Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Germaphobes Unite!

Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Please keep me in your prayers.
    I just ordered food through a third party.
    I hope no one eats my food on the way here.
    I went with a local food delivery company.
    I just thought about it. I guess ordering local vs using a corporation won't keep someone from eating your food.
    I promise you they don't have time to stop and eat your food. Time is money. And then, of course, there's the whole customer complaint thing.
    You are talking to a woman who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom and chuckled at catastrophe.
    ...Collector of Chairs. Reader of Books. Hater of Nutmeg...

Please keep me in your prayers.
    I just ordered food through a third party.
    I hope no one eats my food on the way here.
    I went with a local food delivery company.
    I just thought about it. I guess ordering local vs using a corporation won't keep someone from eating your food.
    I hear you. I won't even have pizza delivered. I'm a wierdo.

Read this article.
    https://www.npr.org/2019/07/30/74660...ting-your-food
    Luckily, I think my food was uneaten.
    I guess going with local, they have more at stake as far as reputation.
    I ordered Chinese from a restaurant I never tried before. This local delivery service only had three Chinese restaurants I could choose from. One in the mall, one on the island, and one about the same distance as the island, but for some reason, the delivery fee was less.
    I got something called Dragon & Phoenix which was sesame chicken and shrimp with mixed vegetables. Very good!
    Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    I don't have a thousand dollars hanging around to buy a fart in a jar lol.

Quote Originally Posted by KimTisha View Post
    Just came across this quote in an old magazine, obviously a fellow germaphobe....
    Was the inventor of lip balm like, "I love ChapStick, but how can I get my dirty fingers involved?"
    - Kurt Braunohler

As a self admitted chapstick addict, I approve of this quote!

I have told my husband that if he ever asks if I have any chapstick he can use, and I say that I don't have any, just assume that I have been abducted by aliens and replaced by a clone. At all times, I have multiple chapsticks in my desk, purse, vehicle, couch sidetable, bedside table, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    As a self admitted chapstick addict, I approve of this quote!

I have told my husband that if he ever asks if I have any chapstick he can use, and I say that I don't have any, just assume that I have been abducted by aliens and replaced by a clone. At all times, I have multiple chapsticks in my desk, purse, vehicle, couch sidetable, bedside table, etc.
    That's me with Burt's Bees. I cleaned out my purse yesterday and found five tubes floating around in there.
    You are talking to a woman who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom and chuckled at catastrophe.

I finally bought a trashcan! It cost $200. Thank you stimulus money.
    https://www.simplehuman.com/rectangu...e/58L-recycler

For that price it should round up the empties from under the bed and trot itself out to the curb.

Don't mind me. It kills me to spend bells on Animal Crossing...
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

Your trash will be livin' large!

I was looking at cheaper options, but the reviews were negative. This way if anything happens to my trashcan like my son breaks it, I have up to ten years to replace it.

I think I ate some bad food. Ugh! I don't want to take anything for my upset stomach since I'm breastfeeding and I don't know what's safe.

I think I ate some bad food. Ugh! I don't want to take anything for my upset stomach since I'm breastfeeding and I don't know what's safe.
    Ginger? Peppermint? Ginger ale?

Ginger? Peppermint? Ginger ale?
    I'll try the ginger ale. Have you seen the new ginger ale lemonade or ginger ale orange? They're both good.
    I heard if you have an upset stomach, you should eat bland foods.

I don't remember if I asked this question, but anyone have a recommendation for moisturizing hand soap?
    I was thinking about Jergens.

I'll try the ginger ale. Have you seen the new ginger ale lemonade or ginger ale orange? They're both good.
    I heard if you have an upset stomach, you should eat bland foods.

I don't remember if I asked this question, but anyone have a recommendation for moisturizing hand soap?
    I was thinking about Jergens.
    On a bet, I swapped soda for water for a week in 1983 and never went back when I realized how badly it was affecting my blood sugar levels (I'm hypoglycemic). I felt like a different person when I cut it out of my life. On very rare occasion, I will drink a ginger ale (or a cream soda if I'm feeling really cheeky). The orange and lemon sound wonderful. I've had raspberry ginger ale (in the UK I think), and they have cranberry at Christmas but I haven't tried it yet. I think it would go nice with bourbon, a twist of orange, and a cinnamon stick.

I can't help with the moisturizing hand soap. I'm an scenthound, it's all about how it smells for me. It could eat the top layer of skin off my hands, but if it smells like sandalwood and spice, well.... they could do with a little chemical dermabrasion, I suppose.

On a bet, I swapped soda for water for a week in 1983 and never went back when I realized how badly it was affecting my blood sugar levels (I'm hypoglycemic). I felt like a different person when I cut it out of my life. On very rare occasion, I will drink a ginger ale (or a cream soda if I'm feeling really cheeky). The orange and lemon sound wonderful. I've had raspberry ginger ale (in the UK I think), and they have cranberry at Christmas but I haven't tried it yet. I think it would go nice with bourbon, a twist of orange, and a cinnamon stick.

I can't help with the moisturizing hand soap. I'm an scenthound, it's all about how it smells for me. It could eat the top layer of skin off my hands, but if it smells like sandalwood and spice, well.... they could do with a little chemical dermabrasion, I suppose.
    Twins! It's all about the smell for me too! And I gave up soda (for a different reason, but it was still causing issues for me) almost 5 years ago and now I think all soda is absolutely gross. Every once in a while I will grab my husband's glass by accident and take a swig and almost puke. I went from a 12 pack a day to this. I do probably drink too much ice tea though.

Curiouscat-if you're hands are REALLY dry, try putting vaseline on them. And if you are scent obsessed, the cocoa butter scented vaseline isn't bad.

Twins! It's all about the smell for me too! And I gave up soda (for a different reason, but it was still causing issues for me) almost 5 years ago and now I think all soda is absolutely gross. Every once in a while I will grab my husband's glass by accident and take a swig and almost puke. I went from a 12 pack a day to this. I do probably drink too much ice tea though.
    Again with the twinnage!

Soda is far too sweet and I don't do diet soda because I hate the taste of artificial sweeteners. Cream soda brings back wonderful memories for me, but I can't finish a can without feeling sick. I switched to unsweetened iced tea w/lots of lemon and then dropped that too. I'll drink it if it's around and I'll occasionally order it in a restaurant, but I don't make it anymore. I used to be fun - now it's strictly water, milk, and V-8 juice for me.

Again with the twinnage!

Soda is far too sweet and I don't do diet soda because I hate the taste of artificial sweeteners. Cream soda brings back wonderful memories for me, but I can't finish a can without feeling sick. I switched to unsweetened iced tea w/lots of lemon and then dropped that too. I'll drink it if it's around and I'll occasionally order it in a restaurant, but I don't make it anymore. I used to be fun - now it's strictly water, milk, and V-8 juice for me.
    I drink a lot of the Nestle Splash. It's basically flavored water (not carbonated, I can't do anything carbonated) but there's no artificial sweetener in it, and no calories. That's what I drank that helped me quit the Diet Cokes. I like V-8 too!

https://promedmail.org/

ProMed Mail here is a place to look for news on Germs that does not involve SARS-CoV-II.

I love scents, but I guess I have to stop buying Bath & Body Works soaps. They dry out my hands bad!

I drink a lot of the Nestle Splash. It's basically flavored water (not carbonated, I can't do anything carbonated) but there's no artificial sweetener in it, and no calories. That's what I drank that helped me quit the Diet Cokes. I like V-8 too!
    I have an amazing Bloody Mary recipe. Do we still have a recipe thread?

Note: Not my Bloody Mary but.... oh my...

Quote Originally Posted by JohnLanders View Post
    https://promedmail.org/

ProMed Mail here is a place to look for news on Germs that does not involve SARS-CoV-II.
    Interesting site, thanks for posting the link.

Oh Jeez.... The Plague!

Does anyone else rate public bathrooms?
    A+ = automatic everything except maybe door. Automatic sinks, automatic paper towel dispenser, you can push the door open with your foot.
    C = automatic sinks, automatic air dryer, have to open door with handle
    F = sinks have handles, automatic air dryer, handle to open door

My biggest pet peeve is people who don't wash hands after using the restroom. I freak out if the restroom has no paper towels or a way to open door without touching handle.

Does anyone else rate public bathrooms?
    A+ = automatic everything except maybe door. Automatic sinks, automatic paper towel dispenser, you can push the door open with your foot.
    C = automatic sinks, automatic air dryer, have to open door with handle
    F = sinks have handles, automatic air dryer, handle to open door

My biggest pet peeve is people who don't wash hands after using the restroom. I freak out if the restroom has no paper towels or a way to open door without touching handle.
    I had to use a public bathroom yesterday, at the doctor's office, for the first time since this pandemic began. I was worried, but it turned out to be pretty nice.

At a restaurant we used to go to, there was even automatic doors in the bathrooms. Their bathrooms were the best bathrooms I have ever been in-everything was automatic.

I am willing to forgive non-automatic faucets IF there is a paper towel dispenser where I can grab one and use it to turn off the water.

Have you tried Hint? I saw so many commercials and caved and ordered some online. So good! And there are no artificial sweeteners.

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    Have you tried Hint? I saw so many commercials and caved and ordered some online. So good! And there are no artificial sweeteners.
    No, I've see the commercials though. I am literally chugging my Nestle Splash as I write this, lol. I have been chugging it, trying to stay super hydrated with all my issues going on. I might have to look at the Hint though.

No, I've see the commercials though. I am literally chugging my Nestle Splash as I write this, lol. I have been chugging it, trying to stay super hydrated with all my issues going on. I might have to look at the Hint though.
    I recommend it, there are lots of good, different flavors. I like the cherry.

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Thread Information