Thread: 22-year-old Twitter employee (Courtney Brousseau) dies after San Francisco drive-by shooting

22-year-old Twitter employee (Courtney Brousseau) dies after San Francisco drive-by shooting

https://twitter.com/cbrewsayso

https://courtneybrousseau.github.io/

https://nypost.com/2020/05/06/22-yea...isco-shooting/

A Twitter manager died this week after getting caught in the crossfire during a drive-by shooting in San Francisco.

Courtney Brousseau, 22, who works as an associate project manager for Twitter, was walking home from Dolores Park in the city's Mission District on Friday evening when two men in their 20s got out of their car and opened fire before driving off, KTVU reported.

About 50 to 60 shots were fired at the intersection of Rosa Parks Lane and Guerrero Street, local authorities told the San Francisco Chronicle.

Brousseau was critically wounded and another victim, 18, sustained non-life-threatening injuries, the paper reported.

Colleagues and friends told the paper Brousseau was on life support Sunday. He died around 7 p.m. Monday, San Francisco General Hospital spokesman Brent Andrew told the outlet.

A short time before the shooting, Brousseau went to grab some fast food and enjoyed it in the park.

'I just ate a delicious burrito in Dolores Park and for a brief moment everything felt okay,' he wrote in his last tweet.

Brousseau, a recent UC Berkeley graduate who was also a passionate transit advocate, was previously an intern for Massachusetts Sen. Elizabeth Warren, a civic digital fellow for Code.gov, a consultant for California Lt. Gov. Eleni Kounalakis and a Microsoft program manager intern, according to the report.

Friend and Twitter colleague Savannah Badalich told the Chronicle Brousseau worked on notification projects and focused on making technology more accessible and inclusive.

'He just had such fierce empathy for so many communities,' Badalich told the outlet. 'He wanted to make a difference, and he did.'

In March, he offered to lend a hand to anyone who needed it during the coronavirus outbreak.

'I spent a lot of $ on LEGO last night for my own mental health,' Brousseau tweeted. 'Now I want to help other folks who might be struggling due to COVID-19. If you know someone who needs help, an organization that is helping, or a donation you want me to match, reply w/ info. I'll donate up to $400.'

In an email to the Chronicle, a Twitter spokesperson said the social network is 'heartbroken to confirm the passing of a Twitter employee involved in a shooting last week.'

'Our thoughts are with his family, friends, and teammates at this difficult time.'

Friends and colleagues are planning multiple virtual vigils and happy hours in Brousseau's honor ' one of which Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey will attend, according to Badalich.

San Francisco police spokesman Officer Robert Rueca said no arrests have been made in connection with the shooting.

'This active and ongoing homicide investigation is looking into all aspects,' Rueca told the Chronicle, adding that authorities 'are not confirming or ruling anything out.'

Last edited by up2trouble; 05-14-2020 at 08:22 AM.

50 to 60 shots? What kind of gun shoots that many bullets? Or were there multiple shooters?

This is so senseless.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

His last tweet

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pidge View Post
    His last tweet
    Yeah. That got me too
    Quote Originally Posted by Miller22 View Post
    I thought the exact same thing. Poor Brennen Tammons.
    Oh well, back to gum.
    ....or exchanging Puke's wang for spicy nuts.
    Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post
    I know, right? What the fuck, puke? Willing to take in Boston, an Irish dude and like, 17 dogs but not Ron? poor Ron.

This case will never be solved. Rest in peace, Courtney...
    You are talking to a woman who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom and chuckled at catastrophe.
    ...Collector of Chairs. Reader of Books. Hater of Nutmeg...

Thread Information