Thread: weird connection to a strangers death?

weird connection to a strangers death?

My 1st post. I have been on this site and others like it for years. Death doesn't scare me and I don't find anything weird about being curious about it. Seeing people/animals in pain breaks my heart though.

Anyhoo, I was wondering if there has been a death that anyone felt drawn to for some uknown reason. I would love to hear about it and why you think you have been thinking about it. Mine happened recently. Whenever I'm reading a post on here and I decide to see if I can find any other info, sometimes I end up on medical examiners sites, like LA county. I was researching a different death and came across Kian Shahriary. He was 16yrs old last year when he died from a suicide. No FB, no obit, no other info that I could find. There seemed to be a memorial video on YouTube posted for someone with the same name, but the person who posted it (Jordan Shahriary) had a FB that was posting some pretty regular shit around the time of death, so I ruled that out. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H1fti6XokJU&t=8s

The only thing I could find was a couple of random You tube vids that I believe was posted by the real Kian Shahriary. Playing a video game, hitting a baseball, but then one video in a community centre program or something like that where someone was bullying him and he tried to complain to the adult and the adult yelled at him https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dLFBJzzcnUA. I just felt sadness in my soul for this kid. I've been checking his medical examiners page https://mec.lacounty.gov/case-detail...ber=2019-02267 every so often and I dont really know why. My best guess is the empathy part of it. If you find any other info on Kian, or want to share your own story- please post!

Quote Originally Posted by robo View Post
    My 1st post. I have been on this site and others like it for years. Death doesn't scare me and I don't find anything weird about being curious about it. Seeing people/animals in pain breaks my heart though.
    Welcome, I think you've found your tribe.

, I was wondering if there has been a death that anyone felt drawn to for some uknown reason. I would love to hear about it and why you think you have been thinking about it.
    I have a hundred of them. All of the young deaths haunt me, probably because I'm a mother and I can think of nothing worse than losing a child. Missing persons of any age haunt me as well. It's the uncertainty of it all.

Mine happened recently. Whenever I'm reading a post on here and I decide to see if I can find any other info, sometimes I end up on medical examiners sites, like LA county. I was researching a different death and came across Kian Shahriary. He was 16yrs old last year when he died from a suicide. No FB, no obit, no other info that I could find. There seemed to be a memorial video on YouTube posted for someone with the same name, but the person who posted it (Jordan Shahriary) had a FB that was posting some pretty regular shit around the time of death, so I ruled that out. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H1fti6XokJU&t=8s

The only thing I could find was a couple of random You tube vids that I believe was posted by the real Kian Shahriary. Playing a video game, hitting a baseball, but then one video in a community centre program or something like that where someone was bullying him and he tried to complain to the adult and the adult yelled at him https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dLFBJzzcnUA. I just felt sadness in my soul for this kid. I've been checking his medical examiners page https://mec.lacounty.gov/case-detail...ber=2019-02267 every so often and I dont really know why. My best guess is the empathy part of it. If you find any other info on Kian, or want to share your own story- please post!
    I think you might be wrong here. I think the memorial video IS Kian, I believe Jordan is Kian's brother (whitepages.com has them listed as relatives). However, I think the young man in the bullying video (which absolutely broke my heart) is NOT Kian, but a classmate or whatever named Terrence. Hence, the name of the video: "Terrace get yelled out my white power." Not sure if that's teenage illiteracy or maybe we need Beli to translate that.

I hope you stick around and post a lot. It's been slow around here lately.
    You are talking to a woman who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom and chuckled at catastrophe.
    ...Collector of Chairs. Reader of Books. Hater of Nutmeg...

Thank you so much for replying. I appreciate the warm welcome!

Welcome Robo!

I have so many I can't think of just one.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    Welcome Robo!

I have so many I can't think of just one.
    That's how I am. I think that's why we're all here, right? Because we see death differently than the average bear.

One of the deaths on here that really stuck with me was when 5yo Joshua Hagerman was decapitated by his paranoid schizophrenic father (2009) who was sent to a mental hospital for 8 years. Little Joshua was my grandson's age and this case upset me so badly. I still think about that poor little baby. I think of his parents, too and hope the family finds peace. Just an incredibly sad situation.

http://mydeathspace.com/vb/showthrea...light=Hagerman
    You are talking to a woman who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom and chuckled at catastrophe.
    ...Collector of Chairs. Reader of Books. Hater of Nutmeg...

I was classmates with one of the young women who died in the stampede at Duisburg's Love Parade in 2010. She was only 23. We weren't close, but I still think about her.

This is the MDS death story that will forever haunt me.

http://mydeathspace.com/vb/showthrea...r-Dave-s-death

There was one where a young woman shot herself in the chest, I think due to a bf/ex-bf who committed suicide not long before. I think she had my same name and it stuck with me because a woman shooting herself is kind of rare. I can't even think of where to look for it....it may be under the "solved" section.

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Found it, was totally wrong about the name, though.

http://mydeathspace.com/vb/showthrea...mitted-suicide

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Oh, that was even one of the threads I started. Sorry it's haunting you. :/

What makes one connected to death? Curiosity? Relationship ? Dream?

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Beyondcosmos View Post
    What makes one connected to death? Curiosity? Relationship ? Dream?
    Welcome! I think that curiosity about death is completely natural. I mean, it's the great equalizer. It's something that everything on this earth has in common. Everyone and everything will eventually die.

As for why we feel a certain connection to some deaths over others, I really can't say. There's some that really hit me and I think about them all of the time and others that I just pass by.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

Thread Information