Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Ahmaud Arbery (25) was shot and killed by an ex cop and his son, because he was jogging and they said he looked like a person suspected in recent break-ins

Don't drink sanitizer! raisedbywolves's Avatar

Ahmaud Arbery (25) was shot and killed by an ex cop and his son, because he was jogging and they said he looked like a person suspected in recent break-ins

https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/05/us/ah...ing/index.html

The fatal shooting of a black man -- apparently recorded on video in February and posted online Tuesday by a local radio station host -- will go to a grand jury in coastal Georgia, according to a district attorney.

Elements of the disturbing video are consistent with a description of the shooting given to police by one of those involved in the incident.

Ahmaud Arbery, 25, was jogging in a neighborhood outside Brunswick on February 23 when a former police officer and his son chased him down, authorities said. According to a Glynn County Police report, Gregory McMichael later told officers that he thought Arbery looked like a person suspected in a series of recent break-ins in the area.

After they chased down Arbery, McMichael told police, Arbery and McMichael's son Travis struggled over his son's shotgun. McMichael said two shots were fired before Arbery fell to the street, the report said.

In a letter to police, George Barnhill , one of the district attorneys who has recused himself from the case and who saw the autopsy report, wrote that Arbery sustained three wounds during the struggle for the gun.

Tom Durden, the district attorney for the Atlantic Judicial Circuit, wrote in a news release obtained by CNN on Tuesday that he expects to present the case to the next available grand jury in Glynn County to consider whether charges are merited for those involved in Arbery's death.
    S. Lee Merritt, an attorney for the Arbery family, said in a statement that the two men involved in the chase "must be taken into custody pending their indictment."
    Gov. Brian Kemp said the Georgia Bureau of Investigation has offered resources to Durden for his investigation. "Georgians deserve answers," Kemp tweeted.

Kemp also retweeted the GBI's post that Durden "formally requested the GBI to investigate the death of Ahmaud Arbery."

State Attorney General Chris Carr said he was "deeply concerned" by the video and news reports.

Wanda Cooper, Arbery's mother, told CNN on Sunday that when police notified her of her son's death, she was told her son was involved in a burglary and that there was a confrontation between her son and the homeowner and a struggle over a gun.
    The video begins with a man in a white T-shirt jogging down the middle of street toward a pickup. One man is in the bed of the truck and the other is standing near the driver's side door.

As the man in the T-shirt approaches, he goes around the pickup on the right side, and just as he's passing the front of the vehicle, he makes a left and begins tussling with the man with the shotgun.

A shot goes off, and the two disappear off the left side of the screen as the man who was running appears to throw a punch. The man standing in the back of the truck takes out a handgun but doesn't fire.

A second shot is heard as the men who are fighting are off-screen. As the men come back into view, both are still grabbing the shotgun.

The man in the T-shirt appears to throw a right-handed punch at the man's head as a third gunshot is heard.

The man who was shot recoils, as blood appears on his T-shirt below his left ribcage. He stumbles and falls in the middle of the two-lane road.

The man with the shotgun walks away as the other man runs toward them with his gun in his right hand.

I'm glad you posted this article. This seems like another George Zimmerman case.
    Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    "he had Skittles so he could have made drugs".
    Quote Originally Posted by daisylane View Post
    Yo mama such a ho, that Foursquare has made her vag a place to "check in".

Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    I'm glad you posted this article. This seems like another George Zimmerman case.
    I didn't see your post before I replied to your PM, but as I said in that, this is also totally what I think. This was just someone looking to kill this man and find an excuse to get away with it IMO. I saw in one article where they were bringing up the fact that he had a shoplifting conviction from high school as an excuse. That's as bad as "he had Skittles so he could have made drugs".

I just saw on CNN where they arrested these Zimmerman copy cats!

Too bad it took so long and a viral video for that to happen.

Geezus, this is incredible. It looks like they were lying in wait for him? Where did the video come from? Who would have known to start filming? Was it a dashcam from a car traveling behind Arbery? Or was someone else there?

ETA: Someone else was there. Found this, can't confirm the accuracy of it but...

Sarah Combs
    18 hrs ?

This is absolutely digusting and disturbing to me. We all know without a shadow of a doubt if this had been black vigilantes gunning down a WHITE former highschool football star in a small redneck town, they would have ALL been arrested on the spot FOR MURDER, if not worse. The fact that state prosecutors tried to blow this over, and attempted to stay on the case knowing they had affiliations with these MURDER SUSPECTS is sickening. THIS SHOWS RACISM IS FAR FROM DEAD!!

DID ANYONE EVEN READ THE PROSECUTORS LETTER?!?!?! " It appears Travis McMichael, Greg McMichael and Bryan Williams were following in ‘hot pursuit,’ a burglary suspect, with solid first hand probable cause, in their neighborhood, and asking/telling him to stop. It appears their intent was to stop and hold this criminal suspect until law enforcement arrived. Under Georgia law this is perfectly legal.” then continued to say “A private person may arrest an offender if the offense is committed in his presence or within his immediate knowledge.”

So I'm white and I wouldn't let another person hold me at gunpoint without putting up a fight myself. So now days its okay to chase "suspects" with guns. Funny how he changed paths to avoid these white supremacists and they still followed and gunned him down. So we the people are allowed to patrol neighborhoods and act as law enforcement now. BC atleast thats what I'm getting from Brunswick Georgia

What is the first hand probable cause? Hes black? Hes running? Hes in your neighborhood? This is racism at its best. What we see everyday, but is never stopped. Even with the police our people never see no sympathy. No compassion and this unacceptable as a nation and as humanity. And yes OUR people bc I feel there is no skin color, or race, or heritage that should separate man kind. We are ALL EQUAL, and we all deserve the right to equal treatment. NOTHING CAN BRING THIS MAN BACK TO HIS FAMILY, BUT HIS LOVED ONES STILL DESERVE JUSTICE. And pray to God they find it������
    Williams was probably videotaping for 'evidence' so they could show the police how they took down the 'criminal.' The irony....
    You are talking to a woman who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom and chuckled at catastrophe.
    ...Collector of Chairs. Reader of Books. Hater of Nutmeg...

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/ma...id=mailsignout

The director of the Georgia Bureau of Investigation said Friday it will continue investigating the death of Ahmaud Arbery, including the man who filmed the incident in a video.

Director Vic Reynolds said that video, which has spread widely on social media, was a key piece of evidence in the case in which two white men are seen chasing Arbery down on a residential street in southern Georgia.

He said it took 36 hours from the time the bureau began assisting in the probe to arrest the father and son, Gregory and Travis McMichael, who are accused of shooting Arbery, who was black. There were "some things that needed to be done" in the investigation that had been led by Atlantic Judicial Circuit District Attorney Tom Durden since April 14, he said.

Start the day smarter. Get all the news you need in your inbox each morning.

“We are going to go wherever the evidence takes us," Reynolds said Friday during a news conference. "In a perfect world, we would have preferred to have been asked to become involved in February, of course.”

An attorney for Arbery's family has called for William "Roddie" Bryan, the man who filmed the incident, to be arrested. Reynolds said investigators are looking into that.

The GBI announced Wednesday it would begin aiding the investigation at Durden's request. By Thursday evening, the McMichaels were in custody of the Glynn County Police and charged with murder.
    I was wondering about the person who took the video when I posted the thread. I was thinking along the lines of what KT said above, that they were lying in wait and went after him.

According to an incident report filed by Glynn County police, Arbery was shot after Gregory McMichael, 64, and his son, 34-year-old son Travis, saw him running in their neighborhood and armed themselves with guns before getting in a truck to pursue him.

Gregory McMichael later told police that he and his son thought the man matched someone caught on a security camera committing a recent break-in in the neighborhood, according to the police report.

The Glynn County Police Department said Thursday that it had no reports involving burglaries or home break-ins in the Satilla Shores neighborhood between Jan. 1 and Feb. 23.

Meanwhile, William "Roddie" Bryan, who lives a few houses down from Travis, recorded the video, according to a memo obtained by USA TODAY written by the district attorney who previously led the investigation into Arbery's death.

The memo said Bryan joined the father and son in "hot pursuit" of Arbery.

Gregory McMichael said Travis got out of the truck with a shotgun and that Arbery "began to violently attack" him and "the two men then started fighting over the shotgun," the police report said. Gregory McMichael said his son fired two shots, according to the report.

The police report says Gregory McMichael turned Arbery onto his back to see if he was armed – but the report doesn’t say whether he had a weapon or not.

McMichael did not tell police how or when Bryan became involved in the incident or why he recorded it on video. Bryan is listed on the police report as a witness.
    I would start fighting too if someone came at me with a shotgun.

Who carries a shot gun around with them? This was premeditated.

The victim probably jogged that path routinely and they stalked him and knew that.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

I would start fighting too if someone came at me with a shotgun.
    I'm haunted by the thought of what was going through that poor guy's head as three redneck goons chased him down with shotguns. Ugh.

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    Who carries a shot gun around with them? This was premeditated.

The victim probably jogged that path routinely and they stalked him and knew that.
    This. It's looking worse and worse. Police say they have no reports of burglars in the area. WTF....

This article has photos of William "Roddy" Bryan. I read somewhere (this article maybe?) that his arrest is expected shortly. Also, according to this article, an attorney released the video because he felt people "needed to know." Hope he wasn't Bryan's attorney.

https://heavy.com/news/2020/05/william-roddy-bryan/
    Last edited by KimTisha; 05-10-2020 at 06:13 AM. Reason: deleted the echo
    You are talking to a woman who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom and chuckled at catastrophe.

https://nypost.com/2020/05/08/father...ahmaud-arbery/

The white Georgia man who, along with his son, is charged with murdering unarmed black jogger Ahmaud Arbery had a past connection to the victim — he investigated him when he worked for the district attorney’s office, according to a new report.

Waycross Judicial Circuit District Attorney George Barnhill revealed Greg McMichael’s ties to the victim in a letter recusing himself from the case — because his own son had a connection to Arbery, according to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution.

McMichael, 64, a former Glynn County cop who worked as an investigator in the Brunswick DA’s office, helped prosecute Arbery in the past, Barnhill said.

When Arbery, 25, was in high school, he was sentenced to five years’ probation as a first offender on charges of carrying a weapon on campus, and several counts of obstructing a law enforcement officer, the paper reported.

In 2018, he was convicted of a probation violation after he was charged with shoplifting, according to court documents obtained by the outlet.

McMichael, who retired from the DA’s office in April 2019, never referenced his work on that probe to cops, according to the report. The DA learned about the ties “three or four weeks” earlier, he said.

McMichael claimed to cops he recognized Arbery from surveillance video capturing a recent burglary in his mostly white neighborhood — and that he intended to make a citizen’s arrest, the paper reported.

Meanwhile, it was revealed that Barnhill’s son, a prosecutor for the DA’s office, was involved with “previous prosecution” of Arbery, but it’s unclear which incident, the paper reported.
    I would like to see said 'surveillance videos' released.

I have a feeling that with all the publicity surrounding this case, they're going to move the trial to a different city.

Man who recorded Ahmaud Arbery shooting receiving threats, lawyer says

https://nypost.com/2020/05/09/man-wh...hreats-lawyer/

The man who shot the consequential video of Ahmaud Arbery?s killing is now receiving threats amid cries for his arrest, his attorney said.

The revelation comes after the Georgia Bureau of Investigation revealed the identity of the videographer, William ?Roddie? Bryan, and announced he is under investigation.

?Mr. Bryan, his fiancee, his children, his siblings and other family members, friends and neighbors now live in fear despite the fact that Mr. Bryan has committed no crime and fully cooperated with the investigation into the shooting,? Bryan?s attorney, Kevin Gough, said in a statement to First Coast News in Glynn County Friday.

Bryan, a neighbor of accused killers Greg McMichael and his son Travis, captured video of the Feb. 23 shooting while trailing Arbery from his vehicle.

The video ignited mass public outcry when it leaked to the public earlier this month, leading to the McMichaels? arrest.

Gough said Bryan has now lost his job, and disputed claims he was armed during the dispute.

?Contrary to irresponsible media reports, Mr. Bryan was unarmed at the time of the shooting. Roddie is a family man, NASCAR fan, and enjoys rock and roll. He is not now, and never has been, a ?vigilante,?? Gough said.

He said his client answered police questions during a ?lengthy interview? following the shooting and gave consent to search his cellphone.

Gough did not disclose the nature of the threats.

Last edited by up2trouble; 05-09-2020 at 05:48 PM.

This is all I found:

Shooting video - https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...78922238606272

surveillance video - https://www.ajc.com/news/crime--law/...0k9cr80R7CTnL/

I used Chrome and viewed through the incognito window to keep from having to turn off my ad-blocker.
    Last edited by up2trouble; 05-09-2020 at 06:21 PM.

I would like to see said 'surveillance videos' released.
    Police said there were no reports of burglary in the neighborhood. I wonder if the videos are from Ring doorbells and posted on the Neighbors app? Most people who post on there don't call the police - at least not in my neighborhood. It's all just a bunch of reports of "this guy knocked on my door when I wasn't home and walked away when I didn't answer - burglar!"

Watched the video Up2Trouble posted. So this guy was shot because he walked into a house under construction and looked around?!?! Good Lord, I'd be dead a hundred times by now. Ugh.
    Last edited by KimTisha; 05-10-2020 at 06:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by KimTisha View Post
    So this guy was shot because he walked into a house under construction and looked around?!?! Good Lord, I'd be dead a hundred times by now. Ugh.
    I've done this lots of times. Often, someone is there and will give me a tour.

Quote Originally Posted by up2trouble View Post
    When we were building our house, we came out to our land several times and found people inside looking around. We also looked inside our nearest neighbors' houses while they were being built last year...so should we have been shot for that?!

When we were building our house, we came out to our land several times and found people inside looking around. We also looked inside our nearest neighbors' houses while they were being built last year...so should we have been shot for that?!
    Right?! Seriously, how many people do this? It's not like he walked out of the front door with a couple of Andersen windows under his arms and a bathroom sink on his back, FFS. Because really, what else is there to take in a house under construction? This whole case just infuriates me. People here know that I usually reserve judgement until all of the facts have been presented in court. I'm having a real hard time doing that here. These goons chased him down and killed him. It literally makes me feel sick to my stomach and makes my heart hurt. Rest in peace Ahmaud, I'm sorry you crossed paths with murderous racists...

Quote Originally Posted by KimTisha View Post
    People here know that I usually reserve judgement until all of the facts have been presented in court. I'm having a real hard time doing that here. These goons chased him down and killed him.
    I jumped to a conclusion a while ago:

1. I have yet to see it mentioned that there was a neighborhood watch patrol. These two just "organized" themselves. Even if was official, aren't you supposed to call the cops and not kill?

2. This guy had law enforcement background; he knew the rules.

3. As racist as it sounds, to some people "we all look alike". They might have been targeting him for something someone else had done to them personally. (No, I don't believe robbing the neighborhood story.)

When I moved from Augusta to the middle of nowhere NY, it was a smidgen better. However, I have discovered sometimes it's the same but with a different accent. These type of people are everywhere. Thankfully, not all people are the same.
    Last edited by up2trouble; 05-10-2020 at 04:17 PM.

3. As racist as it sounds, to some people "we all look alike". They might have been targeting him for something someone else had done to them personally. (No, I don't believe robbing the neighborhood story.)
    I think I read on here or somewhere that the ex-cop was familiar with Ahmaud, because of the shoplifting or gun charge.

I'm on my cell, but here's some recent news.
    Guy arrested for making terroristic threats towards future Maud protests.
    https://www.actionnewsjax.com/news/c...IRBTH5HUIXURM/

1. I have yet to see it mentioned that there was a neighborhood watch patrol. These two just "organized" themselves. Even if was official, aren't you supposed to call the cops and not kill?

2. This guy had law enforcement background; he knew the rules.
    This is correct. Neighborhood Watch is a citizen/police program that fosters awareness of your neighborhood and cooperation with the police. It doesn't usually involve "patrols" but it can. They are usually carried out in a non-threatening manner like a drive/walk/jog/bike through the neighborhood - and never armed. You are right when you say they "organized themselves." And yes, he knew better. He knew better than anyone that what he was doing was wrong. He's a dangerous man.

Yep. McMichael Sr. had previously investigated Arbery in a shoplifting case years back (Arbery was 16 I think?). Local police state no recent reports of burglaries in the area, but in January, McMichael Sr. (or his next-door neighbor, it wasn't clear) had a handgun stolen from an unlocked truck parked in front of the residence. I suspect that's what set this whole thing off. A handgun got stolen, he recognizes the jogger who runs thru his neighhborhood as Arbery, the little thief he investigated for shoplifting. Since he's such an ace investigator, this is all the evidence he needs before he decides to take the law into his own hands.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...oting-n1204531

The Department of Justice said Monday it will consider a request by Georgia's attorney general to review the shooting death of Ahmaud Arbery and assess whether federal hate crime charges should be pursued in the high-profile case.

The federal government's further involvement would underscore a larger demand by Arbery's family and civil rights groups for another law enforcement agency to closely examine the handling of the case since Arbery was killed on Feb. 23. Also on Monday, the state's top prosecutor, Chris Carr, appointed a new district attorney — the fourth since Arbery's death — to take over the case.
    Department of Justice spokeswoman Kerri Kupec said the agency has asked Carr to forward any information related to the case. Georgia does not have a state hate crime law.

"We will continue to assess all information, and we will take any appropriate action that is warranted by the facts and the law," Kupec said.

Carr asked for federal assistance on Sunday, saying in a statement that local prosecutors had never informed his office that they had advised police on whether Gregory McMichael, 64, and his son Travis McMichael, 34, should be arrested in connection to Arbery's death.

The Georgia Bureau of Investigation moved to arrest the men late Thursday on charges of felony aggravated assault and murder after a video of the shooting was leaked.

A third man, a neighbor of the McMichaels', is also under investigation for his role in making the video, state investigators said Friday.

"We are committed to a complete and transparent review of how the Ahmaud Arbery case was handled from the outset," Carr said Sunday. "The family, the community and the state of Georgia deserve answers, and we will work with others in law enforcement at the state and federal level to find those answers."

Ex-pastor goes on run with TV to make point about Ahmaud Arbery shooting

https://nypost.com/2020/05/12/white-...ahmaud-arbery/

A white former pastor said he ran more than two miles clutching a flat-screen TV to prove that the color of his skin was enough to protect him from meeting the same fate as unarmed black jogger Ahmaud Arbery.

Two white men, Gregory McMichael, 64, and his son, Travis McMichael, 34, have been arrested on charges of murder and aggravated assault in the death of the 25-year-old men, who was gunned down Feb. 23.

The two men told police they believed Arbery was a burglar.

Richard Demsick, 34, a former pastor in Vero Beach, Florida, said he felt it didn’t matter what he wore or how “suspicious” he looked — that just being white was enough to keep him safe, according to Insider.

As part of the #IRunWithMaud movement, a virtual protest in honor of what would have been the victim’s 26th birthday, Demsick posted a video on TikTok that has garnered over a million views.

“I just started crying when I just saw this poor young man running — as I have thousands of times in my life — get shot down,” he told Insider.

Demsick said he thought that “maybe I should run with a TV to show that being a suspicious character isn’t enough that someone should be shot down. Being a white person, that’s just not going to happen to me.”

So on Friday, he ran 2.23 miles though his neighborhood – which did have a string of burglaries — while carrying the TV.

“All right, I’ve figured it out,” he says in the video. “I got my hat on backwards, I’m shirtless, like I’m on some episode of ‘Cops,’ I’m running with a TV, someone’s going to stop me now for sure, ’cause, if not, what was the problem with Ahmaud?”

Rather than being met with suspicion or hostility, he said, his neighbors waved and smiled as he ran by.

“Not a soul” even asked him later what he was up to, he said.

In another video on Mother’s Day, Demsick asked his mom whether she was scared for him during his experimental jog — or whether she thought the cops would be called.

“No, of course not,” she said.

“Huh, I wonder why that is,” he replied.

Black mothers, Demsick told Insider, would likely not feel the same.

https://www.tiktok.com/@jestertothek...62553498914053
    Last edited by up2trouble; 05-12-2020 at 07:13 AM.

Ex-pastor goes on run with TV to make point about Ahmaud Arbery shooting

https://nypost.com/2020/05/12/white-...ahmaud-arbery/

A white former pastor said he ran more than two miles clutching a flat-screen TV to prove that the color of his skin was enough to protect him from meeting the same fate as unarmed black jogger Ahmaud Arbery.

Two white men, Gregory McMichael, 64, and his son, Travis McMichael, 34, have been arrested on charges of murder and aggravated assault in the death of the 25-year-old men, who was gunned down Feb. 23.

The two men told police they believed Arbery was a burglar.

Richard Demsick, 34, a former pastor in Vero Beach, Florida, said he felt it didn’t matter what he wore or how “suspicious” he looked — that just being white was enough to keep him safe, according to Insider.

As part of the #IRunWithMaud movement, a virtual protest in honor of what would have been the victim’s 26th birthday, Demsick posted a video on TikTok that has garnered over a million views.

“I just started crying when I just saw this poor young man running — as I have thousands of times in my life — get shot down,” he told Insider.

Demsick said he thought that “maybe I should run with a TV to show that being a suspicious character isn’t enough that someone should be shot down. Being a white person, that’s just not going to happen to me.”

So on Friday, he ran 2.23 miles though his neighborhood – which did have a string of burglaries — while carrying the TV.

“All right, I’ve figured it out,” he says in the video. “I got my hat on backwards, I’m shirtless, like I’m on some episode of ‘Cops,’ I’m running with a TV, someone’s going to stop me now for sure, ’cause, if not, what was the problem with Ahmaud?”

Rather than being met with suspicion or hostility, he said, his neighbors waved and smiled as he ran by.

“Not a soul” even asked him later what he was up to, he said.

In another video on Mother’s Day, Demsick asked his mom whether she was scared for him during his experimental jog — or whether she thought the cops would be called.

“No, of course not,” she said.

“Huh, I wonder why that is,” he replied.

Black mothers, Demsick told Insider, would likely not feel the same.

https://www.tiktok.com/@jestertothek...62553498914053
    This is amazing. So true.

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??

https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/13/us/ah...ion/index.html

Less than two weeks before the February 23 shooting that left Ahmaud Arbery dead, a suspect arrested in the case had a confrontation with an unidentified African American man who had entered a neighboring house under construction, according to an attorney for the owner of that house.

Larry English, the homeowner, said the incident involved Travis McMichael, who along with his father is facing charges in Arbery's death, English's attorney, Elizabeth Graddy, told CNN.

English received a text message the night of February 11 from a neighbor who had agreed to watch the property for English, but he is "unaware if the confrontation on the property involved Ahmaud," Graddy said.

Arbery, 25, was jogging in that area, the Satilla Shores neighborhood outside Brunswick, when he was shot almost three months ago.

Greg McMichael, 64, and Travis McMichael, 34, were arrested last Thursday and are facing charges of felony murder and aggravated assault, according to the Georgia Bureau of Investigation.

Graddy shared with CNN a transcript of the text message exchange English had with his neighbor:

"The police showed up and we all searched for a good while. I think he got spooked and ran after Travis confronted him. Travis says they {sic} guy ran into the house."
    "Let me know if he shows up or they find him. I appreciate you letting me know."

Motion-sensor security cameras recorded surveillance video showing a trespassing on English's property on February 11, according to Graddy.

English told CNN he could not identify the individual he says he saw on the video after the February 11 incident. He did not report the incident to the police, he said.

After the shooting, Greg McMichael told police there had been "several break-ins" in the area, and that Arbery looked like a suspect caught on surveillance video.

When the McMichaels saw Arbery jogging on the day of the shooting, the two men grabbed guns and chased him, according to the police report.

When they caught up to him, Travis McMichael exited the truck with a shotgun, and a struggle ensued between him and Arbery, according to the report. The elder McMichael alleged to police that Travis McMichael shot Arbery after the latter attacked him.
    English said he did not report a crime after surveillance video appeared to show Arbery at the construction site just a short time before he was killed.

In that video, the man can be seen walking around and not touching anything.

"I don't want it to be put out and misused and misinterpreted for people to think that I had accused Mr. Arbery of stealing or robbery, because I never did," English told CNN's Chris Cuomo on Tuesday night.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/ex...id=mailsignout

The former police detective whose actions in the fatal shooting of Ahmaud Arbery in Georgia were defended as a citizen’s arrest was stripped of his law enforcement certification and power to arrest a year before the deadly encounter, according to personnel records acquired by The Washington Post.

Gregory McMichael’s certification was suspended in February 2019 after repeated failures to complete required training, according to documents from the Brunswick Judicial Circuit District Attorney’s Office, including a warning in 2014 that McMichael had neglected to finish mandatory firearms and use-of-force courses.
    Gregory McMichael’s personnel documents provide an incomplete account of his employment history with Glynn County, but they indicate that he was stripped of his powers to arrest people on at least two occasions: once beginning in January 2006 — because of an undisclosed infraction the previous year — and again in February 2019, when the Georgia Peace Officer Standards and Training Council (POST) issued a suspension order for “failure to maintain training for the year 2018.”

McMichael retired in June, four months after the suspension of his law enforcement certification. He is being held at the Glynn County Detention Center, along with his son, and could not be reached for comment. It is unclear whether he has an attorney.

Thread Information