Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Alejandro Ripley (9) drowned after his mother pushed him into a canal

Alejandro Ripley (9) drowned after his mother pushed him into a canal

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...rking-n1212831

A 9-year-old boy with autism, who was reported abducted from a Home Depot parking lot, was found dead Friday morning, hours after an intense search for him had been launched, authorities said.

"The Florida Amber Alert for Alejandro Ripley has been cancelled. We are very sad to report that the child was found deceased," the Florida Department of Law Enforcement announced in a statement on Friday morning.

The boy's mother, Patricia Ripley, 47, told police she and her son were followed and ambushed by two men in a vehicle who demanded drugs on Thursday night.

"The driver of the unknown vehicle attempted to side-swipe her vehicle," a police statement said. "The vehicle then blocked her in while a male passenger ambushed her, demanding drugs."

"After stating she didn't have any drugs, he then stole her cellular phone and abducted her son, fleeing southbound in the unknown vehicle," the statement said.

Shortly after midnight, authorities issued an Amber Alert and asked the public to keep an eye out for the boy ? but not to approach the abductors.

A child's body was found Friday morning about four miles from where Alejandro was reported taken, said Miami-Dade police.
    Something about this story doesn't seem right to me.

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post

Agree. So many things missing here...I heard he was found in water??

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/loc...242919026.html

Alejandro’s body was found about four miles away from where police say his mother claimed he was kidnapped. She told them she was driving west on Kendall Drive when she noticed she was being followed. Soon after, she said, the other vehicle tried to side-swipe her, forcing her car onto Southwest 158th Avenue, where it came to a stop when the other car blocked it.

She told police that a man in a mask approached her and demanded drugs. After she said she didn’t have any, she said he grabbed her cellphone then took the child out of her vehicle, got back in his vehicle and drove off. She told police there was another man in the other vehicle.

Ripley also told police there were two abductors. One, she said, was dressed in all black and had his face covered by a bandana. She claimed the man had corn rows. When he was abducted, Alejandro’s mother said, the child was wearing a blue Captain America shirt, black shorts and black Crocs.

A law enforcement source familiar with the investigation said police were interviewing Alejandro’s parents Friday afternoon and questioning the story. It’s not known where Alejandro’s father was at the time when his mother claimed her child was abducted. The source said a security camera at Home Depot in West Kendall caught Patricia Ripley sitting in her car alone for 20 minutes after the alleged abduction.

Yeah, her story is bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??

Yes, it seems off.
    They want drugs so they go to...Home Depot???

She went BACK to Home Depot after the alleged abduction?
    Total BS.
    Probably killed the kid herself.

Quote Originally Posted by Pidge View Post
    She went BACK to Home Depot after the alleged abduction?
    Total BS.
    Probably killed the kid herself.
    Sadly that is what I am thinking too.

Always got to blame African Americans. Depending on how severe his autism was, I wonder if she got frustrated and killed him? My friend is a saint. Her adopted autistic child (birth mother is niece who does drugs) is blind. He loves to scream, hit, and fling his spit. I drove cross country with him last year.
    "he had Skittles so he could have made drugs".
    Quote Originally Posted by daisylane View Post
    Yo mama such a ho, that Foursquare has made her vag a place to "check in".

Apparently, Mom broke. Apparently witnesses saw her with Alejandro at the lake. So did she bring him down there to kill him? I thought maybe he was killed at home and they threw his body in the lake. Ugh, this is breaking my heart.

[IMG][/IMG]
    You are talking to a woman who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom and chuckled at catastrophe.
    ...Collector of Chairs. Reader of Books. Hater of Nutmeg...

That didn't take long.
    I thought she might have pushed/dragged him to the lake, knowing he couldn't swim. Something like that.

Mother who reported abduction of 9-year-old son with autism now charged in his murder

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...m-now-n1213736

A Florida mother who told police that her 9-year-old son with autism was abducted from the parking lot of a Home Depot in Miami has now been charged in his murder.

Patricia Ripley was taken into custody late Friday night and charged with first-degree murder, attempted first-degree murder and premeditated murder in the death of her son, Alejandro Ripley.

Alejandro, who was nonverbal, was found dead Friday morning, hours after authorities issued an Amber Alert and launched an intensive search for him.

"We are very sad to report that the child was found deceased," the Florida Department of Law Enforcement said.

Police have obtained a video showing that Ripley pushed Alejandro into a canal around 7:30 p.m. Thursday, Miami-Dade State Attorney Katherine Fernandez Rundle said at a news conference on Saturday.

Residents heard screaming, found the child and they rescued him.

Rundle said about an hour later, Ripley went to a different canal and 'this time, unfortunately, there was no one there to save him.'

'The tragic loss of the life of a 9-year-old boy, and the loss of any young life, leaves all of us grieving," she said. "This boy's senseless death will stay with all of us.'

Ripley had told Miami-Dade police that she and her son were followed and ambushed Thursday night in a Home Depot parking lot by two men in a vehicle who demanded drugs.

"The driver of the unknown vehicle attempted to side-swipe her vehicle," police said in a statement. "The vehicle then blocked her in while a male passenger ambushed her, demanding drugs."

Ripley said she told the men she didn't have any drugs and that they then stole her cellphone and abducted Alejandro. Rundle said surveillance video from the parking lot shows Ripley sat in her car for about 15 minutes before reporting the alleged abduction.

A child's body was found about four miles from where the Alejandro was reported taken, the Miami-Dade police said.

Last edited by up2trouble; 05-23-2020 at 12:19 PM.

She was really intent on killing him.

Everything is caught on camera these days.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

She pushed him in....twice?? ��
    Bury her alive under the prison

What Pidge said. I feel sick to my stomach...
    You are talking to a woman who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom and chuckled at catastrophe.

*** VIDEO ***
    https://youtu.be/DEFwS20adPM

Video shows mom accused of killing autistic son pushing him into Miami canal

https://nypost.com/2020/05/25/video-...im-into-canal/

Newly released video appears to show the Florida woman accused of killing her son with autism pushing the boy into a canal — in what authorities say was a first, but thwarted, murder attempt.

The shocking surveillance footage, obtained and aired by Univision on Sunday, seems to show Patricia Ripley pulling 9-year-old Alejandro along the bank of a Miami canal, looking around — and then shoving him into the waters before running away.

About 20 seconds later, Ripley returns with a bystander, who jumps into the canal to rescue the boy.

Authorities said this was Ripley’s first attempt at drowning her son on Thursday evening, The Miami Herald reported Monday.

About an hour later, she allegedly led him into a different canal, where he died.

Police said Ripley, 45, initially claimed that two men side-swiped her car while she was driving with Alejandro — and that they then demanded drugs and abducted her son, who had autism and was nonverbal.

But witnesses and video footage contradicted her claims, and she later allegedly confessed to leading the boy into a canal, where he drowned, telling cops: “he’s going to be in a better place.”

Investigators believe Ripley, a married mom of two, became overwhelmed with caring for Alejandro, who had been receiving therapy at the family’s home in recent months.

She’s being held in a Miami-Dade jail on charges of first-degree murder and attempted murder.

Prior to the video’s release, relatives had stood behind Ripley, who could face the death penalty.

“We love Alejandro and we don’t agree about whatever they said about my wife,” her husband, Aldo Ripley, told reporters after a court hearing Saturday. “It’s not real.”

As a non-swimmer, I won't go around water past a certain depth unless I really trust the people around me. I can only imagine the horror this child felt. One of the two people he should be able to trust the most did this to him. I hope she rots in the deepest bowels of hell.

Chain her up, dunk her upside down in the ocean and bring her back up. Every couple of dunks leave her in the water for a little longer. After about 20 dunks, let the rope "accidentally break" ... much cheaper than prison.

I know I sound like Kevan, but I swear I'm only a little bit evilly demented and only when necessary.
    Last edited by up2trouble; 05-25-2020 at 03:53 PM.

I have no issue with that punishment. She is utterly evil. He must have been so terrified.

Quote Originally Posted by up2trouble View Post
    As a non-swimmer, I won't go around water past a certain depth unless I really trust the people around me. I can only imagine the horror this child felt. One of the two people he should be able to trust the most did this to him. I hope she rots in the deepest bowels of hell.
    I too, am a non-swimmer and I can't even think about this. It hurts my heart and my mind and my soul. I cried when I saw that video, wish I had never seen it. And to think, he was returned to her so she could finish the job; like the boy who escaped Jeffrey Dahmer and the cops gave him back. I'm gutted for this poor child, this story will haunt me forever.

Rest in peace, Alejandro.... no more fear, no more pain...

I hope I didn't sound like I was victim blaming earlier.
    This poor child didn't deserve to be killed by someone who's supposed to love and protect him.
    "he had Skittles so he could have made drugs".
    Quote Originally Posted by daisylane View Post
    Yo mama such a ho, that Foursquare has made her vag a place to "check in".

Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    I hope I didn't sound like I was victim blaming earlier.
    This poor child didn't deserve to be killed by someone who's supposed to love and protect him.
    I didn't think you were victim-blaming. Having an autistic child can be very challenging and the challenge increases with the severity of autism. You're right the child didn't deserve this. Personally, I blame her. Did she ever let the Dad know that she needed help? Did she check into available services? Did she ask for respite care to give her a break? I know he was getting therapy at home; however, it obviously wasn't enough. I'm also saving some ire for Dad. How could he not know what was happening? No matter how much he may have been working, he had to come home at some point.

We'll probably hear more stories like this due to the schools being shut down. Moms dont have a break. I have a severely autistic non verbal non toileting tube fed son. He"s 17. It's a lot. I started to watch the you tube video and realized he was barely able to walk. The kind of kid who is clumsy and falls a lot. I quit watching because it would have pissed me off too much. This mother and mothers like her should be fed to those gators. I'm pissed they let her walk away after witnesses told the police they saw her push him in the water the first time. I know you can get respite but we have never had a decent let alone good experience with them. Poor baby rest in peace. I'm sorry your Mom was selfish.

Quote Originally Posted by terps1990 View Post
    We'll probably hear more stories like this due to the schools being shut down. Moms dont have a break. I have a severely autistic non verbal non toileting tube fed son. He"s 17. It's a lot. I started to watch the you tube video and realized he was barely able to walk. The kind of kid who is clumsy and falls a lot. I quit watching because it would have pissed me off too much. This mother and mothers like her should be fed to those gators. I'm pissed they let her walk away after witnesses told the police they saw her push him in the water the first time. I know you can get respite but we have never had a decent let alone good experience with them. Poor baby rest in peace. I'm sorry your Mom was selfish.
    That must be very hard to deal with. You are a saint your son is lucky to have you.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Quote Originally Posted by terps1990 View Post
    Thank you for providing another perspective to this tragic situation. I lack patience under ideal circumstances, it must be absolutely overwhelming if you're trying to care for a severely autistic child on top of COVID19 and the schools being closed. I'm curious what kind of mother she has been in the past. Maybe they're just in denial (or downright lying), but it sounds like the rest of the family didn't believe she could have done something like this until they saw the video.

Quote Originally Posted by KimTisha View Post
    Thank you for providing another perspective to this tragic situation. I lack patience under ideal circumstances, it must be absolutely overwhelming if you're trying to care for a severely autistic child on top of COVID19 and the schools being closed. I'm curious what kind of mother she has been in the past. Maybe they're just in denial (or downright lying), but it sounds like the rest of the family didn't believe she could have done something like this until they saw the video.
    Yes. This. I mean what she did was terrible. But did she have options in the covid times? Was there respite care available? We hear about people who abandon their loved ones in an ER or wherever... I know I'm not cut out to be a fulltime solo caregiver, If I didn't have help with mom I'd run away. But. I'm not at all sure we did everyone a favor when we stopped institutionalizing handicapped kids. I know some families do OK but others are just eaten alive by the strain. That said, drowning your kid isn't the answer. Leave him at a church, hire a sitter and just run away. Make his Dad help. Something.
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

Quote Originally Posted by puzzld View Post
    Yes. This. I mean what she did was terrible. But did she have options in the covid times? Was there respite care available? We hear about people who abandon their loved ones in an ER or wherever... I know I'm not cut out to be a fulltime solo caregiver, If I didn't have help with mom I'd run away. But. I'm not at all sure we did everyone a favor when we stopped institutionalizing handicapped kids. I know some families do OK but others are just eaten alive by the strain. That said, drowning your kid isn't the answer. Leave him at a church, hire a sitter and just run away. Make his Dad help. Something.
    This. All of this.

Thread Information