Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Share your travel memories and stories

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    Pics?
    No way. I've been on MDS long enough to know what happens to women who take selfies on cliffs. I got a few shots of the prairie at the scenic mound, but I don't do cliffs. Nope, nope, nope. Funny, I wanted to post a photo of the prairie from the mound, and on my phone, I can't tell which one it is because ALL of my photos are flat, wide prairies! I have to wait to download it and see the time/date stamp.

Quote Originally Posted by S281Saleen160 View Post
    Enjoy every minute! I wish I was with you guys. If you guys are driving thru Colorado tell Mr Tisha to drive Loveland Pass off I-70.......and Independance Pass. Both roads take you up to the Continental Divide, cool shit no doubt. I sent you my number so you can text me whn you get to Vegas looking forward to meeting you guys.
    We're having a blast! We do a Great American Road Trip every two years and focus on a different area of the country and a different theme. This year is the Niblings Tour because we're visiting a lot of nieces and nephews. Mr. Tisha does all the driving and I'm in charge of finding places to eat along the route, Siri Queries, and Pointing Out Things Mr. T Can?t Look At Because He's Busy Driving Damnit. I think he will agree that I have faithfully performed my duties well.

I'm blessed with a husband who gladly indulges my penchant for historic sites and roadside oddities; and while we sadly won't get to Loveland this trip (been there, Loved it!), in one week, we have seen some amazing and ingenius roadside folk art, architecture, and history. We travel all over Europe, North America, and places in between - and my favorite trip is always our semi-annual Great American Road Trip.
    You are talking to a woman who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom and chuckled at catastrophe.
    ...Collector of Chairs. Reader of Books. Hater of Nutmeg...

I learned something interesting yesterday....saying "he hung himself" is no grammatically correct. Its he hanged himself. In all other circumstances you would use "hung" but not with refering to a suicide by hanging.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    I learned something interesting yesterday....saying "he hung himself" is no grammatically correct. Its he hanged himself. In all other circumstances you would use "hung" but not with refering to a suicide by hanging.
    I'm a little concerned that you posted this under "Travel Memories"

Lmfaooo. Could be travel related. If someone hanged himself he would have traveled a short distance south.

In two weeks I'm going kayaking on the Salt river in Arizona, they have wild mustangs that play in the river....really looking forward to seeing the wild mustangs. Beautiful animals.

I only know this because I am a grammar nerd and love little factoids like this.

In two weeks I'm going kayaking on the Salt river in Arizona, they have wild mustangs that play in the river....really looking forward to seeing the wild mustangs. Beautiful animals.
    That's going to be so cool. I hope you get pictures. We saw buffalos in Custer State Park yesterday. I'll post pics when I download them. On the road again tomorrow. Montana here we come!
    You are talking to a woman who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom and chuckled at catastrophe.

Quote Originally Posted by KimTisha View Post
    I only know this because I am a grammar nerd and love little factoids like this.

That's going to be so cool. I hope you get pictures. We saw buffalos in Custer State Park yesterday. I'll post pics when I download them. On the road again tomorrow. Montana here we come!
    I really loved Montana when I road tripped up to Canada back in '99 with a friend. Big Sky Country indeed! I loved it so much that I was too engrossed in the scenery when we stopped at a roadside park on a river, and I didn't realize that I left my husband's fancy Nikon camera on the top of the car. Oops.

I thought I was posting in Speak Here

Though it may pertain to my current vacation jk

"Its no grammatically correct" jesus im a mess.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Are you enjoying vacation? Hope the weather is good.

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.

This is why we you!

I knew you thought you were in a different thread, I was just giving you crap because I thought it was funny.

Enjoy your last couple of days of vacay!

Thanks guys. It?s colder here than I would have liked but nothing beats the beach. It?s my zen place.

It would have been perfect if it wasn?t for the 3 year old. It is what it is though.

We visited my uncles house which is a replica of a civil war house. It was very cool to hear the history about the area. Apparently it was a lookout place for soldiers. It was on a marsh and very cool.

Mountain Lion tracks.

Mountain Lion tracks.

We're making our way across America and having the time of our lives. My nephew is a falconer and today we went hunting with this beautiful girl. Her name is Hazel and she is a five month old peregrine falcon. She's a baby yet, and still learning to hunt on her own. She chased a wood pigeon today but didn't get it, she was flying too low and gliding, having a grand old time, but not really hunting. TBH, I was grateful. I love raptors, but I don't need to see the circle of life played out before my eyes.

Last edited by KimTisha; 09-24-2020 at 08:19 PM.

Some other critters we've met along the way....

These ladies took us on a tour of Bardstown, KY:

A master of camouflage, I can't believe I spotted this wise hooter as we drove across a tiny bridge in Livingston, MT:

Buffalumps and pronghorn antelopes everywhere!

Heading back to the car after feeding and petting the bison. Not happy because I forgot to take a selfie for Puzzld.

This little guy had the cutest fuzzy nose and kept poking it through the fence at me:

Great pics KimT!

Not sure how I missed the falcon pics yesterday, but wow! Love the owl pic too!

Thanks Ang, RBW. Owls are notoriously hard to spot because they camouflage so well. I was staring at the lump on that log wondering what it was, and when the car tires hit the wooden bridge, he snapped his head around and I saw those big eyes. I was thrilled. Even more thrilled that he sat there while Mr. Tisha slammed on the brakes and backed the car up. Disappointed that I didn't think to switch to video before he flew off.

Quote Originally Posted by KimTisha View Post
    Thanks Ang, RBW. Owls are notoriously hard to spot because they camouflage so well. I was staring at the lump on that log wondering what it was, and when the car tires hit the wooden bridge, he snapped his head around and I saw those big eyes. I was thrilled. Even more thrilled that he sat there while Mr. Tisha slammed on the brakes and backed the car up. Disappointed that I didn't think to switch to video before he flew off.
    I had never seen an owl until we moved here. We have seen quite a few large owls since we came to Florida. I think they are beautiful! The largest one I ever saw had at least a 6 foot wingspan and it was catching lizards on the side of my neighbor's house.

Hiked from the beach to the Halifax River through the Ponce Preserve today. It was beautiful!

Beach

Trail from beach

400 year old tree

Another historic old tree

kayak launch area and mangroves

boardwalk over mangrove swamp

Halifax River
    Last edited by raisedbywolves; 09-29-2020 at 03:24 PM.

Beautiful pics RBW!

Im jealous-I wish I lived near a beach.

Beautiful pics RBW!

Im jealous-I wish I lived near a beach.
    Thank you! Funnily enough we haven't been to the beach in a couple of years, but we are making an effort to get out and do some exploring.

Hiked from the beach to the Halifax River through the Ponce Preserve today. It was beautiful!

Beach

Trail from beach

400 year old tree

Another historic old tree

kayak launch area and mangroves

boardwalk over mangrove swamp

Halifax River
    Looks nice there! Do you have those mantees by you? My friend in Ft Lauderdale has them in her backyard where the canal is. Cool shit.

Looks nice there! Do you have those mantees by you? My friend in Ft Lauderdale has them in her backyard where the canal is. Cool shit.
    Yes.

Thread Information