Thread: Wedding company denies refund after man's fiancee (Alexis Wyatt, 22) dies ? then taunts him online

Wedding company denies refund after man's fiancee (Alexis Wyatt, 22) dies ? then taunts him online

https://www.facebook.com/alexisathena.wyatt

https://www.facebook.com/justin.montney.7

https://nypost.com/2020/05/27/weddin...-fiancee-dies/

Not exactly the picture of kindness.

A wedding photography company refused to refund a Colorado man after his fiancee died in a tragic car crash ' then taunted him online, according to reports.

Citing his rare and heartbreaking circumstances, Justin Montney, of Colorado Springs, asked the firm Copper Stallion Media to return a $1,800 deposit after his 22-year-old bride-to-be Alexis Wyatt was killed on Feb. 4, according to KRDO-TV.

'They said they'd extend my service to my next wedding, which was a very insensitive thing to tell me,' he told the station. 'They should have been able to [refund it] because they didn't render any services.'

But the Texas-based photography company denied his request, citing a 'legally binding contract' signed in November.

As word of the refusal spread, people left dozens of negative reviews on the company's social media pages, along with the wedding site TheKnot.com, according to Fox 6 Now.

The photography firm soon fired back by creating a website, JustinMontneyWedding.com, in order to 'build our case' against him.

It states that Montney brought the story to 'the failing news station KRDO' for a segment in which he 'admits the contract was non-refundable.'

'Life is a b-tch Justin,' the website reads, according to the station.

The message appeared to be removed from the site Wednesday.

'We replied and expressed our sympathy and explained to him that all of our wedding contracts are non-refundable,' Copper Stallion Media also said on its website.

'He kept emailing us trying to get a refund and we kept reiterating that the contract is non-refundable. We eventually stopped responding since the issue was moot.'

The company could not be reached for comment Wednesday.

Last edited by up2trouble; 05-28-2020 at 05:31 AM.

Ugh. I certainly feel sorry for the groom. This situation sucks. The company would have been better off to refund the money, or at least a portion of it. That said the "smear campaign" was a bad move. And the retaliatory website against the groom? Business suicide. I understand money is tight and business is business, so there won't be a refund. But attacking a customer that way. No. You're off my list.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

Quote Originally Posted by puzzld View Post
    Ugh. I certainly feel sorry for the groom. This situation sucks. The company would have been better off to refund the money, or at least a portion of it. That said the "smear campaign" was a bad move. And the retaliatory website against the groom? Business suicide. I understand money is tight and business is business, so there won't be a refund. But attacking a customer that way. No. You're off my list.
    I honestly dont get it. They have not done a shred of work yet except maybe make a copy of the contract. $100.00 should cover their costs. It's not last minute. Maybe they have or will have another client. I don't think anybody should use them ever. That would be a devil taking pictures. Evil and heartless.

Quote Originally Posted by terps1990 View Post
    I honestly dont get it. They have not done a shred of work yet except maybe make a copy of the contract. $100.00 should cover their costs. It's not last minute. Maybe they have or will have another client. I don't think anybody should use them ever. That would be a devil taking pictures. Evil and heartless.
    I can kind of understand it. The bottom has fallen out of the world. They have bills to pay, probably staff to pay. And they may not be getting any bookings. In my own family people have canceled or postponed 3 weddings, 4 graduation parties and have had two no funeral burials. So the business is probably hurting, and everybody has a sad story, a death, breakups, etc. And they had a no refund contract, because who expected to have to cancel. Now from a PR stand point ... give the man his money. Minus a deposit if you must. But when this is the 4th, 5th or gok of how many cancellations? I can see being a hard ass. But it's not going to help your business in the long run.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

Totally agree with Puzzld and Terps. I wouldn't even want this kind of bad energy at my wedding.
    You are talking to a woman who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom and chuckled at catastrophe.
    ...Collector of Chairs. Reader of Books. Hater of Nutmeg...

I saw a youtube video I suppose friends of the groom made. The copper media guy has been sued many times then changes his LLC name and moves to start over. He sounds psycho like. What does he say to the couple "smile for the psycho".

Where they don't have maps.......such as..
    That’s disgusting. I’m a pro photographer...hired for lots of weddings. I have a contract...but I also have a goddamn heart. They’d spent the money and didn’t want to tap resources to pay it back. Going on to create a website, I hope brings this business down. It lacks compassion, empathy and ethics. Screw the contract...be a human.
    Last edited by SuchAClassicGirl; 06-01-2020 at 06:45 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by blighted star
    I was about to be annoyed that this thread was still active, but I see now it's morphed into offers of sex for chilli confectionary, so carry on guys :)

I can understand not wanting to give a refund, but creating a website took it a step too far!
    Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    I don't have a thousand dollars hanging around to buy a fart in a jar lol.

I feel like a refund is the right thing to do when there is a death like this....it's not like the couple just decided to not get married. So, that I believe is wrong, and then to take it further the way they did? Disgusting.

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Thread Information