Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Germaphobes Unite!

Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    I recommend it, there are lots of good, different flavors. I like the cherry.
    Is it regular or sparkling? I can't drink anything sparkling. I was looking online and that's what I was seeing, but I thought I remembered seeing a regular variety.

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    Is it regular or sparkling? I can't drink anything sparkling. I was looking online and that's what I was seeing, but I thought I remembered seeing a regular variety.
    Definitely not sparkling. It is just like if you take plain water and add a slice of fruit.

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Definitely not sparkling. It is just like if you take plain water and add a slice of fruit.
    Ok, I will have to check it out!

Jergens extra moisturizing soap is not the answer. My hands are still cracked and dry.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    I don't have a thousand dollars hanging around to buy a fart in a jar lol.

Why is this? I'm intrigued because I can't drink anything sparkling either. It all tastes like Alka-Seltzer to me.

ETA: Technically, I can drink it, it's just a very unpleasant experience.
    You are talking to a woman who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom and chuckled at catastrophe.
    ...Collector of Chairs. Reader of Books. Hater of Nutmeg...

Quote Originally Posted by KimTisha View Post
    Why is this? I'm intrigued because I can't drink anything sparkling either. It all tastes like Alka-Seltzer to me.

ETA: Technically, I can drink it, it's just a very unpleasant experience.
    I had to quit diet Coke because the carbonation was making me have more acid in my esophagus. I have silent GERD. I don't get heartburn, but the acid is always in my throat and my doctor was always convinced I was going to get Barrett's esophagus and cancer. Now if I accidentally drink my husband's soda, it makes me want to vomit and is very unpleasant on my throat. It's like battery acid to me.

I had to quit diet Coke because the carbonation was making me have more acid in my esophagus. I have silent GERD. I don't get heartburn, but the acid is always in my throat and my doctor was always convinced I was going to get Barrett's esophagus and cancer. Now if I accidentally drink my husband's soda, it makes me want to vomit and is very unpleasant on my throat. It's like battery acid to me.
    Ah, yours is an actual reason. Mine is in my head.
    You are talking to a woman who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom and chuckled at catastrophe.

You guys need to get Hint! I am about to order more

yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

You guys need to get Hint! I am about to order more
    I'm going to try it.

I'm going to try it.

Someone tell me I'm crazy for worrying.
    My husband set my baby's tub on the toilet while he took a shower (we just bathed baby tonight). Afterward, he hung the tub up to dry (it has a hook you can attach to shower rod). My head touched the tub as I was leaving the bathroom. Now, I'm freaking.

My husband set my baby's tub on the toilet while he took a shower (we just bathed baby tonight). Afterward, he hung the tub up to dry (it has a hook you can attach to shower rod). My head touched the tub as I was leaving the bathroom. Now, I'm freaking.

I think you will be ok. Try not to freak out.

I think it'll be ok and I don't think you're are crazy. I only have one bathroom so I keep a can of Lysol there in case someone else has to use it. I spray everything down afterward. I also have travel size Lysol, as a diabetic, sometimes I have to go in public. I spray down any toilets that I have to use. I'd just spray down the baby tub and let it dry. You can rinse it before the baby uses it again.

Quote Originally Posted by up2trouble View Post
    I think it'll be ok and I don't think you're are crazy. I only have one bathroom so I keep a can of Lysol there in case someone else has to use it. I spray everything down afterward. I also have travel size Lysol, as a diabetic, sometimes I have to go in public. I spray down any toilets that I have to use. I'd just spray down the baby tub and let it dry. You can rinse it before the baby uses it again.
    If anyone ever uses my bathrooms I clean and sanitize the crap out of them, literally and figuratively . Public bathrooms are places I try to avoid, and if I have to use them I will pretty much sanitize my skin off afterwards.

Quote Originally Posted by up2trouble View Post
    I also have travel size Lysol, as a diabetic, sometimes I have to go in public.
    Public bathrooms are places I try to avoid, and if I have to use them I will pretty much sanitize my skin off afterwards.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
    Haha, I am not that bad. I will definitely use a public restroom if I have to...I just take a shower as soon as I get home though, and I use sanitizer a lot until I can take that shower.

No, that is not the purpose of this thread.

ETA: I moved it to the thread it belongs in.
    Last edited by raisedbywolves; 07-28-2020 at 09:19 AM.

Illinois but the Southern part, which kind of sucks
    Hi. I'm the person who can't touch doorknobs. If I touch a doorknob I panic inside. It's been over 20 years since I purposely touched a doorknob. I'm also a hsndwashing snob. I will tell anyone off if they don't wash their hands after going to the bathroom. I also have sensitivity issues and can't use lotion. Sometimes I wash my hands so much they crack. Public bathrooms? I will come home just to use the bathroom. When I was pregnant I could tell you every clean bathroom in Southern Illinois and western Kentucky. I may have OCD. I may not. I just know that since I don't touch doorknobs I catch less colds.

Quote Originally Posted by Queena View Post
    Hi. I'm the person who can't touch doorknobs. If I touch a doorknob I panic inside. It's been over 20 years since I purposely touched a doorknob. I'm also a hsndwashing snob. I will tell anyone off if they don't wash their hands after going to the bathroom. I also have sensitivity issues and can't use lotion. Sometimes I wash my hands so much they crack. Public bathrooms? I will come home just to use the bathroom. When I was pregnant I could tell you every clean bathroom in Southern Illinois and western Kentucky. I may have OCD. I may not. I just know that since I don't touch doorknobs I catch less colds.
    I think there's a balance. The recent covid events have shown me that us germaphobes aren't wrong. I did have a grandmother who would wash her hands for hours every day (OCD), I so realize there's a point where it's too much. I try to straddle that line. Even before 2020 I kept hand sanitizer in my purse, car, and house and used it liberally. If I have to use a public toilet I never touch the seat.

Illinois but the Southern part, which kind of sucks
    I think there's a balance. The recent covid events have shown me that us germaphobes aren't wrong. I did have a grandmother who would wash her hands for hours every day (OCD), I so realize there's a point where it's too much. I try to straddle that line. Even before 2020 I kept hand sanitizer in my purse, car, and house and used it liberally. If I have to use a public toilet I never touch the seat.
    I used to clean the toilets before using them. Now I just can't. The inner panic that I feel. I also can't skip taking a shower. If I do I will get up in the middle of the night and shower. I'm not a neat freak. I'm quite junky tbh, but it's organized junk.

I got a phone sanitizer today. I am sanitizing everything that will fit in it!

I got a phone sanitizer today. I am sanitizing everything that will fit in it!
    I have a Phone Soap... somewhere.

Would you leave the tap running?
    You just used the restroom at a gas station.
    There's no paper towels. Only a hand dryer.
    Would you turn the water off after washing your hands knowing you and many others touched the knobs after doing who knows what.
    I let it run. Lucky for them, someone came in shortly after I did.
    I'll make sure to carry napkins if I go there again.

Would you leave the tap running?
    You just used the restroom at a gas station.
    There's no paper towels. Only a hand dryer.
    Would you turn the water off after washing your hands knowing you and many others touched the knobs after doing who knows what.
    I let it run. Lucky for them, someone came in shortly after I did.
    I'll make sure to carry napkins if I go there again.
    I would use toilet paper to turn it off...but I probably wouldn't use a gas station bathroom in the first place.

Thread Information