Thread: Ink Master star Daniel Silva charged with murder after crash kills YouTuber (Corey La Barrie, 25)

Ink Master star Daniel Silva charged with murder after crash kills YouTuber (Corey La Barrie, 25)

https://twitter.com/coreylabarrie

https://www.youtube.com/user/coreylabarrie

https://www.instagram.com/coreylabarrie/

https://www.facebook.com/corey.labarrie.92

https://www.facebook.com/dsilvatattoos/

https://www.instagram.com/danielsilva/

https://twitter.com/dsilvatattoos

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-H...vGdqQ/featured

'Ink Master' star Daniel Silva was reportedly arrested and charged with murder on Monday after allegedly crashing a car in Los Angeles that resulted in the death of YouTube comedian Corey La Barrie.

Silva ' who is still in a hospital ' was driving a McLaren sports car on Sunday night with La Barrie in the passenger seat when he hit a street sign and a tree, law enforcement sources told TMZ.

La Barrie, 25, took the brunt of the wreck and was pronounced dead at the hospital, the site reported.

Sources told TMZ that the pair had been at a party earlier in the evening for La Barrie's birthday, and that Silva had been seen drinking.

Silva worked his way out of homelessness at the age of 19 by learning to tattoo and, with just three years' professional experience, landed a slot on the 10th season of 'Ink Masters.'

He won an episode of the show's spinoff, 'Ink Master: Angels.'

Earlier Monday, La Barrie's mother Lisa Harrison mourned the loss of her son in an Instagram post.

'My heart breaks right now, on my son's 25th birthday ' he was very drunk and got into a car with a drunk driver. No words can describe the sadness I feel in [losing] a child. It just feels so unreal and I'm overwhelmed with grief.

'I love you so much Corey and will miss you so so much. It's just so unfair.'

La Barrie, an Australian native, moved to Los Angeles and attracted hundreds of thousands of followers across various social media accounts for his comedy routines.

He was a contestant on the YouTube series, 'The Reality House.'

Daniel, Correy

http://mydeathspace.com/article/2020...La_Barrie_(25)
    Last edited by raisedbywolves; 05-16-2020 at 10:38 AM.

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by up2trouble View Post
    Dayum! Thank you for finding this photo. I actually watch Youtubers, but had never heard of this guy. I have heard of some of his friends though. I was trying to find a picture of the car, but never found one. It's really messed up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

I know rescue workers tend to the most critical patients first so I'm hoping my eyes are playing tricks on me, but is La Barrie still in the car in that pic?
    I can be your *ADDICTION* if you wanna get hooked on something!!

Quote Originally Posted by nclexusgirl View Post
    I know rescue workers tend to the most critical patients first so I'm hoping my eyes are playing tricks on me, but is La Barrie still in the car in that pic?
    It might (hopefully) be the air bag.

Quote Originally Posted by up2trouble View Post
    It might (hopefully) be the air bag.
    Hopefully. The other pics on TMZ has a pic from the side and it looked like the airbag was more long ways (front to back). This pic looks like an airbag and the side of a head (ear, chin, hair). If the article is correct, I doubt he is still in the car since they say he died at the hospital... but his mom is saying he died on impact.

COREY LA BARRIE PARENTS SUE DANIEL SILVA ... Claim Wrongful Death

https://www.tmz.com/2020/05/23/corey...l-death-crash/

Corey La Barrie's parents claim "Ink Master" star Daniel Silva is responsible for the wrongful death of their son -- and they want him to pay up in court.

The YouTuber's parents, Simon La Barrie and Lissa Burton, filed suit against the tattoo artist ... alleging he and his company, Daniel Silva Tattoos, were negligent in the hours and moments leading up to Corey's untimely demise earlier this month, on his birthday no less.

In the docs, obtained by TMZ, Corey's parents allege that Daniel was driving at an unsafe and unreasonable speed when he was in the car with Corey, which they say means he was operating the vehicle without due care and in violation of California law.

Not only that, but they go on to allege he was under the influence at the time of the accident -- which ultimately killed Corey -- and they even go so far as to say that his own company provided the intoxicants, which the La Barries say was alcohol and/or other unknown substances. Then the nail in the coffin ... they say Daniel had been popped before for driving under the influence, so he should've known the dangers of doing so.

As we reported ... Daniel has been charged with murder in connection to Corey's death. Now, he's got a civil suit to deal with too.

Corey's parents say that, with the loss of their son, they're going to be missing out on a whole lot of emotional comfort he did and would've provided them for years to come -- not to mention the burial expenses they've incurred and other costs.

For that, they want a judge to grant them damages. We've reached out to Daniel's attorney for comment ... so far, no word back.

COREY LA BARRIE
    May 10, 1995 - May 10, 2020
    (25 years )
    Case Number
    2020-04122
    Case Status
    CLOSED
    Body Status
    RELEASED
    Ethnicity
    CAUCASIAN
    Place of Death
    HOSPITAL
    Manner
    ACCIDENT
    Investigator
    FALLOT
    Deputy Medical Examiner
    DR. PALMER
    Cause A
    MULTIPLE BLUNT FORCE INJURIES
    Cause B
    N/A
    Cause C
    N/A
    Cause D
    N/A
    https://mec.lacounty.gov/case-detail...ber=2020-04122

DANIEL SILVA COPS PLEA DEAL In Corey La Barrie's Death Case

https://www.tmz.com/2020/07/15/ink-m...ie-death-case/

"Ink Master" star Daniel Silva has just copped a plea deal in his criminal case involving the death of his friend ... YouTube star Corey La Barrie.

Daniel pled no contest to vehicular manslaughter with gross negligence. The L.A. County D.A.'s Office tells us, as part of the plea deal, prosecutors agreed to drop the 2nd-degree murder charge. He'll be sentenced next month. As we reported ... Daniel's attorney was confident he would beat the murder charge following the fatal crash of a McLaren sports car back in May.

We broke the story ... Daniel was arrested and charged with 2nd-degree murder after Corey died from injuries in a car wreck just hours after they left Corey's 25th birthday party. Corey was a passenger in the car. We were told Daniel was seen drinking before getting behind the wheel of the car.

Our law enforcement sources told us Daniel allegedly tried to flee after the accident but was stopped by witnesses. Corey's cause of death was listed as multiple blunt force injuries.

Daniel's attorney, Mike Cavalluzzi, told us at the time of Daniel's arrest ... "This is a horrible tragedy and our hearts go out to Corey's family and friends. We are reviewing all of the evidence and will reserve comment for a later time. For now, it is most important that everyone involved is given time and space to grieve."

I'm confused. His attorney said that he was confident that he would beat the murder charge. So was he not tested at the scene by LE? The reason he got the murder charge was because of his previous DUI. If you're charged with a DUI in California you are expected to know the dangers and they explain if you go on to kill someone in the future because of driving drunk that you'll be charged with murder. Not Vehicular Homicide. So if he tested over the limit (even under but determined to be affected) he would have definitely not beaten the murder charge. He was smart to take the plea.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime...id=mailsignout

E! News confirms the Ink Master star, who was accused of causing the May 2020 car crash that killed YouTuber Corey La Barrie, has been sentenced to 364 days in county jail. A judge credited Silva 216 days for time already served.

Additionally, the former tattoo artist was ordered to complete five years of probation and 250 hours of community service. Silva was also given a four-year suspended prison term, a sentence that a convicted individual is not required to serve on the condition that their probationary period is completed without issue.

Attorney Mike Cavalluzzi tells E! News in a statement, "We are so grateful that Daniel has been granted the opportunity of probation in this case and has been spared a state prison sentence. He continues to be remorseful and grief stricken by Corey's loss. As we have said from the beginning, our hearts are with Corey's family. While we are pleased with the Court's sentence, this is no time to celebrate. A bright light has been lost in Corey, and Daniel will always strive to live up to his dear friend's memory."

So if my math is correct, he'll be in the slammer for 5+ months?!
    Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    I don't have a thousand dollars hanging around to buy a fart in a jar lol.

Daniel Silva Says Corey La Barrie Caused His Own Death

https://www.tmz.com/2021/01/11/danie...death-lawsuit/

"Ink Master" star Daniel Silva has responded to Corey La Barrie's wrongful death lawsuit ... claiming Corey's death was partly his own doing.

Daniel filed legal docs responding to claims from the YouTuber's parents -- Simon La Barrie and Lissa Burton. The docs say the car crash that led to Corey's death was due to his own negligence, and he assumed the risk of death when he jumped into Daniel's car that fateful night back in May.

TMZ broke the story ... Corey's parents believe Daniel and his company, Daniel Silva Tattoos, were negligent in the moments leading up to Corey's death on his 25th birthday. Daniel wrecked a black McLaren sports car after leaving a party with Corey.

Corey's parents say excessive speed caused the crash ... and Daniel was the one with his foot on the pedal.

The parents also claim Daniel was under the influence ... something a source close to Daniel disputes.

As we first reported ... Daniel was arrested and later charged with murder ... with the L.A. County D.A.'s Office saying Daniel acted with malice the night of the crash.

Daniel pled no contest to vehicular manslaughter with gross negligence. He was sentenced to 4 years in state prison, but that sentence was suspended. Instead, he got 365 days in county jail. He also got 5 years probation and 250 hours of community service.

What an asshole.

I was thinking it was probably said by advice of his attorney for the civil suit but it looks like the ins co stated this...

https://www.tmz.com/2021/01/11/danie...-death-lawsuit

UPDATED 12:38 PM PT -- Daniel says he had nothing to do with this legal response to Corey's parent's lawsuit. Daniel, in an Instagram Story, said an insurance company filed the docs on his behalf and added he wasn't given the opportunity to review the response before it was filed in court.

Daniel said he had to respond because he could not "let this misunderstanding continue" without saying "they do not reflect my personal beliefs or feelings about what happened that night."

Quote Originally Posted by nclexusgirl View Post
    I was thinking it was probably said by advice of his attorney for the civil suit but it looks like the ins co stated this...

https://www.tmz.com/2021/01/11/danie...-death-lawsuit
    Well then, what are his personal beliefs or feelings about that happened that night? It's easy to say that it was an insurance company saying it, but you don't release your own? The fact that he tried to run away after the accident and his behavior the following days falls more in line with the view the ins co has. So I'm skeptical.

Maybe I am missing parts to this story. Imho, I believe the driver should have not driven. However the victim was under the influence and a 25 year old adult. So if the driver didnt force the passenger into the car , the victim is half at fault too. Disclaimer: I would be angry as shot if this was my child and would most likely file a law suit too.

Quote Originally Posted by terps1990 View Post
    Maybe I am missing parts to this story. Imho, I believe the driver should have not driven. However the victim was under the influence and a 25 year old adult. So if the driver didnt force the passenger into the car , the victim is half at fault too. Disclaimer: I would be angry as shot if this was my child and would most likely file a law suit too.
    Regardless of that fact, the charge in CA would be murder if he had a previous offense. If he didn't drive, it wouldn't have happened. Period.

Thread Information