Thread: Meal Kits

Meal Kits

Anyone subscribe to a meal kit?
    I'm thinking of using one. My husband and I eat out too often. I looked at our bank statement for a week and we spent over $250 eating out.
    I was looking at checking out Freshly since I don't cook, but I guess I could try one that you have to cook.
    I know I could go to a store and buy ingredients, but my car's ac doesn't work and I don't want to take my two month old out. Also, some stores like Target won't do curbside pickup for frozen foods.

I was hoping someone would reply. I have never used to meal kit but I am curious.

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    I was hoping someone would reply. I have never used to meal kit but I am curious.
    I haven't tried one yet, because I keep hearing negative reviews. I did buy an oven ready meatloaf from Publix. I made it yesterday and it was pretty good. I'm probably going to try Apron (Publix meal kits) meals in the future. I don't think the meatloaf was Apron.
    A note about germs, I was terrified that I touched the raw meat (even though it comes in a container you just pop into the oven) that I sanitized my sink, the oven, and the refrigerator.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    I don't have a thousand dollars hanging around to buy a fart in a jar lol.

My mom won a raffle and me and my aunts went to a place called Dream Dinners. We had a card with ingredients on it for three meals. The meats were frozen. We got all the ingredients together and put them in baggies that we took home and froze. You are supposed to make them in 2-3 months.

The chicken cordon bleu was amazing. It was really good. The nashville hot chicken wasnt good at all. We never made the shrimp fajitas though.

It costs more for them to prepare the ingredients for you, so I would get it together for myself. I am considering buying more meals in the future.

They are perfect for 2 person meals. My son is too picky to eat them.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    My mom won a raffle and me and my aunts went to a place called Dream Dinners. We had a card with ingredients on it for three meals. The meats were frozen. We got all the ingredients together and put them in baggies that we took home and froze. You are supposed to make them in 2-3 months.

The chicken cordon bleu was amazing. It was really good. The nashville hot chicken wasnt good at all. We never made the shrimp fajitas though.

It costs more for them to prepare the ingredients for you, so I would get it together for myself. I am considering buying more meals in the future.

They are perfect for 2 person meals. My son is too picky to eat them.
    Light bulb! I think there's a place around here that makes healthy meals to go. I don't know if you've ever heard of Johnny Carino's (Italian chain). Johnny lives around here and used to own a ready to go meals place. I never got to try it before he shut it down.
    I think I need to really start with slow cooker meals and casseroles. I've never really tried to learn how to cook, because I'm afraid I'll give myself salmonella poisoning, but once my son gets older, I'm going to have to make him food.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    I don't have a thousand dollars hanging around to buy a fart in a jar lol.

Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Light bulb! I think there's a place around here that makes healthy meals to go. I don't know if you've ever heard of Johnny Carino's (Italian chain). Johnny lives around here and used to own a ready to go meals place. I never got to try it before he shut it down.
    I think I need to really start with slow cooker meals and casseroles. I've never really tried to learn how to cook, because I'm afraid I'll give myself salmonella poisoning, but once my son gets older, I'm going to have to make him food.
    How's the learning to cook going?

Most meal kits will give you a really discounted first box. I am considering trying a bunch of them, mostly to get ideas for new dishes to cook myself.

Thread Information