Thread: Cady Groves, pop and country singer, dead at 30 from chronic ethanol abuse

Cady Groves, pop and country singer, dead at 30 from chronic ethanol abuse

https://www.facebook.com/cadygroves

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cady_Groves

http://cadygroves.com/

https://www.instagram.com/cadygroves/

https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/04/enter...rnd/index.html

(CNN)Cady Groves, a pop and country singer and songwriter, died over the weekend at her home in Tennessee, Camus Celli, CEO of Vel Records, told CNN.

She was 30.

"Her death appears to be from natural causes, pending a final coroner's report. Foul play and self-harm have both been ruled out by the coroner," Celli said in a statement on Monday.

Groves, originally from Kansas, had just wrapped her upcoming 2020 album which was set to be due out this summer, according to her label. Some of her most popular songs include "This Little Girl," "Love Actually" and "Forget You."

Groves toured with LMFAO, Good Charlotte and Third Eye Blind and was continuing to play shows for fans in Nashville.

"Those closest to Cady want people to know she loved music, laughter, cooking, tacos and, especially, her family," Celli said in his statement.

"She was so excited to finally be putting out this body of music that she had worked for so long on (over a year)," he said. "To get back in front of her fans to play this new music... that was really everything to her, her connection with her fans meant the world to her."

Groves' family requests that in lieu of flowers, donations be made in her name to the Music Health Alliance or MusiCares.

http://mydeathspace.com/article/2020..._ethanol_abuse
    Last edited by raisedbywolves; 08-14-2020 at 06:43 PM.

Cady Groves dead: How did Cady Groves die? Cause of death revealed

https://www.express.co.uk/celebrity-...f-death-latest

CADY GROVES is a country singer from Oklahoma who sadly died on Saturday, May 2, at the age of 30. How did Cady Groves die?

Cady Groves was an American singer and songwriter, who was known for her hits including This Little Girl and Love Actually.

She died from natural causes on Saturday, May 2, after battling with health problems throughout the year.

Her brother Cody shared the sad news with her fans on social media, tweeting: "@cadygroves has left this world. Details are limited right now but family is trying to get them and will keep people updated.Rest In Peace little sis. Hope you’re reunited with @kellydgroves and Casey."

Groves was inspired to follow her childhood dream to become a singer following the death of her other brothers.

Her brothers Casey and Kelly died in 2007 and 2014 respectively and they were both 28 when they died.

Some fans had suggested foul play or self-harm as the cause of death, but her brother was quick to clarify the situation on social media.

He said: "In my original post I had stated we had no information to try and prevent that, but to expel rumors I will provide an update.

"The medical examiner has completed autopsy and there was no indication of foul play or self harm. Simply put, Cady Groves died of natural causes."

Fans have been paying tribute to her on social media, with one fan saying on Twitter: "I'm so devastated to hear about the passing of Cady Groves.

"I feel so lucky to have grown up with her beautiful music and to carry it with me from time to time even in the present day [it] was always a comfort. My heart absolutely hurts on this day."

No detail has been given as to what the medical problems were at this time, but her brother said they may have resurfaced and this would be their best guess as to the cause.

Cody had a great relationship with his sister, and he said she would often contact him to critique her latest projects.

Her friends and fans have taken to Twitter to pay tribute to the young star, with one friend saying: "So heartbroken to hear that my friend @cadygroves has passed away. Rest In Peace."

Another friend said: "I’ve never worked with any songwriter who could open a vein and get vulnerable the way Cady Groves could.

"We wrote a lot of songs together for a while and I was inspired by her time after time. A truly underestimated masterclass of talent. Rest In Peace, old friend."

The star was the youngest of seven siblings and she split her time as a child between Oklahoma and Kansas.

She had declared to her mum that she would be the next pop singer like Britney Spears, and she was keen to pursue songwriting after leaving high school at 16.

As her parents wanted her to take a different path to begin with, she attended Le Cordon Bleu College of Culinary Arts in Arizona.

Her first EP, A Month of Sundays, was released in 2009 and three more followed - The Life of a Pirate, This Little Girl, and Dreams.

The star then went on to write a number of hit singles including Love Actually, Forget You, and Crying Game.

Her last single, Dreams, was released in 2015 and after its release she took on a High School Nation Tour, singing in front of more than 50,000 high school students.

Groves had posted an update on her social media accounts back in April, during the coronavirus lockdown.

On her Instagram account she left the following message, alongside a photo of herself: "Week..6? Haven’t left my house but about three times and that was just to drive around in my car so I wouldn’t go insane.

"I don’t have a television, so I’ve had to REALLY just be alone with myself and my thoughts and fears and anxiety in my bedroom without anybody here in Nashville."

She added: "Some days my mental health is AWFUL. I feel completely alone and scared and far from everyone I love and all I can do is keep myself busy and push through. Some days are better.

"I know that the way I feel isn’t special because we are ALL living through this separately, but together.

"It’s okay to be scared and to have days where you just cry and wear your hair in a bun and don’t change out of your pajamas. But it’s also okay to take it day by day- like I did today- and have hope. My heart is with you all."

Her fans were quick to respond and offered lots of love and support, and the tributes are continuing to pour in for the young singer.

WHAT?! I loved listening to "This Little Girl" when I was getting mentally abused by an asshole. R.I.P.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    I don't have a thousand dollars hanging around to buy a fart in a jar lol.

I wonder what her brothers COD were. I will be interesting to learn her COD too.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    I wonder what her brothers COD were. I will be interesting to learn her COD too.
    Wondering the same, here... siblings all passing so close to the same ages must be so difficult for the family

https://www.today.com/today/amp/tdna180635

Kelly Groves died at 28 in 2013 after struggles with prescription drug addiction following a serious car accident, about seven years after older brother Casey Groves also died at 28 from prescription drug abuse, Cody Groves told The Oklahoman in 2014.

Side note, I bet the mom often got their names mixed up (Casey, Cady, Cody & Kelly).
    I can be your *ADDICTION* if you wanna get hooked on something!!

Quote Originally Posted by nclexusgirl View Post
    https://www.today.com/today/amp/tdna180635

Side note, I bet the mom often got their names mixed up (Casey, Cady, Cody & Kelly).
    I was given prescription painkillers after I had my wisdom teeth taken out. They made me feel heavy and groggy. I only took one. Never again. Sad that others don't have the same reaction I did.

I see what you mean, but my mom always mixed my brother and my names up and they were nowhere near similar. I think it's a mom brain thing. Lol!

Country Singer Cady Groves' Cause of Death Revealed

https://toofab.com/2020/08/08/singer...eath-revealed/

The cause of death for country singer Cady Groves has been revealed.

An autopsy report from the Davidson County Medical Examiner's Office in Tennessee states the 30-year-old rising star died from complications of chronic ethanol abuse, according to documents obtained by Today.

Ethanol is the clear form of alcohol found in beverages like beer, wine, and liquor.

Per the report, Cady's manner of death was ruled "natural."

Whoa, drank herself to death by age thirty, that's really sad. I had a good friend who did the same, but she was 36 - and I thought that was tragically young. I don't know how you guys always come up with CODs (I can never find them on ME sites), but I'll bet the brothers died of the same thing - or some substance abuse. That poor mother.
    You are talking to a woman who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom and chuckled at catastrophe.
    ...Collector of Chairs. Reader of Books. Hater of Nutmeg...

I wonder how she was able to hide it from the media? I mean, I just finished watching the movie "Amy" (about Amy Winehouse) and everyone knew she was a mess...

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    I wonder how she was able to hide it from the media? I mean, I just finished watching the movie "Amy" (about Amy Winehouse) and everyone knew she was a mess...
    Sad to say, she probably wasn't as popular.
    She also didn't seem to have as much drama surrounding her like Winehouse did.
    People feed on drama.

Quote Originally Posted by KimTisha View Post
    Whoa, drank herself to death by age thirty, that's really sad. I had a good friend who did the same, but she was 36 - and I thought that was tragically young. I don't know how you guys always come up with CODs (I can never find them on ME sites), but I'll bet the brothers died of the same thing - or some substance abuse. That poor mother.
    Her brothers died of prescription medication ODs.

Thank you, I suspected as much.
    You are talking to a woman who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom and chuckled at catastrophe.
    ...Collector of Chairs. Reader of Books. Hater of Nutmeg...

Thread Information