Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Ahmaud Arbery (25) was shot and killed by an ex cop and his son, because he was jogging and they said he looked like a person suspected in recent break-ins

https://news.yahoo.com/ahmaud-arbery...192143521.html

New police body camera footage released in the Ahmaud Arbery murder case includes one of the alleged killers blaming Mr Arbery for the shooting and another potentially admitting to hitting him with a truck.

In February, a father and son chased down Mr Arbery, a Black man who had been out jogging, under the pretense that he had been breaking into a house that had been under construction. After they stopped him, a struggle ensued and the son, Travis McMichael, shot and killed Mr Arbery with a shotgun.

CBS 47/ FOX 30 in Jacksonville, Florida obtained body camera footage from Glynn County police in Georgia featuring the reactions of Travis McMichael - the man who shot Mr Arbery - his father, Greg, and neighbor William Bryan, who filmed the encounter, in the immediate aftermath of the shooting.

The footage shows officers approaching the McMichaels, while Mr Arbery's bloodied body lies in the street. An officer on the scene tells a colleague that Mr Arbery is "about to be 10-7, man" - police code for "out of service."

Travis McMichael can be seen pacing in the background of the shot, clearly affected by killing Mr Arbery.

His father can be heard on the video assuring officers "[Travis] had no choice, man."

In a later clip, the elder McMichaels tells an officer that he was yelling to his son not to shoot anyone, but then said Mr Arbery grabbed for the shotgun, which prompted his son to shoot him.

He told officers they had allegedly seen Mr Arbery breaking into houses that were under construction "numerous times." Both men justified chasing Mr Arbery down by claiming he had been breaking into houses.

Elsewhere in the video, Travis McMichael says shooting Mr Arbery was the "last thing I ever wanted to do in my life."

He then blames Mr Arbery for the shooting.

"If he had stopped this wouldn't have happened," he said.

Another video shows the interrogation of Mr Bryan, who filmed the shooting and was eventually charged with felony. In the immediate aftermath of the shooting, Mr Bryan said he prayed for Mr Arbery's family "every night," but prosecutors believe Mr Bryan was an active participant in the events leading up to the shooting.

In the video, an office asks Mr Bryan if he was just a passerby, to which Mr Bryan replies "Nah, not necessarily" before explaining his role.

Mr Bryan said he saw Mr Arbery being chased by the McMichaels, and said he called out the men "y'all got him?" He told officers he offered to help because of the alleged break-ins in the area.

Mr Bryan then described getting into his truck and using it to try to stop Mr Arbery.

"I pulled out of my driveway, was gonna try to block him, but he was going all around it and I made a few moves at him, you know?" he said. "And he didn't stop."

In May, Mr Bryan claimed he had no involvement in what had occurred, but in the footage he all but admits to trying to at least block - if not hit - Mr Arbery with his truck.

Mr Arbery's family and legal team pushed for Mr Bryan to be arrested alongside the McMichaels from the beginning. He was eventually arrested and charged in May, three months after the shooting.

All three men have pleaded not guilty to the murder.

In case anyone cares, Jackie Johnson was booted out of office, most likely for her mishandling of this case. The new prosecutor is someone that I previously worked for as a paralegal.

Illinois but the Southern part, which kind of sucks
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    In case anyone cares, Jackie Johnson was booted out of office, most likely for her mishandling of this case. The new prosecutor is someone that I previously worked for as a paralegal.
    I have a friend who works in law enforcement in Georgia and he was telling me about this case long before it hit the public media. I'm going to leave my thoughts there. When I think about the caucasity of these men I see red.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/federal-gr...ry?id=77376829

A federal grand jury has charged three men with hate crimes and attempted kidnapping in the fatal shooting of Ahmaud Arbery in February 2020.

Travis McMichael, 35; Travis's father, Gregory McMichael, 65; and William Bryan, 51, have each been charged with one count of interference of rights and attempted kidnapping, while the McMichaels were each charged with using, carrying and brandishing a firearm in relation to a crime of violence.

Recent Stories from ABC News

MORE: Timeline: Events leading up to the arrests of 3 men in the murder of Ahmaud Arbery
    All three men had previously been arrested months after the shooting. In June, a Glynn County grand jury voted to indict all three for felony murder, malice murder, aggravated assault, false imprisonment and criminal contempt to commit a felony in the death of Arbery.

They each have pleaded not guilty and have been ordered to stand trial later this year.

PHOTO: Booking photos of Travis McMichael, his father Gregory McMichael and William "Roddie" Bryan Jr. who have been charged in the shooting death of Ahmaud Arbery.
    Glynn County Sheriff's Office
    Glynn County Sheriff's Office
    Booking photos of Travis McMichael, his father Gregory McMichael and William "Roddie" Bryan Jr. who have been charged in the shooting death of Ahmaud Arbery.
    Arbery, 25, a Black man, was killed while jogging in the neighborhood of Satilla Shores in Brunswick, Georgia, on Feb. 23, 2020.

Gregory McMichael, a retired investigator with the Brunswick District Attorney's Office who previously served as a Glynn County police officer, saw Arbery and assumed he was the person who committed "several break-ins" in their neighborhood, according to a police report. He and his son grabbed their guns -- a .357 magnum and shotgun, respectively -- and jumped into a white pick-up truck, authorities said.

MORE: Ahmaud Arbery's mother files federal lawsuit against 3 men accused of killing son
    Bryan recorded the chase on his cellphone, which captured Arbery getting ambushed by the McMichaels.

Arbery was seen in the viral video struggling with Travis McMichael before being fatally shot.

PHOTO: In this May 29, 2020, file photo, a protestor holds up a photo of Ahmaud Arbery at a rally in Washington.
    Michael S. Williamson/The Washington Post via Getty Images, FILE
    Michael S. Williamson/The Washington Post via Getty Images, FILE
    In this May 29, 2020, file photo, a protestor holds up a photo of Ahmaud Arbery at a rally in Washington.
    The new federal indictment alleges that the three men intimidated and threatened Arbery and interfered with his right to use a public street "because of Arbery's race and color." It also alleges that all three chased Arbery "in an attempt to restrain [him], restrict his free movement, corral and detain him against his will, and prevent his escape."

On the one-year anniversary of his death, Arbery's mother filed a wrongful death lawsuit in the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Georgia, alleging that the McMichaels and Bryan were acting as surrogate police when he was killed.

ABC News' Bill Hutchinson contributed to this report.

On cell
    Jury selection begins February 7, 2022.
    https://thebrunswicknews.com/news/lo...442655eb4.html
    Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    I don't have a thousand dollars hanging around to buy a fart in a jar lol.

On cell.
    I don't think she's going to serve any jail time.

https://1440wgig.iheart.com/featured...nson-indicted/

On cell.
    I don't think she's going to serve any jail time.

https://1440wgig.iheart.com/featured...nson-indicted/
    On cell.

I was wrong. They arrested her, but she's since bonded out.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/09/03/us/ah...ted/index.html

Also, they sent out 1,000 jury summons, but I guess my husband nor I was chosen as a lucky participant.

https://www.wrdw.com/2021/10/13/1000...slaying-trial/

11 WHITE People on Jury

https://thebrunswicknews.com/breakin...c6bc09b71.html

Jury empaneled, but lone Black juror prompts bias motion against defense attorneys
    By LARRY HOBBS lhobbs@thebrunswicknews.com 47 min ago Comments

After an arduous two-and-a-half week process, a jury of 11 White people and one Black person was selected Wednesday afternoon to hear the racially charged trial of three White men accused of murder in the killing of a 25-year-old Black man.

The selection prompted prosecutors with the Cobb County District Attorney's Office to immediately file a motion claiming bias by defense attorneys in the strike process that whittled a group of 48 potential jurors down to a jury of 12, plus four alternates. There were 12 Black jurors in the pool of 48, or about one-fourth of the group.

Because of the motions filed by the prosecution, the jury of 12 has not yet been officially seated. The arguments to reseat eight of the 12 Blacks who were eliminated during the defense's preemptory strikes remains ongoing.

advertisement
    Of its allotted 24 strikes against potential jurors from that pool, the three defense teams struck 11 Black jurors. Linda Dunikoski, the senior assistant district attorney with the Cobb DA, challenged eight of those strikes against Black potential jurors on the contention that they were struck because of race.

The defense and the prosecution currently are debating before Judge Timothy Walmsley the motives for the striking those eight Black jurors, which Dunikoski is seeking to have reseated.

In the meantime, opening statements in the case could begin as soon as Thursday morning.

The jury will hear the murder trial of Travis McMichael, 35, his father Gregory McMichael, 65, and 52-year-old William "Roddie" Bryan. They stand accused of murder, aggravated assault and criminal attempt to commit false imprisonment in the killing of Arbery on the Sunday afternoon of Feb. 23, 2020, in the Satilla Shores neighborhood.

Travis McMichael shot the unarmed Arbery three times at close range with a 12-gauge shotgun as the two struggled for possession of McMichaels' gun near Satilla Drive and Holmes Road. The McMichaels had armed themselves, jumped into a pickup truck and pursued Arbery after seeing him run past their Satilla Drive homes moments earlier.

Bryan joined the chase in his pickup truck after seeing Arbery run past his Burford Road home with the McMichaels in pursuit. Bryan used his cellphone to record the bloody conclusion, a video that sparked national outrage when it was leaked online in May 2020.

The Georgia Bureau of Investigation moved in and arrested the McMichaels and Bryan shortly afterward.

The video will play heavily in the trial's outcome. Virtually all of the hundreds of potential jurors who were questioned since jury selection began on Oct 1. had seen the video.

The McMichaels said they suspected Arbery of burglarizing a nearby home that was under construction. Defense attorneys will argue that Arbery's killing was the result of self-defense in the course of a citizen's arrest. The prosecution contends Arbery was murdered while out for a jog on a public street.

Dunikoski has said the trial could last until Nov. 19.

No Blacks were struck from the four alternate jurors, although the racial makeup of the alternate list is not yet known.

Defense attorneys for the three defendants insisted the strikes against Blacks were not motivated by race.

"Most of the jury selection we had to do was the epitome of the lesser of two evils," said Laura Hogue, an attorney representing Gregory McMichael. "The majority of the Black jurors brought in here were struck for cause immediately because of their strong opinions (against the defendants). It is up to use to say to ourselves, 'Is this an appropriate jurors? Would you want that juror judging you?' The answer is a resounding, 'No.'"

Late Wednesday afternoon, Walmsley was still hearing arguments to reseat Black potential jurors, based on the prosecution's contention that defense struck them strictly because of race.

Defense attorneys said one woman was struck because she told sibling who belongs to the NAACP, "there should be another solution instead of pulling out a gun and bam,'"

That's bullshit. That's not even trying to be unbiased.

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    FFS. COMPLETE bullshit!
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

The jury is out for deliberations. Let's hope that this doesn't end up like Rittenhouse. Although, the fact that the defense tried to cut a deal late in the trial looks good for a conviction. You can't exactly claim "self defense" when you gather up an armed mob and hop in to a truck to chase someone down who is unarmed.

Jurors begin deliberations in trial of three men in Ahmaud Arbery's killing

https://edition.cnn.com/us/live-news...-21/index.html

I'm thinking they'll be not guilty on some charges, but guilty where it counts. *fingers crossed*

They've reached a verdict. Watch live here:

Have they announced it? I am not able to play sound right now, I have other people in the office with me.

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Have they announced it? I am not able to play sound right now, I have other people in the office with me.
    All three guilty to different degrees and different counts. It's confusing because they were all tried together for a myriad of charges, but one guy wasn't found guilty of felony murder. A lesser murder charge. The other two of felony murder. Basically, it's good news! Watch when you can and you'll hear all of the verdicts.

All three guilty to different degrees and different counts. It's confusing because they were all tried together for a myriad of charges, but one guy wasn't found guilty of felony murder. A lesser murder charge. The other two of felony murder. Basically, it's good news! Watch when you can and you'll hear all of the verdicts.
    Yeah I just checked a news site and saw that. Good news!

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Here's a full breakdown of all of the charges:

Live updates: All 3 men guilty of murder in the killing of Ahmaud Arbery

https://edition.cnn.com/us/live-news...cnn-mobile-app

I cant find live video of the verdict, but Im so happy! Finally sometimes the jury gets it right. I said from day 1 this was murder (possibly premeditated because intent can happen in a blink of an eye).

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Illinois but the Southern part, which kind of sucks
    Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    I cant find live video of the verdict, but Im so happy! Finally sometimes the jury gets it right. I said from day 1 this was murder (possibly premeditated because intent can happen in a blink of an eye).
    I too was happy. At least someone is getting justice. I saw a interview with the father of one the victims (Rittenhouse)and he was so sad and not understanding how and why the GQP were so happy about the verdict. I can’t imagine.

I don't like Hobbs' writing style. He's too much of a "comedian" and his word usage is abhorrent. Check out Brunswick News' crime reports to see what I mean.

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime...son/ar-AASwYJC

All 3 of Ahmaud Arbery's convicted killers get sentenced to life in prison
    Best news of the year thus far!!!

I don't understand why there's another trial since all the men will spend the rest of their lives in prison?!
    Waste of my taxpaying money.

I don't understand why there's another trial since all the men will spend the rest of their lives in prison?!
    Waste of my taxpaying money.
    My guess is because they fear they will probably appeal and possibly get the first sentences set aside or overturned.

I forgot that the federal trial started today. I'm downtown trying to return books to the library and they have the street next to the courthouse blocked off and a few police cars.

I just read yesterday about a father/son pair who were recently arrested in MS for attempted murder for chasing and blocking in with their pickup truck a black FedEx driver in their neighborhood. The driver was not shot but his truck was, I think father/son surname is Case. I couldn't fucking believe it. It reminded me so much of this case.
    La tristesse durera toujours - Vincent van Gogh

Thread Information