Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Breonna Taylor (26) was shot and killed by police when they executed a "no-knock" search warrant on the wrong house

I've seen the videos of cars being surrounded by an angry mob. I'm afraid I'd plow right through them too. You're not going to drag me out of the car and beat me to death because I made the mistake of turning down that street.
    You are talking to a woman who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom and chuckled at catastrophe.
    ...Collector of Chairs. Reader of Books. Hater of Nutmeg...

I want to know how you can be hit by a truck but only have minor injuries. The truck must have been going 2 miles an hour.

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KimTisha View Post
    I've seen the videos of cars being surrounded by an angry mob. I'm afraid I'd plow right through them too. You're not going to drag me out of the car and beat me to death because I made the mistake of turning down that street.
    Yeahhhhh..... But why do these people drive right towards the protests? If I see a protest happening, I go the other way. I don't insist on still driving through it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

Bunch of fucking liars. This is outrageous!

https://www.npr.org/2020/11/17/93572...taylor-protest

Criminal charges for Kentucky state Rep. Attica Scott and more than a dozen others have been dropped. Scott was part of a group arrested in September during a demonstration against the grand jury decision not to directly charge Louisville police officers over the fatal shooting of Breonna Taylor.

Scott, who is the only Black woman serving in the Kentucky legislature and whose district includes part of Louisville, announced on Twitter that the charges had been dismissed.

"ALL CHARGES HAVE JUST BEEN DROPPED! Thank you to all of our justice seekers, people who called, emailed and tagged the County Attorney on social media. You got it done! Our work continues as we seek justice for Breonna Taylor," Scott said on Monday.

Scott was arrested in September and faced a charge of first-degree rioting, which is a felony. She was also facing misdemeanor charges of failure to disperse and unlawful assembly.

The most serious charges stemmed from damage to the city's main branch of the Louisville Free Public Library on Sept 24.

As NPR member station WFPL reported, Scott was arrested in connection with attempted arson, but the lawmaker's own livestream indicated she was not involved in the arson attempt.

According to a statement from Jefferson County Attorney Mike O'Connell's office, the felony charges against Scott and 17 others were dropped last month. But O'Connell's office "requested additional time to review misdemeanor charges."

On Monday, a judge dismissed charges for all but one of the group. In that case, a motion to dismiss will be considered next week, according to the statement.

"Prosecutors have a higher duty than other lawyers to be ministers of justice and not just an advocate. This means we must always seek the truth and act upon it, rather than seek a victory in court. Our independent review of these cases demonstrates this responsibility," Josh Abner, a spokesperson for Jefferson County Attorney's office, said in a statement.

"Today's decision is not what justice for Breonna Taylor looks like," Scott said Monday in front of the Jefferson County Courthouse, WFPL reported.

"We are still fighting for justice for Breonna Taylor, but we are grateful these bogus misdemeanor charges were dropped," she added.

Scott, her daughter and others were arrested as they were attempting to enter a church shortly before Louisville's citywide 9 p.m. curfew was about to go into effect. The church was "providing refuge to protesters after curfew," according to The Associated Press.

Philadelphia Police Release 'Traumatic' Bodycam Video Of Walter Wallace Jr. Shooting
    AMERICA RECKONS WITH RACIAL INJUSTICE
    Philadelphia Police Release 'Traumatic' Bodycam Video Of Walter Wallace Jr. Shooting
    The day before the arrests, a Kentucky grand jury announced that none of the three officers involved in the shooting of Taylor, a Black woman killed in her home, would be directly charged with her death.

One of the officers faces three counts of wonton endangerment for firing into an apartment belonging to a neighbor of Taylor's. Two other officers, including the one who FBI investigators said fired the fatal shot, have not been charged.

Taylor was killed in her apartment during a botched narcotics raid in March. Her death, along with others including George Floyd, Rayshard Brooks and Walter Wallace Jr., have become rallying cries during national protests demanding justice for Black Americans killed by police this year.

https://www.courier-journal.com/stor...ot/6359459002/

Adrian O. Walker, (28) a person of interest in the Breonna Taylor death has been killed

One of Louisville's latest homicide victims is a man connected to the Breonna Taylor case who was shot and killed Thursday afternoon in west Louisville.

Adrian O. Walker, 28, one of the main suspects in the narcotics investigation that led police to Taylor's door March 13, was found dead after noon in the 2300 block of Magazine Street.

Walker has not been identified by the Jefferson County Coroner's Office, but two sources with knowledge of the case confirmed his identity to The Courier Journal.

Walker's attorney, Keith Kamenish, also confirmed Thursday he had received information that Walker had been fatally shot.

Officers with Louisville's First Division found Walker's body after police received a call about a shooting shortly after 12:30 p.m. in the 2300 block of Magazine Street.

Police have no suspects in his death.

Walker and several co-defendants were facing criminal charges connected to alleged drug activity in the Elliott Avenue area ? just a couple of blocks away from Thursday's fatal shooting.

Police obtained search warrants March 12 for the Elliott Avenue homes, as well as Taylor's apartment. Police believed Taylor ex-boyfriend, Jamarcus Glover, another suspect in the narcotics investigation, was storing cash and receiving packages at her home.

When officers broke in the door to serve the search warrant at Taylor's South End apartment shortly before 1 a.m. March 13, her boyfriend, Kenneth Walker (who isn't related to Adrian Walker), fired a shot that police said hit Sgt. Jonathan Mattingly in the thigh.

Three officers, including Mattingly, fired 32 shots in response, hitting Taylor six times and killing her. She wasn't armed.

Kenneth Walker said he didn't know police were at the door.

Adrian Walker entered a not guilty plea in late July to charges of engaging in a criminal syndicate, along with drug and gun charges, in connection with the narcotics investigation that included March 13 raids on Elliott Avenue.

He was one of the three people listed on the search warrant for Taylor's home. The search warrant, which has been called into question in recent months, identified Walker as an acquaintance of Glover.

Earlier:Breonna Taylor had nothing to do with drug trade, ex-boyfriend says

Dee Glover, whose brother is Jamarcus Glover, said he'd talked to Walker on Wednesday, then got a text message the next day saying Walker was dead.

He said Walker had talked about going back to school to get an associate's degree from Jefferson Community & Technical College.

"If I know my brother, Jamarcus is shocked and upset and extremely devastated," Dee Glover said. "And I use that word on purpose. Devastated.

"He was already still hurting from Breonna Taylor's death. We talk about it every single time on the phone. It's 'Breonna, Breonna, Breonna.'"

Jamarcus Glover previously told The Courier Journal she was not involved in any drug activity.

Police wrote in an investigative report from May they believed Glover and Walker were the "sources of narcotics" for the "trap house" at 2424 Elliott Ave.

Walker had been arrested after search warrants were executed in December at 2424 and 2426 Elliott Ave., along with 2605 W. Muhammad Ali Boulevard.

Those arrests of Walker and Glover contributed to LMPD's Place-Based Investigations Squad investigating a drug cell on Elliott Avenue, detectives have said.

https://abc7news.com/breonna-taylor-...lized/9121297/

OAKLAND, Calif. (KGO) -- Police are investigating after a bust of Breonna Taylor installed earlier this month in downtown Oakland was vandalized.

The ceramic bust is displayed in downtown Oakland with the phrase "Say Her Name Breonna Taylor."

RELATED: Hundreds turn out for Breonna Taylor protests, rallies throughout the Bay Area

Police say a report was filed and they are now investigating the vandalism.

The artist, Leo Carson, said he intends to repair the sculpture as soon as possible.

In an interview with ABC7, Carson said the vandalism felt like an attack on Taylor and the Black Lives Matter movement.

"At first I was stunned and shocked and hurt and angry," Carson said. "Just a whole flood of emotions. It felt like I was personally attacked and also they attacked Breonna Taylor and the BLM movement."

Carson, who lost his job as a server during the pandemic spent months participating in protests supporting the Black Lives Matter movement. And felt compelled to do more after Taylor's death at the hands of White police officers in Louisville.

"I was able to take that time and practice and training I have as an artist and put that into service of something much bigger than myself that's happening," Carson added.

RELATED: Tiana Day, teen who led Golden Gate Bridge Black Lives Matter protest, shares how life has changed

Video shows the bust broken in several places.

Carson said he intends to repair the sculpture and cast it in bronze.

Carson has set up a GoFundMe page to help pay the cost of the repair.

VIDEO: How to explain structural, institutional, systemic racism

What is structural? What is institutional racism? What is systemic racism? We explain the definition and also look into examples that impact people of color including African Americans.

Taylor, a 26-year-old emergency room technician, was shot by police when officers entered her Louisville home in March.

Her death sparked anger and nationwide demonstrations.

Representatives from Cotchett, Pitre and McCarthy Law Firm heard what happened and told ABC7 News that they plan on donating $5,000 to cover the cost of having the culture cast in bronze.

https://www.8newsnow.com/news/nation...-taunt-police/

FRANKFORT, Ky (AP) — It could become a crime to taunt a police officer in Kentucky, under a bill that passed the state Senate on Thursday.

The measure was filed months after Louisville, the state’s largest city, became the site of huge protests in the wake of the police killing of Breonna Taylor. The bill passed the Republican-dominated Senate 22-11 and now awaits House input.

Under the legislation, anyone who “accosts, insults, taunts, or challenges a law enforcement officer with offensive or derisive words, or by gestures or other physical contact, that would have a direct tendency to provoke a violent response” would be guilty of a misdemeanor and face up to 90 days in jail and fines.

The proposal also increases penalties for rioting. For instance, those charged with rioting would be required to be held for a minimum of 48 hours. Another provision would criminalize aiming “a light, a laser pointer, an activated horn or other noise-making device towards the head” of a first responder.

Several Republican senators who voted against the bill shared concerns that some parts of it would violate First Amendment rights and strain the judicial system. Nevertheless, they signaled support for the bill if some parts of it were amended in the House.

State Sen. Danny Carroll, a Republican who sponsored the bill, said he filed the proposal in response to last summer’s Louisville protests against police brutality and racial injustice. Demonstrations — some of which turned violent — were a frequent occurrence, as protesters called for charges to be brought against the officers involved in Taylor’s death. Many gathered peacefully in Jefferson Square Park in downtown Louisville for weeks. Dubbed “Injustice Square” by protesters, it became an impromptu hub during months of demonstrations.

Taylor, a Black woman, was shot in her Louisville home multiple times by police during a botched drug raid. A grand jury indicted one officer on wanton endangerment charges in September for shooting into a neighbor’s apartment, but no officers were charged in connection with her death.

Police had a no-knock warrant but said they knocked and announced their presence before entering Taylor’s apartment, a claim some witnesses have disputed. No drugs were found in Taylor’s apartment.

Republicans hold supermajorities in both the House and Senate.

Democratic lawmakers warned that the proposal could be used to unfairly target peaceful protesters. State Sen. Gerald Neal, a Democrat who represents Louisville, called the legislation “unnecessary” and “unreasonable.”

“This is a hammer on my district,” Neil said. “I personally resent it. This is beneath this body.”

___

Hudspeth Blackburn is a corps member for the Associated Press/Report for America Statehouse News Initiative. Report for America is a nonprofit national service program that places journalists in local newsrooms to report on undercovered issues.
    Hell No!!!

https://www.wave3.com/2021/04/26/us-...ion-into-lmpd/

The Louisville Police will get a DOJ investigation. This comes one week after the DOJ announced an investigation on the Minneapolis Police as a result of George Floyd's Death and the Derek Chauvin Verdicts.

LOUISVILLE, Ky. (WAVE) - Three days after he announced an investigation into the Minneapolis Police Department, U.S. Attorney General Merrick Garland announced a similar probe of the Louisville Metro Police Department.

Garland announced Monday afternoon that his office plans to investigate Louisville’s Metro Government, as well as LMPD.

“The investigation will assess whether LMPD engages in a pattern or practice of using unreasonable force ... (or) whether LMPD engages in discriminatory conduct on basis of race,” Garland said.

Already under local scrutiny for the Explorer Program sex abuse scandal, the department was thrust into the national spotlight following the botched raid at Breonna Taylor’s apartment last year.

Three LMPD officers fired their guns during the midnight raid that left the 26-year-old Taylor bleeding to death on the floor of her hallway.

One officer was terminated and has been charged with wanton endangerment for firing into a neighboring apartment, but none of the officers was charged directly for Taylor’s death.

And just this month, LMPD found itself in defense mode once again after cellphone video surfaced that showed six police officers taking a suspect into custody. A struggle eventually ensued, and after the officers took the handcuffed man to the ground, one of them was seen on the video punching him in the side of the face.

Garland said the investigation also will “include a comprehensive review” of the department’s policies and training.

“We will follow the facts and the law wherever they lead,” he said.

Louisville Mayor Greg Fischer called a news conference shortly after Garland’s announcement. He and LMPD Chief Erika Shields, as well as Metro Council President David James and Jefferson County Mike O’Connell, all sounded upbeat about what the investigation could yield.

“As someone who truly believes in police reform and doing things differently, I think it’s a good thing,” Shields said. “Police reform, quite honestly, is needed in near every agency across the country. If (we) are going to be one of the flagship departments for change, then bring it on. We’re going to deliver.”

Garland said that if violations are found, “the Justice Department will aim to work with the city and the police department to arrive at a set of mutually agreeable steps that they can take” to prevent further violations.

“The investigators will seek input from every corner of Louisville,” he said. “They will work with the community, with public officials and with law enforcement officers.”

James said he thinks both officers and citizens want LMPD to be the best police department in America.

“But I think there has to be some cultural change to take place in order for that to happen,” he said. “Having the federal government come and look at what we have going well and what we don’t have going so well is very important.”

The city already has made some police reforms, including the discontinuation of no-knock warrants, as well as a new requirement that all officers be outfitted with body cameras, among others. The city also reached a $12 million settlement with Taylor’s family last year.

“We commend those measures,” Garland said.

Added Fischer: “I appreciate that the attorney general mentioned the reform steps that we have already taken here in Louisville. We know we have much more work to do.”

Fischer also said similar federal reviews in Chicago and Baltimore took about 13 months to complete, but he intimated that it might not take as long since Louisville is a smaller city that boasts a smaller police department.

Garland’s team is expected to review five years’ worth of policing in Louisville.

Fundraising for his retirement? Don't they already get a pension? What a slap in the face to Breonna's family. "Trauma of what happened that day to HIM". Fuck. You.

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    He probably lost it when he got terminated. Just another reason why these assholes need to stop killing innocent people. If you don't want to lose your retirement, then do your job correctly and stop being total dickwads!
    I honestly don't think he did. Even the cops that killed Kelly Thomas kept their pensions. These assholes are fully covered by the Union and it's sickening.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    I honestly don't think he did. Even the cops that killed Kelly Thomas kept their pensions. These assholes are fully covered by the Union and it's sickening.
    It can be a negotiated thing... I'll resign quietly and you let me keep my pension, or I'll make you fire me for cause and you strip my pension. Or, the pension can be vested to the point that you can only freeze it while I'm in jail... https://felonyfriendlyjobs.org/do-fe...s%20membership.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

It's about time!

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

YES.

It's about time!
    It is. This is a win for democracy.

Thread Information