Thread: Tony (2) & Miracle Crook (3) Found in a Tulsa Area creek days after going missing

Tony (2) & Miracle Crook (3) Found in a Tulsa Area creek days after going missing

https://www.tulsaworld.com/news/loca...0b3a258b6.html

Tulsa police said they recovered the body of a young boy in north Tulsa on Wednesday, a day after the body of a young girl was recovered west of Okay in Wagoner County as authorities work to determine if the bodies are those of two missing Tulsa toddlers.

The boy?s body was discovered in Bird Creek near the 46th Street North bridge about 5 p.m. Wednesday, Lt. Richard Meulenberg said. The boy was found wearing clothing similar to that of Tony Crook, 2, but Meulenberg said positive identification will only come after DNA testing through the Medical Examiner?s Office.

?I know this is potentially tragic,? Tulsa Police Chief Wendell Franklin said Wednesday during a press briefing, emphasizing that neither body has been formally identified.

?My heart goes out to the family,? he continued. ?My prayers continue that these two children are safe somewhere, but I know that based on some of the evidence ... we are moreso looking at a recovery operation as opposed to any type of rescue. ?We are continuing to search that (Mingo) creek area and we?ll continue to do so for the next several days.?

Crook and his sister, Miracle, 3, went missing from an east Tulsa apartment complex late last week. After an extensive search of the complex and surrounding areas, officers discovered security footage Tuesday morning showing the two playing Friday in a grassy area near Mingo Creek.

The footage reportedly shows the two holding hands while going down an embankment toward the creek.

The children?s mother, Donisha Willis, has not been cooperative with investigators and remains jailed on complaints of assault and battery on a police officer after former conviction of a felony and child neglect after former conviction of a felony.

A fisherman found a young girl?s body floating in the Verdigris River late Tuesday evening, prompting searchers to vastly expand their efforts beyond the Tulsa area. Emergency management officials from Wagoner and Muskogee counties put boats in downstream and worked their way up to the mouth of the Verdigris into the Arkansas River, where they recovered the body, Wagoner County Sheriff Chris Elliott said at the briefing.

The effort grew to include more than 10 public safety agencies, Elliott said. Tulsa police and firefighters, as well as members of Oklahoma Task Force 1?s Urban Search and Rescue Team, searched in and along Mingo Creek up to 36th Street North.

TOP ARTICLES
    1/5
    READ MORE
    Mother arrested; Police seek public's help in search
    for toddlers missing since Friday

Those search efforts continued downstream to Bird Creek into Wednesday evening, when the young boy?s body was found.

Crews were working their way downstream in 1-mile increments, hiking along the banks and slowly floating rafts in the shallow waters. Heavy rains had swollen creeks and rivers with swift waters in the area when the children went missing, but they have since receded.

Rogers County Sheriff?s Office Search and Rescue have taken to searching on horseback from there, and Wagoner County Emergency Management and the Wagoner County Sheriff?s Office are searching the waters between Lock and Dam 17 and 18, Elliott said.

Other agencies include the Oklahoma Highway Patrol Marine Division, the Cherokee Nation Marshall Service, Fort Gibson Fire Department, Muskogee County Sheriff?s Office, Okay Fire Department, U.S. Army Corps of Engineers and the U.S. Army Reserve.

Task force members involved in the search estimated about 100 miles of waterway stretched between the apartments along Mingo Creek where the children went missing and the point in the Verdigris River where the girl?s body was recovered.

Despite many members of the public wanting to help, Franklin and Elliott asked that they hold off while trained professionals with proper equipment navigate the particularly dangerous wooded areas and waters.

?I know everyone wants to find these children,? Franklin said. ?I know everyone wants to be involved and everyone has that heart of servitude, but right now, I would love for the public to allow us to do that.?

Along with expressing his condolences to the family, Elliott asked members of the public to pray for the emergency workers who are searching.

?It?s a tough, tough thing anytime you have to extract a small, deceased child out of a river.?

So if I'm reading this right, mom is in jail because she got feisty with the cops, not because of anything they think she did to the children, right?
    You are talking to a woman who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom and chuckled at catastrophe.
    ...Collector of Chairs. Reader of Books. Hater of Nutmeg...

Quote Originally Posted by KimTisha View Post
    So if I'm reading this right, mom is in jail because she got feisty with the cops, not because of anything they think she did to the children, right?
    I thought it was child endangerment? I mean, who TF lets a 2 and 3 year old play outside by themselves?? Especially with water nearby...

I don't think she physically harmed them herself, due to this:

The footage reportedly shows the two holding hands while going down an embankment toward the creek

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

So adorable. Rip

Illinois but the Southern part, which kind of sucks
    Who let's kids this young play outside unsupervised? Even if she isn't at fault, she's guilty of neglect.

Quote Originally Posted by Queena View Post
    Who let's kids this young play outside unsupervised? Even if she isn't at fault, she's guilty of neglect.
    Exactly what I said. Especially when there is a body of water nearby, I mean, come on.

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

In my opinion, the meth started talking to her and offered to babysit while she took a nap. My question is why did the guardian allow her to be alone with the kids?

https://www.tulsaworld.com/news/moth...f187048e3.html

Shoreline Apartments, 9601 E. 21st Place, has been buzzing since Friday night, when the toddlers’ guardian, their aunt, found their mother passed out and the children nowhere to be found. She called police, Franklin said.

Willis, 24, had been on probation since September after serving one year of each of two three-year sentences for assault and battery on a police officer and bringing methamphetamine into a jail, according to online records.

https://fox6now.com/2020/06/15/death...as-a-homicide/

Police booked Donisha Willis into the Tulsa County jail for child endangerment -- however, Willis does not have legal guardianship over the children.

Police said when they tried talking to Willis, she refused to talk and said “they [kids] don’t even matter,” according to a police report.
    Last edited by up2trouble; 06-16-2020 at 06:55 AM.

Thread Information