Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Suzanne Morphew's (49) remains found 3 years after she went missing

Suzanne Morphew's (49) remains found 3 years after she went missing

https://www.thedenverchannel.com/new...-for-bike-ride

The Chaffee County Communications Center received a report on Sunday at 5:46 p.m. regarding a missing woman in the area of County Road 225 and West Highway 50.

The Chaffee County Sheriff?s Office responded to the area and talked with the person who had reported the woman missing. The person said a neighbor, Suzanne Morphew, 49, from the Maysville area, had gone for a bike ride in the area and hadn?t returned, according to the sheriff?s office. Maysville is about 3.2 miles east of County Road 225 along West Highway 50.

Last edited by raisedbywolves; 11-11-2022 at 03:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    Wow that's a very generous family friend.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

https://www.facebook.com/findsuzannemorphew/

https://heavy.com/news/2020/05/suzanne-morphew/

Her nephew, Trevor Noel, says Morphew’s bike was found but details about the condition of the bike have not been shared.
    Don't think is going to end well.

I wonder if it was a hit and run.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Last edited by raisedbywolves; 11-11-2022 at 03:04 PM.

Morphew, 49, has not been seen since she set out on a bike ride from her home in Maysville on Sunday afternoon. Her neighbor reported her missing just hours later and search efforts began 'immediately'.
    That's a very attentive neighbor.
    I can be your *ADDICTION* if you wanna get hooked on something!!

Quote Originally Posted by nclexusgirl View Post
    That's a very attentive neighbor.
    You know, I thought the same thing when I posted that yesterday. Wonder if that's the same person that has put up the reward?

Illinois but the Southern part, which kind of sucks
    I came to post that it's very strange that the neighbor noticed before that she is missing before the family.

And it's a bit unusual that a neighbour could get a neighbour reported missing so soon and be taken seriously.

Just want to join the chorus of folks who think it's unusual that the neighbor would report her missing after a few hours and be taken seriously. Maybe they made plans and she didn't show up or something.
    You are talking to a woman who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom and chuckled at catastrophe.
    ...Collector of Chairs. Reader of Books. Hater of Nutmeg...

It's possible she saw the neighbor on the way out and mentioned she would be back in an hour or so....neighbor could've been worried when she didn't return. I am not close to my neighbors, but I know my dad's neighbors (the house I grew up in and am still close to them myself) are all very close and I could see one of them reporting my dad missing if this happened. Though, they would probably contact me first.

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    It's possible she saw the neighbor on the way out and mentioned she would be back in an hour or so....neighbor could've been worried when she didn't return. I am not close to my neighbors, but I know my dad's neighbors (the house I grew up in and am still close to them myself) are all very close and I could see one of them reporting my dad missing if this happened. Though, they would probably contact me first.
    She had to have had plans with the neighbor and never showed up. Look at this overhead of the community, large houses on lots set in the woods - no way a neighbor would notice another neighbor missing - you can't even see from one house to another. From the builder's sale site: Lots range in size from 5.85 acres to 12.7 acres. The homesites have a nice mix of Aspens and Evergreens, so fall colors are impressive! Private roads lead to private and secluded building sites.

ETA: X marks the spot they found some of her personal effects. Somebody said hit and run, I think that's a real possibility. But after they hit her they took her with them.

[IMG][/IMG]
    You are talking to a woman who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom and chuckled at catastrophe.

There's a theory that a family member phoned the neighbour and asked them to check on her.

Quote Originally Posted by Pidge View Post
    There's a theory that a family member phoned the neighbour and asked them to check on her.
    I was wondering why they were looking for video from the 8th to the 12th... are they sure she really went missing on the 10th.

Come on gang, we got a mystery to solve!
    I can be your *ADDICTION* if you wanna get hooked on something!!

I'm still eyeing the husband , out of town or not

I'm still eyeing the husband, out of town or not.

This has to be what happened. In a house that big, on a lot that big, neighbors aren't looking out the front window at people cycling by. Betcha it was her husband who asked neighbors to check on her.

Quote Originally Posted by nclexusgirl View Post
    I was wondering why they were looking for video from the 8th to the 12th... are they sure she really went missing on the 10th.
    Nope, I don't think they are sure. This might mean the last time anyone can independently corroborate that she was alive was on the 8th. That might have been her husband when he left for Denver, or it could have been from a phone call to her mother, store video, etc. When did the husband leave for Denver, anyone know?

I'm still eyeing the husband , out of town or not

Why can't I find this video? I can't explain why this statement disturbs me, I need to see it instead of read it.

In a Facebook video released on Sunday, Morphew says, ?Oh Suzanne, if anyone is out there and can hear this, that has you, please, we?ll do whatever it takes to bring you back. We love you, we miss you, your girls need you. No questions asked, however much they want ? I will do whatever it takes to get you back. Honey, I love you, I want you back so bad.?
    Suzanne's FB: https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1141246651

Barry Morphew FB: https://www.facebook.com/barry.morphew.3

Profile pic:

Drama back in Indiana. This guy claims to have had run-ins with Barry Morphew on a contract job. He elaborates in the comments, but it doesn't sound nearly as dramatic as he makes it seem in his original post. Morphew was pissed and threw tools around (meh, it happens). Schmitz calls him a "bully." I dunno, adult guys calling other guys a bully always gives me pause. Apparently Schmitz (who is running for public office) did press charges but this response indicates he was the one charged with disorderly conduct:

Everyone: as a close friend of Suzanne's, I beg you to copy/paste this poster to all of your social media and ask your friends to do the same. And continue following and posting the updates. I'm glad to see that Suzanne's story is being shared from Mr. Schmitz's post, but his agenda to gain a following from her suffering and to use a meaningful and powerful platform to instill doubt and misinformation should be alarming to those of you seeking to put him in public office, representing your best interests. He has utterly failed the Morphews by his claim to 'out' Barry during a time such as this. The State of IN charged Mr. Schmitz with disorderly conduct and he's already had his day in court, where he was able to air his grievances and defend his actions. Mr. Schmitz - the State didn't determine that you were a victim; and now is certainly not the time for you to do so when SO much is on the line for this family.
    [IMG][/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by KimTisha View Post

Why can't I find this video? I can't explain why this statement disturbs me, I need to see it instead of read it.
    It's here:https://www.facebook.com/findsuzanne...2683737471669/ I tried, but I can't get it to embed.

Thanks, RBW.

Experts would probably say his body language doesn't match the words coming out of his mouth. He shakes his head 'no' while professing his love and saying they need her back. He looks down and away when he says "I will do whatever it takes...." However, this is totally how I talk and act when I'm overwhelmed by events. I shake my head 'no' almost as a visual display of my loss for words, and my eyes search around, as if trying to grasp a coherent thought from the air around me (if that makes sense). He's a little more cool and calm than I would expect him to be, but he's a firefighter, they tend to stay cool under pressure; and of course, every one is different, and nobody prepares you for this, so HTF are you supposed to act, right?!

From all appearances, they had a solid marriage - at least their friends and family thought so on FB. That doesn't mean anything, of course, but they remind me of a lot of people I know, and I would be genuinely shocked if any of them were suspected of disappearing their wife. Statistically, he's the most likely suspect; and we've all been around here long enough to raise a collective eyebrow at a husband who is conveniently out of town when his wife disappears - it has happened once or twice before. But I'm not ready to go there, I have too many unanswered questions. This could just as easily be a hit-and-run, a kidnapping/human trafficking event, a totally random stranger-on-stranger crime, or even some kind of fraud/hoax. I really don't know what to think of this; they have only lived in the neighborhood a very short time so I doubt it's some 'neighbor' thing.

So many questions. Why did the neighbor report her missing? What/who raised the flag and why? Who found her bike and when? What condition was it in? Is the bike the "personal items" mentioned in the article? If not, what were they? Who was the last person to speak to her? When did her husband leave for Denver?

I hope they find her soon.

She has been entered into NAMUS:
    https://www.namus.gov/MissingPersons/Case#/69682

When this case first started I assumed it was something like an accident and they would find her (alive or not) in a few days. Now I am beginning to think it's more nefarious than that.

I can't believe they've found her bike and a "small personal item" and that's pretty much the extent of this case after two + months.

https://people.com/crime/colorado-mo...e-good-family/

Friends Say Missing Colo. Mom Suzanne Morphew and Husband Barry Seemed Like ‘Good, Model Family’

Other than Barry, who was the last person to speak to Suzanne or see her alive? Has she been seen or heard from by anyone since her husband left for Denver?

Other than Barry, who was the last person to speak to Suzanne or see her alive? Has she been seen or heard from by anyone since her husband left for Denver?
    I thought the neighbor saw her leave on the bike ride, but I might be wrong...it's been awhile and I would have to go back and look.

I thought the neighbor saw her leave on the bike ride, but I might be wrong...it's been awhile and I would have to go back and look.
    I don't think so. Barry called a neighbor and asked them to check on Suzanne IIRC. I don't think anyone has seen or spoken to her since he left for Denver. I could be wrong.

I don't think so. Barry called a neighbor and asked them to check on Suzanne IIRC. I don't think anyone has seen or spoken to her since he left for Denver. I could be wrong.
    See, it's been awhile. I knew a neighbor was somehow involved. Sadly many of these cases start running together after awhile.

Thread Information