Thread: DNA shows Florida parents abandoned 3 babies at the same apartment complex

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

DNA shows Florida parents abandoned 3 babies at the same apartment complex

https://nypost.com/2020/04/21/dna-sh...-over-4-years/

A Florida couple ditched their three newborn children at the same Florida apartment complex over several years, new DNA testing has shown.

Back in July, a one-year-old was found wrapped in a T-shirt on the doorstep of a home at the Willow Key Apartments in Orlando ? and it wasn?t the first time.

Two other babies were abandoned at the complex in 2016 and 2017.

DNA testing showed that the three rugrats have the same father and mother, the Orlando Sentinel reported last week.

The Orlando Police Department is now trying to identify the parents, hiring a forensic genetic genealogy firm called United Data Connect.

Under Florida?s Safe Haven Law, a guardian can leave a newborn under seven days old at a hospital or fire station without facing criminal charges.

If the parents are found, cops would first ?ensure the safety and well being of the mother and of any other children,? OPD spokeswoman Heidi Rodriguez said.

Any help, such as social services, ?will be determined once we make contact with the family and determine their needs,? she said.

Quote Originally Posted by up2trouble View Post
    https://nypost.com/2020/04/21/dna-sh...-over-4-years/

A Florida couple ditched their three newborn children at the same Florida apartment complex over several years, new DNA testing has shown.

Back in July, a one-year-old was found wrapped in a T-shirt on the doorstep of a home at the Willow Key Apartments in Orlando ? and it wasn?t the first time.

Two other babies were abandoned at the complex in 2016 and 2017.

DNA testing showed that the three rugrats have the same father and mother, the Orlando Sentinel reported last week.

The Orlando Police Department is now trying to identify the parents, hiring a forensic genetic genealogy firm called United Data Connect.

Under Florida?s Safe Haven Law, a guardian can leave a newborn under seven days old at a hospital or fire station without facing criminal charges.

If the parents are found, cops would first ?ensure the safety and well being of the mother and of any other children,? OPD spokeswoman Heidi Rodriguez said.

Any help, such as social services, ?will be determined once we make contact with the family and determine their needs,? she said.

That's horrible, but also weird considering they have Safe Haven laws there. I hope this isn't some creep like Ariel Castro dumping his captives' babies

Quote Originally Posted by blighted star View Post
    That's horrible, but also weird considering they have Safe Haven laws there. I hope this isn't some creep like Ariel Castro dumping his captives' babies
    Good lord, this is the first thing I thought of!
    You are talking to a woman who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom and chuckled at catastrophe.
    ...Collector of Chairs. Reader of Books. Hater of Nutmeg...

I've been following this locally since the 2nd baby was abandoned. My guess is it's a young girl in the apartment complex.

How young of a girl though? 1st baby was in 2016 so she would have to have been really young to still be dropping off babies 4 years later.
    I can be your *ADDICTION* if you wanna get hooked on something!!

Quote Originally Posted by nclexusgirl View Post
    How young of a girl though? 1st baby was in 2016 so she would have to have been really young to still be dropping off babies 4 years later.
    Good point. Maybe she's not the one dropping them off.

Also, just reread that article and realize they aren't all newborns. One of them was a year old and doesn't meet the age limits for the safe haven law:

I guess the State figures if you keep the baby past seven days, s/he's yours. Doesn't help those struggling to deal with the situation after a couple of weeks though, does it?
    You are talking to a woman who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom and chuckled at catastrophe.
    ...Collector of Chairs. Reader of Books. Hater of Nutmeg...

Up your ass should you make the mistake of pissing me off.
    Fuck that irresponsible cunt. Charge her ass. And the dude(s) who got her pregnant, too. Twat.
    Don't like what I have to say? I respect that. Go fuck yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by kevansvault View Post
    Fuck that irresponsible cunt. Charge her ass. And the dude(s) who got her pregnant, too. Twat.
    For real. She could've gone to a hospital instead, where they would be safe for sure. I don't get why this doesn't happen more, are they worried about cameras or something?

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Thread Information