Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Ahmaud Arbery (25) was shot and killed by an ex cop and his son, because he was jogging and they said he looked like a person suspected in recent break-ins

On my cell.
    This is a link talking about the defense lawyers that are defending the McMichaels.
    https://www.13wmaz.com/mobile/articl...7-6a9d67b340eb
    If Franklin Hogue sounds familiar, it's because he represented my friend's killer, Stephen McDaniel.

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by up2trouble View Post
    This is all I found:

Shooting video - https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...78922238606272

surveillance video - https://www.ajc.com/news/crime--law/...0k9cr80R7CTnL/

I used Chrome and viewed through the incognito window to keep from having to turn off my ad-blocker.
    Honestly. How can anyone identify anyone from that surveillance video? I can't see a damn thing except stick figures in the distance that could be any race.

This McMichael asshole had it out for Ahmaud and was looking for any reason to kill him. I'm convinced.
    Quote Originally Posted by Miller22 View Post
    I thought the exact same thing. Poor Brennen Tammons.
    Oh well, back to gum.
    ....or exchanging Puke's wang for spicy nuts.
    Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post
    I know, right? What the fuck, puke? Willing to take in Boston, an Irish dude and like, 17 dogs but not Ron? poor Ron.

Sister of Ahmaud Arbery's alleged killer posted picture of his body to Snapchat

https://nypost.com/2020/05/18/sister...y-to-snapchat/

The sister of the man charged with gunning down Ahmaud Arbery said she posted pictures of the unarmed black jogger's dead body online because she is 'a true-crime fan,' according to a new report.

Lindsay McMichael, 30, admitted posting an unedited image of a blood-soaked Arbery lying on the street in Brunswick, Georgia, on Snapchat, but said she meant no harm, the Sun reported Monday.

'I had no nefarious or malicious intent when I posted that picture,' she told the outlet. 'The thing is I'm a huge fan of true crime ' I listen to four or five podcasts a week ' I'm constantly watching that sort of thing.'

'It was more of a, 'Holy s't, I can't believe this has happened,'' she added. 'It was absolutely poor judgment.'

However, a lawyer for Arbery's family called the image 'deeply disturbing.'

'The picture Lindsay McMichael posted was very disturbing and very disturbing to the family,' attorney S. Lee Merritt told the Sun. 'It actually fits the pattern of the McMichael family engaging in a weird, violent form of voyeurism.'

Ex-cop Gregory McMichael, 64, and his son, Travis McMichael, 34 ' Lindsay McMichael's father and brother ' are charged with murder in Arbery's Feb. 23 shooting death.

Police said the two men chased Arbery, 25, for more than 4 minutes after he was spotted poking around a construction site on the block. The two finally confronted Arbery, who was shot twice with a shotgun at close range during a struggle with Travis McMichael.

The McMichaels were not charged in the case until earlier this month when a video of the fatal encounter was made public and the Georgia Bureau of Investigation, the state's law enforcement agency, took over the case.

Ironically, it was Gregory McMichael who leaked the video to a local station, thinking it would exonerate the two men.

'First you have (Gregory) McMichael sharing with a news station a video of the murder, then you have his daughter sharing an image of Ahmaud's bullet-ridden body on Snapchat,' Merritt said. 'It's deeply disturbing behavior.'

Lindsay has defended her brother and father, saying they never 'meant to kill anybody' and always 'loved' her non-white boyfriends.

She said she was in her pajamas watching a movie when the shooting took place, and said her brother 'was looking desperate' when she saw him.

'I've seen my brother in his happiest moments ' I was there when his child was born and I've seen him in distress and I know that look,' she told the Sun. 'It wasn't like some glory thing, like, 'I stalked and then got the kill that I was hoping for.''

She said the family has gotten threats to rape and kill them since the shooting.

'We're not the ones on trial here ' my dad and my brother are and yes, I don't think that they were beating the hood of the truck and saying, 'Let's go get this person,'' Lindsay McMichael said. 'I think that things just really escalated.'

'I just want people to realize we're not monsters,' she said.
    Last edited by up2trouble; 05-19-2020 at 07:39 AM.

“I just want people to realize we’re not monsters,” she said.
    This must be a hereditary delusion.

Not surprised that his certification was suspended, but that last one (Feb 2019) was probably a formality - he retired four months later. If he was already scheduled to retire, he probably just let his certification lapse. That's what I did.

"The picture Lindsay McMichael posted was very disturbing and very disturbing to the family," attorney S. Lee Merritt told the Sun. "It actually fits the pattern of the McMichael family engaging in a weird, violent form of voyeurism."
    Guess they could say the same thing about us, eh?
    Last edited by KimTisha; 05-19-2020 at 07:10 AM.
    You are talking to a woman who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom and chuckled at catastrophe.
    ...Collector of Chairs. Reader of Books. Hater of Nutmeg...

The Savannah News showed a more up close video of the person in white walking through the unfinished house.
    My brother wants me to take him to where Ahmaud was killed. I've been kind of curious, but it's out of my way.
    Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    "he had Skittles so he could have made drugs".
    Quote Originally Posted by daisylane View Post
    Yo mama such a ho, that Foursquare has made her vag a place to "check in".

Georgia man who filmed Ahmaud Arbery shooting arrested on murder charge

https://nypost.com/2020/05/21/georgi...murder-charge/

The Georgia man who filmed the shooting death of Ahmaud Arbery has been arrested on murder charges, the Georgia Bureau of Investigation said Thursday.

William “Roddie” Bryan, 50, was charged with felony murder and criminal attempt to commit false imprisonment, in Arbery’s Feb. 23 shooting death by two white men.

Arbery, 25, who is black, was unarmed as he jogged through the Brunswick neighborhood when Bryan, who is also white, and the two other men, Gregory McMichael, 64, and his son Travis McMichael, 34, chased him for more than four minutes before he was confronted by the McMichaels and shot dead.

Travis McMichael shot Arbery dead at close range with a shotgun. He and his father, a former Glynn County police officer, were not charged in the case for 74 days, until the GBI took over the case.

Bryan’s cellphone video of the shooting was made public this month and sparked national outrage.

He claimed he was a good Samaritan, but an expanded version of his video, released by S. Lee Merritt, Arbery’s family’s attorney, showed that he got into his vehicle and also chased Arbery, then filmed while he was shot dead.

Bryan is to be held at the Glynn County Jail.

He claimed he was a good Samaritan, but an expanded version of his video, released by S. Lee Merritt, Arbery’s family’s attorney, showed that he got into his vehicle and also chased Arbery, then filmed while he was shot dead.

Bryan is to be held at the Glynn County Jail.
    He must be kicking himself in the arse for sticking his nose where it doesn't belong.
    You are talking to a woman who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom and chuckled at catastrophe.

Don't drink sanitizer! raisedbywolves's Avatar
    https://www.cbsnews.com/news/justice...attorneys-say/

The U.S. Department of Justice is launching an investigation into the shooting death of an unarmed black man in Georgia as a hate crime, according to attorneys for the victim's family. Ahmaud Arbery, 25, was shot and killed by two white men while jogging in his neighborhood on February 23. Three arrests were made this month after video surfaced of the violent encounter.

Attorneys for Arbery's family said the U.S. Attorney for the Southern District of Georgia Bobby Christine and his office will look into why Glynn County and the state of Georgia took more than two months to make an arrest and whether the region has historically violated the rights of its citizens. The U.S. Attorney said he plans to file criminal and civil charges.
    Many have alleged Arbery was targeted because of his race, but Georgia is one of four states with no hate crime statutes, which generally allow for harsher sentencing for perpetrators of crimes ruled by a court to be bias-motivated. South Carolina, Wyoming and Arkansas also remain without hate crime laws, and some advocates also include Indiana on the list, calling a law passed in that state last year "uniquely and problematically broad."

Previous efforts to pass a hate crimes bill in the Georgia general assembly have faltered, but since Arbery's killing there's been a "newfound resurgence of interest in making sure Georgia gets this on the books," Georgia Representative Karen Bennett, chairwoman of the Georgia Legislative Black Caucus, told CBS News.

HB 426, the latest proposed hate crimes bill, was introduced with bipartisan support last year and passed the state house of representatives. But the bill appeared stalled in a state Senate committee when the legislative session was suspended in March over coronavirus concerns. The Anti-Defamation League has joined a coalition of 35 advocacy groups known as Hate Free Georgia to call for HB 426 to pass; the bill would mandate enhanced sentencing for defendants convicted of targeting a victim because of their "actual or perceived race, color, religion, national origins, sexual orientation, gender, mental disability, or physical disability."

While states are the primary prosecutors of hate crimes, the federal government also has the authority to bring charges under the Matthew Shepard and James Byrd Jr. Hate Crimes Prevention Act. The Department of Justice can act as a "backstop" to prosecute hate crimes in states without the statutes or where state laws don't cover the crime.

The Department of Justice has previously said it is reviewing the Arbery case to determine whether federal hate crime charges are appropriate. It was also weighing a request by the Attorney General of Georgia to investigate the conduct of the first two district attorneys assigned to the case. They recused themselves amid questions over their links to Gregory McMichael, a former law enforcement officer, and handling of the case.

Don't drink sanitizer! raisedbywolves's Avatar
    https://www.nydailynews.com/news/cri...mbu-story.html

The white man who was caught on video shooting Ahmaud Arbery, the unarmed black jogger whose killing in Georgia has sparked nationwide outrage, was allegedly overheard using a racial slur as the fatally wounded victim lay on the ground, a state investigator revealed Thursday.

Richard Dial, a special agent with the Georgia Bureau of Investigation, told a court that co-defendant William “Roddie” Bryan, the man who filmed part of the incident, told authorities he heard Travis McMichael say “f---ing n----r" moments after the Feb. 23 shooting.

McMichael and his ex-cop father, Gregory, appeared in court Thursday via a video link from a Glynn County jail, where they’re being held on felony murder and aggravated assault charges.

Bryan, who’s charged with felony murder and illegally using a vehicle to try to confine and detain the victim, did not appear in court but was represented by his attorney.

Jesse Evans, a special prosecutor in the case, told the judge the evidence will show Arbery “was chased, hunted down and ultimately executed.”

Not surprising at all. Ugh.

Quote Originally Posted by mydeathspace View Post
    Not surprising at all. Ugh.
    Only surprised it took this long to come out.

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??

Interesting, it suggests to me he is going to testify against the McMichaels.

Quote Originally Posted by KimTisha View Post
    Interesting, it suggests to me he is going to testify against the McMichaels.
    He probably is so he can try to get less jail time.

I don't know him personally, but he seems like a follower.
    He wants to do whatever sounds cool and makes him appear to be a hero.
    He thought when the McMichaels told him to get in his truck and follow them, he was going to help them capture a local punk. He was going to go tell his buddies later at the local watering hole how he helped capture a dangerous fugitive.
    He didn't think things were going to go terribly wrong and now instead of being a hero, he'll be lumped in with murderers.
    Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    "he had Skittles so he could have made drugs".
    Quote Originally Posted by daisylane View Post
    Yo mama such a ho, that Foursquare has made her vag a place to "check in".

Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    He probably is so he can try to get less jail time.

I don't know him personally, but he seems like a follower.
    He wants to do whatever sounds cool and makes him appear to be a hero.
    He thought when the McMichaels told him to get in his truck and follow them, he was going to help them capture a local punk. He was going to go tell his buddies later at the local watering hole how he helped capture a dangerous fugitive.
    He didn't think things were going to go terribly wrong and now instead of being a hero, he'll be lumped in with murderers.
    Exactly. It makes no sense to me that he would have offered that information (the racial slur) unless it could provide some benefit to him.

On cell
    https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/04/us/mc...ery/index.html

The key piece to take away from this article is the fact that Ahmaud was hit by Bryan's truck as he tried to flee.

https://www.11alive.com/article/news...4-3d4f49c3fffb

ATLANTA ? Georgia is now one step closer to having a hate crime law in place, after it was passed in both chambers of the statehouse Tuesday afternoon. It now goes to Gov. Brian Kemp to sign into law.

The state Senate passed hate crimes legislation deemed essential by state leaders after lawmakers struck a deal to remove language protecting police.

The bill, HB 426, was passed in that chamber Tuesday by a vote of 47-6. It was sent back to the state House for debate of Senate changes, which include data collection and reporting requirements and the addition of sex as a protected factor. It passed that chamber, as well.

lties for crimes motivated by a victim?s race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender or disability.

Bipartisan support had been thrown in doubt after Republicans added protections for first reponders, but those protections were put in another bill that also passed.

Gov. Brian Kemp would have to sign the bill in order for it to become law. It's unclear at this time when that would happen, but Kemp?s office said in a statement that intends to sign it, pending a legal review.

Georgia was only one of four states in the country without a hate crime law. If Kemp signs the bill, only South Carolina, Arkansas ad Wyoming would be remain.

Calls for a law surrounding hate crimes in Georgia were renewed in the wake of the death of Ahmaud Arbery. The south Georgia man, who was Black, was shot and killed while jogging after being confronted by father and son Gregory and Travis McMichael, who are White. The McMichaels told authorities they followed Arbery because they believed he was a burglary suspect and they wanted to make a citizens arrest.

In a statement through the Georgia NAACP, Arbery's mother, Wanda Cooper-Jones, said she was thankful for the bill's passage.

"My family thanks everyone for not letting my son's death be in vain," Cooper-Jones said. "I know he is still with us and this law is evidence of that and I look forward to being present when it is signed."

https://www.11alive.com/article/news...2-78e969b20863

BRUNSWICK, Ga. — Cobb County District Attorney Joyette Holmes, the specially-appointed prosecutor in the Ahmaud Arbery murder case, said the three men who are facing charges in his death have now been indicted.

Holmes said a Glynn County Grand Jury indicted Travis McMichael, Greg McMichael and William R. Bryan on malice and felony murder charges.

It comes following the passing of a landmark hate crimes law by the Georgia General Assembly on Tuesday. Georgia had been one of only four states without such legislation.

Arbery, a 25-year-old Black man, was shot and killed while on a run through a Brunswick neighborhood in February by two White men. The suspects, a father and son, claimed there had been burglaries in the area and confronted Arbery. The shooting has been decried by activists as a vigilante murder.

There is no evidence Arbery was ever connected to any kind of burglary.

RELATED: Ahmaud Arbery’s mom on hate crimes bill passing in Georgia: ‘His name will live on forever.’

"This is another step forward in seeking justice for Ahmaud. Our team from the Cobb Judicial Circuit has been committed to effectively bringing forward the evidence in this case, and today was no exception," Holmes said.

"It has been an effort of many agencies including the Georgia Bureau of Investigation and the Department of Justice who have worked together to get to this point. We will continue to be intentional in the pursuit of justice for this family and the community at large as the prosecution of this case continues," Holmes added.

The indictment formally charges the three defendants with nine counts: malice murder; felony murder (four counts); aggravated assault (two counts); false imprisonment; and criminal attempt to commit false imprisonment, Holmes said.

The national outcry that followed Arbery's killing, dovetailing with nationwide protests in the wake of George Floyd's death, led in part to the political momentum that saw Georgia pass the hate crime law this week.

“I’m happy that Ahmaud’s name will be a part of such a big change," Arbery's mother Wanda Cooper-Jones told 11Alive's Hope Ford.
    "At the same time I have to snap back into reality that Ahmaud is gone," she added. "But his name will live forever I think."

In the February killing, a surveillance video showed Arbery stopped inside a house under construction and looked around before resuming his run. Subsequent surveillance videos from the property showed it was not uncommon for passersby to take a look around. The owner of the unfinished home said nothing was ever taken.

There were no charges or arrests in the case until video of the killing leaked in early May, with civil rights activists and groups like the NAACP contending the men who killed Arbery avoided accountability because of the father's ties to law enforcement.

After the case passed through two district attorneys who recused themselves, and are now both under investigation for prosecutorial misconduct, it went to a third who brought the murder charges, after the Georgia Bureau of Investigation was brought into the case.

The case was then handed by appointment of state Attorney General Chris Carr to Holmes.

https://www.fox5atlanta.com/news/gov...-bill-into-law

ATLANTA - Georgia has joined the list of states that have hate crime legislation on the books.

Gov. Brian Kemp signed House Bill 426 into law Friday afternoon at the State capitol in Atlanta. The law goes into effect July 1, 2020.

Before signing the bill, Kemp said that it “does not fix every problem or right every wrong. But this bipartisan legislation is a powerful step forward. It’s a sign of progress, and it’s a milestone worth applauding.”

State lawmakers acted with haste to pass the legislation, which had previously been stalled, following the killing of Ahmaud Arbery, as well as recent nationwide protests against racial injustice and police brutality. Arbery was a 25-year-old Black man pursued and fatally shot while running near Brunswick, Georgia, in February. Three white men, including a father and son, are charged with murder in his death.

Lawmakers approved the hate crimes legislation after legislators struck a deal to remove language protecting police and first responders.

The law will allow additional penalties to be imposed for certain crimes when motivated by a victim’s race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender or disability. It also mandates the collection and reporting of data on hate crimes investigated by law enforcement.

The Senate also added a requirement that law enforcement report suspected hate crimes to the Georgia Bureau of Investigation so the GBI can track where these crimes occur.

Georgia joins 46 other states and the District of Columbia which have statutes criminalizing various types of bias-motivated violence or intimidation.

The state's previous hate crime statute was struck down by the Georgia Supreme Court in 2004.

Arkansas, South Carolina, and Wyoming are now the only states in the U.S. without hate crime legislation.

This comes as Georgia responds to both Ahmaud Arbery and Rayshard Brooks deaths.

A hearing is underway for the killers of Ahmaud Arbery.

GLYNN COUNTY, Ga. — The Glynn County Police Department requested that the GBI initiate a sex crime investigation based on allegations made against William “Roddie” Bryan, Jr.

According to the GBI, the investigation is active and ongoing.
    Bryan is one of the 3 suspects in the murder of Ahmaud Arbery. Bryan apparently recorded the whole thing and plead not guilty Wednesday.
    https://www.actionnewsjax.com/news/l...JJ6PKXTB3KK2Y/

New allegation on one of the killers of Ahmaud Arbery. William “Roddie” Bryan, Jr. Is under investigation for Sex Crimes in Georgia.

https://www.nydailynews.com/news/cri...hky-story.html

The suspect accused of recording and helping his neighbors attack Ahmaud Arbery, an unarmed Black man out for a run at the time, is now at the center of sex crime investigation.

The Georgia Bureau of Investigation in a statement on Friday they were contacted earlier this week to ?initiate a sex crimes? probe against William ?Roddie? Bryan, Jr.

?The investigation is active and ongoing,? the statement reads.

The GBI later said the alleged crimes happened in Camden County, Ga., did not provide additional details about the nature of the allegations raised against Bryan, NBC News reported.

Earlier on Friday, Bryan entered a not guilty plea to one count of felony murder and attempt to illegally confine or detain. The father and son also charged, Gregory and Travis McMichael, also pleaded not guilty to the charges brought against them in Arbery?s death.

A prosecutor mentioned the GBI sex-crimes probe in passing during Bryan?s bail hearing late Friday afternoon, but his defense lawyer did not address the investigation in court, 11 Alive reported.

They were indicted in June on nine felony charges, including one count of malice murder, four counts felony murder, two counts aggravated assault, one count false imprisonment and one count criminal attempt to commit false imprisonment.

Arbery was out for a run in Glynn County on Feb. 23 when he was attacked by Gregory and Travis McMichael, who armed themselves ahead of the chase. The elder McMichael initially told authorities he suspected the young runner was a wanted burglar and that he attacked Travis before he was fatally shot.

No arrests were made in the case until months later, sparking national outrage that was only fueled by video of the incident, which went viral on May 5.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/father-son...ry?id=72232824

NoOOOOOOO

The white father and son accused of killing Ahmaud Arbery, who was Black and was jogging down a Georgia street, are looking to have bond set and two charges dropped, according to new court documents.

Attorneys for the son, Travis McMichael, 34, called him an "excellent candidate for low bond."

He was never charged with a crime until this case, according to court documents filed Thursday.

Travis McMichael has a 3-year-old son who lived with him every other week until his arrest, the documents said.

"Travis is an extremely devoted father who dotes" on his son, the defense attorneys wrote.

Travis McMichael has lived all of his life in the Brunswick, Georgia, area and was living with his parents at the time of his arrest, the documents said.

His attorneys said he isn't a flight risk because he doesn't have a passport "and most importantly, his family, including his parents and three-year-old son are here in Georgia," the documents said.
    MORE: Grand jury indicts 3 men arrested for murder of Ahmaud Arbery

Travis McMichael's father and fellow defendant, former police officer Gregory McMichael, also "meets the conditions for pretrial release on reasonable bond," his attorneys said in documents filed Thursday.

Gregory McMichael's attorneys asked the court to set a hearing within 20 days.

Gregory and Travis McMichael were arrested in May and face charges of malice murder, felony murder, aggravated assault, false imprisonment and criminal attempt to commit false imprisonment.

A third suspect, neighbor William "Roddie" Bryan, faces the same charges as the McMichaels. Bryan's bail was denied last month.

All three have pleaded not guilty.

Arbery was on a jog in Brunswick when he was shot and killed on Feb. 23. Prosecutors claim that 25-year-old Arbery tried to run for his life before he was struck by a car, gunned down and then called a racial slur by one of the suspects.

The three arrested told police they thought Arbery was a suspect in a series of break-ins. They were charged after video showing the deadly struggle appeared online.
    MORE: Ahmaud Arbery was struck by vehicle before he was shot dead; suspect yelled racial slur: Investigator

The McMichaels and Bryan also want the charges of malice murder and criminal attempt to commit a felony dropped.

The malice murder count "charges two crimes in one count, making it duplicitous," the McMichaels' attorneys claimed. "It does so by trading on vague and uncertain allegation regarding 'unlawfully chasing' in pickup trucks, which inserts an unspecified separate crime from malice murder, namely, 'unlawfully chasing [Ahmaud Arbery] through the public roadways.'"

The McMichael's attorneys argued that the criminal attempt to commit a felony count is also duplicitous because the count "alleges both a completed crime?'unlawfully chase Ahmaud Arbery in pickup trucks' and an attempted crime 'attempt to confine and detain Ahmaud Arbery without legal authority on Burford Road using Ford F150 pickup truck and Chevy Silverado pickup truck.'"

Bryan's attorney filed a motion Thursday looking to adopt the claims made by the McMichael's attorneys to also get those two charges dropped.

The Cobb County District Attorney's office declined to comment on Thursday's motions.

ABC News' Bill Hutchinson contributed to this report.

https://www.cbs46.com/news/hundreds-...d45df9a74.html

Atlanta, GA. (CBS46) ? The calls for two district attorneys initially involved in the Ahmaud Arbery murder case to resign ? are growing louder.

In an open letter to the Georgia State Bar Thursday, more than 300 Georgia attorneys joined with several civil rights groups demanding Brunswick District Attorney Jackie Johnson and Waycross District Attorney George Barnhill step down from their positions.

"It shocked me to see that there were two district attorneys in South Georgia - in Waycross and Brunswick - who I felt weren't doing what they took their oath to do," said attorney Chris Richardson, a managing partner at the firm, Cooper Richardson, who signed the letter.

In February, 25-year-old Arbery, who was black, was chased by three white men and shot dead ? as he jogged in a Brunswick neighborhood.

But it would take nearly three months, for them to arrested and charged in his murder.

Gregory McMichael, and his son Travis, along with William Roddie Bryan were charged with malice murder and several other counts, including aggravated assault and false imprisonment. Bryan recording the shooting that would later go viral sparking national outrage and weeks of protests throughout Georgia.

Both Johnson and Barnhill didn't pursue criminal charges and eventually recused themselves from the case.

The letter calls for the Georgia State Bar to investigate to the two prosecutors for conflict of interest and misconduct.

Gregory McMichael worked as an investigator for Johnson's office prior to retiring. Barnhill?s son is an assistant district attorney in Johnson?s office and had previously worked with McMichael.

Richardson said Johnson and Barnhill?s handling of the case resulted in delays in justice for Arbery?s family.

?There were a lot of issues in both the actions ? in both Barnhill and Jackie Johnson ? that we as attorneys needed to speak up and say something about it. And not only that but the fact that George Barnhill wrote this letter prematurely exonerating the McMichael?s and in that letter he offered factually incorrect, and legally unsound information,? said Richardson. ?What I wanted to say with 313 other attorneys across Georgia was enough was enough.?

Since May, civil rights organizations including Just Georgia and the Georgia NAACP have been holding rallies and press conferences calling for the two prosecutors to resign.

"We are pursuing any and every avenue of approach to hold these people accountable because their in-action in not only the Ahmaud Arbery case - and let's be very clear - this is not related to just one case, this is a series and pattern of practice that concerns us and should concern us all,? said president of the Georgia NAACP Rev. James Woodall.

Cobb County District Attorney Joyette Holmes was appointed as a special prosecutor in the case.

Attorney General Chris Carr?s office continues to review a federal investigation into Barnhill and Johnson.

Copyright 2020 WGCL-TV (Meredith Corporation). All rights reserved.

The Georgia Bureau of Investigation in a statement on Friday they were contacted earlier this week to "initiate a sex crimes" probe against William ?Roddie? Bryan, Jr.
    This case just gets worse and worse. I am somewhat suspect about the timing of the sex abuse allegation though, the guy has been in jail since what, March?

Attorneys for the son, Travis McMichael, 34, called him an "excellent candidate for low bond."
    Technically, the eighth amendment prohibits setting excessive bail as punishment or to keep a suspect confined before trial. But this guy is on video committing the murder, he's clearly a danger to society - just ask the Arbery family. Sorry, I don't think he should even be eligible for bail.

Thread Information