Thread: YouTuber Myka Stauffer under fire for relinquishing custody of son with autism

YouTuber Myka Stauffer under fire for relinquishing custody of son with autism

Anybody know anything about this YT'er? I don't watch any of these influencers or lifestyle people. I really think it's sickening and a big part of what is wrong with society today, but this especially makes me sick.

https://www..com/pop-culture/pop-cul...c-son-n1216636
    Last edited by raisedbywolves; 11-11-2022 at 05:50 PM.

These two look like total douche tools.

https://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...ngi-story.html

Maybe they killed him?
    Last edited by raisedbywolves; 12-03-2022 at 12:38 PM.

I share your inherent dislike of social media 'influencers' and 'lifestyle gurus.' They are certainly a very visible symptom of society's ills, that's for sure - vapid, self-centered, and filtered to a fare-thee-well. Sadly, I think they're here to stay, and since it appears you can make some pretty good dosh by exposing your minor children and personal family moments to thousands of internet strangers, I don't see it ending anytime soon. I dunno, I guess I can't blame someone for trying to make money in difficult times. If the internet were invented back in my toughest days, I might have fancied myself an 'influencer.' Now, I just vote with my mouse and only click if something (like this article) brings me to their channel.

"At first, we couldn?t wrap our heads around special needs adoption. We would just say, ?No we can?t handle all of that, we just want a simple adoption,?" Satuffer wrote in the article. "But as we let the idea soak in, God softened our hearts. Before we knew it, we were open to almost every special needs in the book."

She and her husband were criticized on social media, with #cancelmykastauffer trending on social media shortly after the announcement.
    So it sounds like they were clear upfront that they weren't comfortable with a special needs child. Something (monetized YT account? subscriber numbers? God?) changed their minds. Clearly the Stauffer's exploited the adoption for their public image (ironically enough). I find that abhorrent and they may never fully recover from the consequences of a foolish decision they are no doubt already regretting. At the same time, I can't criticize their decision to relinquish the child. I shudder to think of the life he would have had with a couple of self-absorbed 'influencers' who would use him as a prop, and discard him when he doesn't fit the script. So I'm very glad he's in the arms of someone who truly cares for him and understands his needs (if indeed he really is, and I hope he is).

ETA: I missed RBW's last post. The State of Ohio doesn't know where the baby is?!?!? So this wasn't an 'official re-homing'??? WTF ?!?!?! Please tell me they're not religious freaks or cult followers.

ETA again: Ruh-roh.... every single video has been removed from "The Stauffer Life," although Myka's channel is still stocked.

The Stauffer Life: https://www.youtube.com/user/TheStaufferLife/featured

Myka Stauffer: https://www.youtube.com/user/mykastauffer
    Last edited by KimTisha; 06-03-2020 at 12:44 PM.
    You are talking to a woman who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom and chuckled at catastrophe.
    ...Collector of Chairs. Reader of Books. Hater of Nutmeg...

I don't even want to click on their channels and give them any clicks or publicity, but the fact that they are removing their videos makes me suspicious. I sure hope this little boy is ok, and that the authorities are able to find him soon!

So did they know going into the adoption that the kid was special needs?

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    So did they know going into the adoption that the kid was special needs?
    Yes. At first they were against adopting a special needs kid, then they said God softened their hearts to the idea of a special needs adoption.

Quote Originally Posted by KimTisha View Post
    At the same time, I can't criticize their decision to relinquish the child. I shudder to think of the life he would have had with a couple of self-absorbed 'influencers' who would use him as a prop, and discard him when he doesn't fit the script. So I'm very glad he's in the arms of someone who truly cares for him and understands his needs (if indeed he really is, and I hope he is).
    "Over time, the team of medical professionals advised our clients it might be best for Huxley to be placed with another family. This is devastating news for any parent," attorneys Thomas Taneff and Taylor Sayers said in a statement.
    I may have spoken too quickly. A team of medical professionals advised them it might be in the best interests of the child. Don't know what to think right now, but I'm glad the child isn't missing.

ETA: Interesting, I just stumbled across this quote in an article I'm reading about people who monetize their personal lives.

Capitalizing off one's daily life, and what one loves in their life, is "an unsustainable business model," says Heather Armstrong, the Dooce blogger who recently published a book about her own depression, The Valedictorian of Being Dead. "It's completely demoralizing. The constant need to track and document what you're doing for people, the burnout is real."
    Add five children, one of them with severe health issues. I'm going to guess they had no idea what they were getting in to.

Anyway, it's an interesting article about what can happen when people monetize their personal lives and the things they love.... and then life happens.

https://www.elle.com/life-love/a2943...og-influencer/
    Last edited by KimTisha; 06-03-2020 at 04:50 PM.
    You are talking to a woman who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom and chuckled at catastrophe.

We have a friend who does YouTube. He's probably one of the top people in his niche category that he covers on YT. He occasionally talks about personal stuff on his channel. He was trying to talk my husband into doing it when we first met about 8 years ago. He invited him to do some guest stuff on his channel, which my husband did. Shortly after this our friend starting talking about all the stress he has experienced from his channel. He said the comments really get to him sometimes, and people have doxxed him and swatted him, and interfered with his full time job in order to get him fired, etc.

The older I get, the less I like conflict and confrontation. Don't get me wrong, I am a scrapper. I spent the first 40 years of my life fighting battles, for myself and everyone else, however I don't really want to do that anymore. I can't imagine living my every day like that, where everything is conflict and anxiety. NO THANK YOU! My husband and I talked about it and realized we didn't want to even have him guest on our friend's channel after that.

I have a very small amount of sympathy for these social media people after what I saw with our friend, however, at the end of the day if they choose to keep doing it then I really can't feel too sorry for them.

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    We have a friend who does YouTube. He's probably one of the top people in his niche category that he covers on YT. He occasionally talks about personal stuff on his channel. He was trying to talk my husband into doing it when we first met about 8 years ago. He invited him to do some guest stuff on his channel, which my husband did. Shortly after this our friend starting talking about all the stress he has experienced from his channel. He said the comments really get to him sometimes, and people have doxxed him and swatted him, and interfered with his full time job in order to get him fired, etc.

The older I get, the less I like conflict and confrontation.
    Don't get me wrong, I am a scrapper. I spent the first 40 years of my life fighting battles, for myself and everyone else, however I don't really want to do that anymore. I can't imagine living my every day like that, where everything is conflict and anxiety. NO THANK YOU! My husband and I talked about it and realized we didn't want to even have him guest on our friend's channel after that.
    Amen, sister! My husband has toyed with the idea of starting a podcast and I am totally opposed to it. Number one, we're retired, and the commitment to a podcast is a job. Number two, we're living in times where a simple difference of opinion can result in an angry mob of strangers trying to destroy your life. I don't need that kind of chaos mucking up the otherwise awesome life we've worked hard to create for ourselves.

Hopefully Huxley is in a better environment and is happier now. That's all that matters.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

https://www.techtimes.com/articles/2...-fabletics.htm

YouTuber Myka Stauffer Loses Partnership With Several Companies Including Kate Hudson's Fabletics

She basically used this kid as a prop to get followers IMO.

https://www.thehollywoodgossip.com/2...-abandon-my-b/
    Shades of DaddyoFive. Wonder what the Martins are up to these days? That should give us a glimpse of the Stauffer's future.

Hopefully Huxley is in a better environment and is happier now. That's all that matters.
    And this. Definitely this.

Wow! What a shitshow!
    It amazes me, the lengths people will go to for popularity and $$$.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    I don't have a thousand dollars hanging around to buy a fart in a jar lol.

An interesting article on the subject of failed adoptions

https://getpocket.com/explore/item/w...=pocket-newtab

When Families Un-Adopt a Child
    Between 1 and 5 percent of U.S. adoptions get legally dissolved each year. Some children are put up for “second-chance adoptions.”

That article ("When Families Un-Adopt a Child") is heartbreaking. And did you go to the webpage and look at those sweeties? 18 currently available. Ugh...

I think the privacy concerns (re: advertising children like this) are valid.

https://wiaa.org/2nd-chance-adoption/waiting-children/

Quote Originally Posted by KimTisha View Post
    That article ("When Families Un-Adopt a Child") is heartbreaking. And did you go to the webpage and look at those sweeties? 18 currently available. Ugh...

I think the privacy concerns (re: advertising children like this) are valid.

https://wiaa.org/2nd-chance-adoption/waiting-children/
    Reading through those adoption listings is heart breaking and infuriating. I have so many questions. One thing I did notice is that 4 of the children seem to be from the same household. What, are they just collecting children to look good in the community and then throwing them away???

Also, I noticed that they are saying in one of the ads the kid can't go to a homosexual, and in some of the ads they say they want a Christian family, or even more specifically, a Mormon family. If you are throwing the kids away, how do you get to dictate if someone is willing to come in and love and take care of them?

BB73, you were taking a break from here when we were talking about this. Speaking of family accounts, here's another cunt that used her family to make $$$ and then dropped one when it wasn't convenient.

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    BB73, you were taking a break from here when we were talking about this. Speaking of family accounts, here's another cunt that used her family to make $$$ and then dropped one when it wasn't convenient.
    Yeah, I was following this while it was happening. These people are disgusting. Child actors have strict policies in place that protect them, but on YouTube anything goes and it has to stop.

Others to check out for disgusting stuff:

8 Passengers
    The Ace Family

If you look up videos about family vloggers on YouTube you find tons of gross information about these kinds of channels..
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

I clicked on the link that KT posted, and I see she spawned again. Thats just great.

Then I saw a pic of her in a bikini, super skinny in "what I eat in a day". Her need for attention is really sad.

What makes me mad is shes still attention whoring and I hope her kids arent involved, but I have a feeling they are.

There are some families that do youtube that dont seem too bad. My son likes "goo goo colors" and "vlad and nikita".

I clicked on the link that KT posted, and I see she spawned again. Thats just great.

Then I saw a pic of her in a bikini, super skinny in "what I eat in a day". Her need for attention is really sad.

What makes me mad is shes still attention whoring and I hope her kids arent involved, but I have a feeling they are.

There are some families that do youtube that dont seem too bad. My son likes "goo goo colors" and "vlad and nikita".
    The channels you're describing aren't Vlogging channels though. It's kids for kids content. Yes, there should still be policies in place that protect the kids just like child actors in sitcoms, but those channels aren't exploiting their children as much as vloggers do. Vloggers will keep having children just for content and film their kids going to the bathroom or having meltdowns or bra shopping for the first time. All stuff that could come back and haunt them when they get older.

ETA: For example, vloggers will fake some huge distaster as clickbait. One family made it a huge drama making it out like one of the wildfires was in their back yard and that they were going to lose their home and had to evacuate when in reality the fires were nowhere near them. They try to produce viral videos using their kids. It's a bit different.
    Last edited by Boston Babe 73; 05-03-2021 at 05:10 PM.

I wonder if she found out she was pregnant and that's why they ditched the adopted kid (after he had gotten them a bunch of followers and money of course)?

I wonder if she found out she was pregnant and that's why they ditched the adopted kid (after he had gotten them a bunch of followers and money of course)?
    hmmm I didnt even think of that. That could definately be possible, the timeline matches up.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    The channels you're describing aren't Vlogging channels though. It's kids for kids content. Yes, there should still be policies in place that protect the kids just like child actors in sitcoms, but those channels aren't exploiting their children as much as vloggers do. Vloggers will keep having children just for content and film their kids going to the bathroom or having meltdowns or bra shopping for the first time. All stuff that could come back and haunt them when they get older.

ETA: For example, vloggers will fake some huge distaster as clickbait. One family made it a huge drama making it out like one of the wildfires was in their back yard and that they were going to lose their home and had to evacuate when in reality the fires were nowhere near them. They try to produce viral videos using their kids. It's a bit different.
    My cousins daughter will not allow ANY pictures of her kids to be posted. I understand her feelings to a point, but it seems that there must be a happy medium between these people who eat their children for fun and profit and those who won't let grandma show of a picture of the grandbaby.
    But yeah the vloggers and the TLC people (the Duggers and the like) do a great deal of harm to their kids. Serve them all right if their kids grow up to be like Christoper Robin.
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/lifestyle...Y6FYDSRIVHMGY/

Happy at last: Adopted son dumped by influencer Myka Stauffer finds new home

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/lifestyle...Y6FYDSRIVHMGY/

Happy at last: Adopted son dumped by influencer Myka Stauffer finds new home
    Well I'm happy that he found a decent family. Those people are horrible.

Thread Information