Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Madison Bell (18) missing from Highland County, OH since 5/17/2020

Madison Bell (18) missing from Highland County, OH since 5/17/2020

https://www.nbc4i.com/news/state-new...ghland-county/

Madison Bell, 18, weighs between 120 and 125 pounds and is 5-feet, 6-inches tall. She has brown eyes and brown hair.

Madison may be wearing grey contact lenses and has two tattoos ? a cross tattoo on her neck and a ghost tattoo on her side.

According to The AWARE Foundation, Madison was last seen leaving her home Sunday to go tanning at the Country Corner Market, but never made it.

Her car was reportedly located in the Good Shepard Church parking lot with the window rolled down, keys in the ignition, and cell phone in the front seat.

Anyone with information on Madison?s disappearance is asked to contact the Highland County Sheriff?s Office at 937-393-1421.
    https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100009055664700

I wonder how far her car was located from her house and the place she was headed?

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??

Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    I wonder how far her car was located from her house and the place she was headed?
    According to this it was near the place she was headed.

https://abc6onyourside.com/news/loca...ng-may-17-2020

The sheriff's office said her vehicle was spotted by her mother at a church near the tanning salon on S.R. 28, just west of Greenfield.
    https://www.nbcnews.com/dateline/oth...dison-n1209536

Maddie’s boyfriend also attempted to reach her, but Melissa said he was unable to. Melissa tracked her daughter’scell phone and it pinged back and forth between the tanning salon and a church near the salon.

So Melissa and Maddie’s boyfriend drove toward the tanning salon keeping their eyes on the road and embankments, thinking she might have been in a car accident.

“Every possible scenario was playing through my head,” Melissa said. “But I never imagined this.”

When they pulled up to the Good Shepherd Church which is located on S.R. 28, just 100 yards from the tanning salon, they spotted Maddie’s car in the parking lot. It was unlocked and the keys were in the ignition. Maddie’s cell phone was on the driver’s seat.

“She would have never left her cell phone in the car,” Melissa said. “And we don’t know if she pulled into this parking lot on her own or if someone coerced her to stop. She was a very cautious girl. She wouldn’t have stopped for someone she didn’t know.”

Sheriff Barrera told Dateline they received a report from a church employee who had spotted a white car with California plates in the parking lot early that Sunday morning.

Additional witnesses also saw the car and reported seeing a male described as being in his late 20s early 30s with light hair and wearing a polo shirt. Sheriff Barrera confirmed spotting the car on security video, but authorities were not able to make out whether or not there were occupants inside. He said they are still looking for a white car with California plates.

“This is an ongoing search and investigation and we’re doing everything we can to bring Maddie home safe,” Sheriff Barrera told Dateline.

The church was next door to the Country Corner Market.

This is my own personal nightmare - having a missing child - I can't even imagine the pain.

The day before she disappeared her mother posted this thank you on FB and it really hit me in the heart:

I want to post a shout out to our family and friends who?ve sent Maddie things in the mail, or dropped off special surprises. Those who?ve sent her encouraging words, even her former teachers who?ve sent special notes of wisdom and advice, to a note that Maddie wrote to herself in 6th grade for her Senior year that her former 6th grade teacher saved and sent to her upon graduation. She?s received notes from her Kindergarten teacher up to present teachers. She even received a personalized Yeti that says ?Don?t spill your DRANK!? Lol! The story behind that is when she was approx 4 years old we took her to Myrtle Beach on vacation with family and she knocked her drink over at breakfast and suddenly in this sweet southern accent she looks up and says..? I spilt my DRANKKK?�� We all laughed so hard and talk about it still today. We appreciate all the kind gestures from everyone. She wouldn?t be who she is today without each and every one of you who played a special part in her life. Thank you ALL so much❤️
    I hope they find her soon.
    You are talking to a woman who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom and chuckled at catastrophe.
    ...Collector of Chairs. Reader of Books. Hater of Nutmeg...

I wonder what was going on with her before she disappeared?

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    I'm guessing she was supposed to graduate....no graduations are happening so people are finding other ways to give teens some sort of congrats. That is what people are doing in my area, at least.

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    I'm guessing she was supposed to graduate....no graduations are happening so people are finding other ways to give teens some sort of congrats. That is what people are doing in my area, at least.
    Yes, that's what I assumed Mom's post was about. It was just sweet things that everyone is doing for the 2020 grads. My grandson is graduating this year, and her Mom's post made me think about him and his friends and the devastating impact if any of them were to suddenly go missing. It makes my heart hurt.
    You are talking to a woman who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom and chuckled at catastrophe.

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/new...ys/5242380002/

Authorities in Highland County are now searching for a person who they said could have information about the disappearance of Madison "Maddie" Bell, an 18-year-old who went missing Sunday.

The Highland County and Ross County sheriff's offices have shared images of a white Nissan sedan and a man who they are interested in identifying, they said.

The photo of the man in question was taken at a local business near the place that Bell disappeared, said Highland County Chief Deputy Brandon Stratton.

"This guy is attached to this car, and this car is believed to have been at the location Maddie left her car at," Stratton told the Chillicothe Gazette.

The car is a white sedan with California plates. The man has brown hair, a short beard and thin mustache, and was last seen wearing a white shirt with a green check pattern.

Her Facebook has been scrubbed so I can't find the supposed messages that were posted back and forth between her and some guy but apparently, there were mentions of him visiting her or her visiting him. Don't know his name. Read about this on Reddit. Sorry, on my phone, don't have the link atm.
    So here's another theory that I was thinking about....
    What if this guy that she knows contacts her and says he's in town and she goes and meets him in the church lot, thinking it will only take a few minutes and she gets in his car to do a quick chat so she leaves her stuff in her car and he just takes off with her in the car? Maybe he was a bit obsessed with her and she didn't realize? I could be way off base here, just something I'm throwing out there.

Illinois but the Southern part, which kind of sucks
    She's been found. She ran away with her boyfriend, not the boyfriend that's lived with her since 13, but a different one. I'll find a link. https://www.facebook.com/14894312046...3645222853285/

Quote Originally Posted by Queena View Post
    She's been found. She ran away with her boyfriend, not the boyfriend that's lived with her since 13, but a different one. I'll find a link. https://www.facebook.com/14894312046...3645222853285/
    Wasn't expecting that. I am glad she is safe, but someone's got some 'splaining to do! She cost LE and the community a lot of money, for nothing. She needs to do some growing up before she 'starts a new life'.

https://fox8.com/news/ohio-high-scho...nd-found-safe/

Madison Bell, the Ohio high school senior who went missing last Sunday, has been found safe.

Highland County Sheriff Donnie Barrera reported Saturday that Bell, 18, was located and is safe.

Volunteer search parties spent multiple days looking for her and a $15,000 reward was offered for her safe return.

Investigators on Friday said they were considering all angles or her disappearance including abduction and the possibility that Bell went missing of her own free will, and may not want to be found.

Sheriff Barrera says that when Bell was found she indicated to authorities she had wanted “to start a new life.”

Bell’s parents have been notified of her safety.

Glad she is safe! I was certain that she had been kidnapped. I'm very happy to be wrong. It was a poor choice to stage something like that, but I understand. It's one of the most difficult things to face your loved ones and tell them that you've had enough and you're going away.

Wow! This is Lifetime movie material. Glad she's alive.

Grateful for a happy ending, but I'm still annoyed at her. She's 18yo, she could have taken off in her car, she could have kept her phone with her and blocked calls she doesn't want to receive, she could have left a note behind. But she staged a crime scene and intentionally made it look like she had been abducted, and law enforcement and the whole community got involved. At a minimum she needs to reimburse costs.

ETA: Some of the armchair detectives on the Sheriff's FB page are cracking me up. If I was working this case they would give me a giant migraine.
    Last edited by KimTisha; 05-23-2020 at 10:29 PM.

There's a rumour there was a note left and the mother neglected to mention it. Yikes.

Quote Originally Posted by KimTisha View Post
    Grateful for a happy ending, but I'm still annoyed at her. She's 18yo, she could have taken off in her car, she could have kept her phone with her and blocked calls she doesn't want to receive, she could have left a note behind. But she staged a crime scene and intentionally made it look like she had been abducted, and law enforcement and the whole community got involved. At a minimum she needs to reimburse costs.

ETA: Some of the armchair detectives on the Sheriff's FB page are cracking me up. If I was working this case they would give me a giant migraine.
    I would have taken the purse, for sure. A PITA to replace all ID (and traceable). Also, her car could have been stolen, wtf. Is the dude independently wealthy? I don't think so. They did not think this out.

Quote Originally Posted by Pidge View Post
    There's a rumour there was a note left and the mother neglected to mention it. Yikes.
    What?!?!? Then Mom needs to reimburse costs. I have zero patience for wasting valuable resources.

I have read that mom was pushing her to stay with the boyfriend that lived with them, and Madison didn't want to...but I don't know if that's true or just gossip. Someone needs to reimburse the costs of the investigation.

I just read in many, many comments (by different individuals) on a Daily Mail article that Madison walked in/saw her mom and live-in boyfriend having sex and that "situation" was disclosed in the note that mom hid. No idea as to the veracity of this information though.

Crazy.
    I hope that when the world comes to an end, I can breathe a sigh of relief, because there will be so much to look forward to. - Donnie Darko

Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    I just read in many, many comments (by different individuals) on a Daily Mail article that Madison walked in/saw her mom and live-in boyfriend having sex and that "situation" was disclosed in the note that mom hid. No idea as to the veracity of this information though.

Crazy.

Well alrighty then...

Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post

Crazy.
    Not buying it. What mother would be stupid enough to screw her daughter's boyfriend in the family home? WTH does she think G*d made cheap motels for?

[IMG][/IMG]
    Last edited by KimTisha; 05-25-2020 at 08:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pidge View Post
    Deleted. Hmmmm... where is Topix when you need it?

Thread Information