https://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/2019/0...urder-assault/

HONOLULU (HawaiiNewsNow) - A jury has found the man accused in a triple stabbing on the H-1 Freeway in 2016 guilty of attempted murder and two counts of assault.

Mark Char was accused of attacking the victims following a road rage incident.

Kyle Dowd, deputy city prosecutor, said he was happy with the verdict.

?This victims is about the three victims,? Dowd said. ?This case is also about some heroes that stopped by to help these men. I think this verdict is a just verdict that represents the seriousness of what happened on the freeway.?

Earlier this week, Char himself took the stand and claimed that he stabbed the victims in self-defense.

He said he was driving home with his wife when a white sedan cut them off and slammed on its brakes on the H-1 Freeway near Waikele.

After the cars pulled over, Char initially used pepper spray on the driver.

But Char claimed the younger man chased him and started beating him up. That?s when Char said he pulled out a knife.

The driver of the sedan was critically injured after sustained five stab wounds. His passenger and a good Samaritan were also injured.

Victims and witnesses said that Char was combative and angry ― and that his actions could have easily left people dead.

Charles Hauhio, who stopped to help when he saw people were hurt, said one of the victims told him to stay away from the melee.

?He was like, ?Don?t go there. Don?t go down. I just got stabbed.? He showed me his hand. My thinking was, I?m still trying to go down and help and that?s when the older gentleman came and he?s like, ?What? You, too? You, too??? Hauhio said.

Mark Char was accused of stabbing on the H1 Freeway in Hawaii.