Thread: UK transit worker (Belly Mujinga, 47) dies of coronavirus after sick traveler spat at her

UK transit worker (Belly Mujinga, 47) dies of coronavirus after sick traveler spat at her

https://nypost.com/2020/05/12/transi...r-spat-at-her/

A British train station worker died of coronavirus two weeks after a sick traveler spat at her, her union revealed Tuesday.

Belly Mujinga, 47, was attacked while working in London's Victoria Station on March 22 by a man who coughed over her and a colleague, the UK transport union TSSA said in a statement.

'The man said he had the virus and spat on them,' her husband, Lusamba Gode Katalay, told ITV.

Within days, both women fell ill with COVID-19 ' and Mujinga died in Barnet Hospital on April 5, exactly two weeks after the attack, TSSA said.

Mujinga ' the mother of an 11-year-old girl ' had underlying respiratory problems, her husband said. She fell ill within a week of being spat at, and was taken to the London hospital on April 2, he told ITV.

'That was the last time I saw her. We just said, 'Be good,' and that God is in charge,' he said.

'We did a WhatsApp video in hospital, but then I didn't hear from her again. I thought she might be asleep, but the doctor phoned me to tell me she had died,' he told the broadcaster.

Just eight other people were allowed to join him and his daughter at his wife's funeral because of the pandemic, he said.

'She was a good person, a good mother, and a good wife,' Katalay said of his wife, who was originally from the Democratic Republic of Congo and moved to the UK in 2000. 'She gave her friendship to many people. She was a caring person and would take care of everybody.'

TSSA's general secretary, Manuel Cortes, said the union was 'shocked and devastated' at the death.

http://mydeathspace.com/article/2020...transit_worker
    Last edited by raisedbywolves; 05-16-2020 at 10:04 AM.

I hope they charge the asshole with murder.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    I don't have a thousand dollars hanging around to buy a fart in a jar lol.

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/05/14/u...intl-gbr-scli/

Police are examining CCTV footage after a British transport worker died with coronavirus 14 days after being allegedly spat on in a busy London station.

Belly Mujinga, a 47-year-old railway ticket office worker, was working for Govia Thameslink Railway (GTR) on the station concourse of London's busy Victoria station at the time of the incident on March 22.

She and a colleague were allegedly assaulted by a man who spat at them and coughed on them, claiming he had the coronavirus, Mujinga's union, the Transport Salaried Staffs Association (TSSA), said in a statement on Tuesday.

The union said Mujinga had no personal protective equipment and had "begged to be let to work from inside the building" rather than outside on the concourse.

Both staff members fell ill within days, TSSA said, and Mujinga, who had an underlying respiratory illness, was taken to Barnet Hospital, north London, in an ambulance and put on a ventilator 11 days after the alleged assault.

She died on April 5, leaving behind a husband and an 11-year-old daughter.

GTR confirmed to CNN that it had passed CCTV of the incident to the British Transport Police (BTP), which is assessing the footage as part of its investigation.

Why would someone do this? This makes me so mad. I'm sure she's not his only victim. I hope they track him down.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Thread Information