-to-late-30s. The children ranged in age from 11 months old to 4 years old.
    Police, concerned that the home was "booby-trapped with explosives," searched the residence with a robot to ensure it was safe. The neighborhood was also evacuated as officers combed the scene.

Police were eventually able to enter the garage, where they found the family dead along with two cats in a basket in the front seat.
    If things are this bad, why do you have another baby???

https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/05/us/sa...ide/index.html

If things are this bad, why do you have another baby???
    Because people think a baby will fix a fractured marriage. A baby only makes it harder.

4 kids under 4? Damn.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Because people think a baby will fix a fractured marriage. A baby only makes it harder.
    You can say that again!

Carbon monoxide is odorless, but depending on the source, it can be accompanied by exhaust fumes. The family was found in a vehicle in the garage, I assume that was the source of the CM poisoning, so it was probably the vehicle's exhaust fumes that first responders smelled. My family was almost killed by carbon monoxide from a kerosene heater, and you could definitely smell it.
    You are talking to a woman who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom and chuckled at catastrophe.
    ...Collector of Chairs. Reader of Books. Hater of Nutmeg...

Good to know...I always thought it was completely odorless.

https://www.stripes.com/news/us/army...icide-1.632662

A man found dead alongside his family at a San Antonio home has been identified as a soldier stationed at Joint Base San Antonio-Fort Sam Houston, military and police officials said Friday.

Police conducting a welfare check found the body of Jared Esquibel Harless, 38, in an SUV parked inside the garage of a home on the 100 block of Red Willow on Thursday evening, according to the San Antonio Medical Examiner’s Office. They also found the bodies of a 36-year-old woman; two boys, ages 4 and 11 months; and two girls, ages 3 and 1.

San Antonio Police Chief William McManus told reporters Thursday evening the incident “was not an accident" and that the deaths appeared to be the result of carbon monoxide poisoning.

Harless was assigned to the 470th Military Intelligence Brigade at Joint Base San Antonio, the Army confirmed in a statement Friday. It did not reveal his rank.

I have a friend buried at Fort Sam Houston National Cemetery. My friend and I took a roadtrip to her daughter's in Vegas last year and we made a stop at the cemetery.
    My friend was killed in Iraq about 13 years ago and we lost touch when he joined the Army.
    That didn't stop me from sobbing at his grave site. I was a mess at his memorial service also.
    R.I.P. Daniel and the victims of the murder-suicide
    P.S. Sorry for hijacking the thread.

So both adults went along with the suicide? With the method used, I find it hard to believe it would be otherwise...

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??

Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    So both adults went along with the suicide? With the method used, I find it hard to believe it would be otherwise...
    For some reason I keep thinking gunshot, but I guess you're right, both adults had to be in on it. They should've left the kids and cats alone!

Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    Agree. I wonder if there is a religious aspect to this?
    You are talking to a woman who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom and chuckled at catastrophe.
    ...Collector of Chairs. Reader of Books. Hater of Nutmeg...

Alternative might be the opposing adult could have been incapacitated in some way and placed in the car. That seems far fetched but you never know.

Thread Information