https://nypost.com/2020/04/09/indian...avirus-crisis/

After the recent births of twins Corona and Covid, another Indian couple has decided to name their child after the deadly pandemic ? this time welcoming baby Lockdown, according to a report.

The boy was born Monday in Bacheri village, in the central Sheopur district, during the country?s 21-day lockdown, according to the Times of India.

When the hospital staff asked proud mom Manju Mail what to write on the birth certificate, she said: ?He is Lockdown, as he was born during the lockdown period.?

Lockdown?s dad, Raghunath, said: ?My son and our family will remember this time of crisis throughout our life. It is a significant name. The whole world is using the lockdown as a means to stem this pandemic.?

He added: ?We should not take Lockdown lightly.?

Last month, Corona and Covid were born to Preeti and Vinay Verma in the Indian state of Chhattisgarh.

?The delivery happened after facing several difficulties and therefore, my husband and I wanted to make the day memorable,? mom Preeti told Press Trust of India, reported by Sky News.

The couple made the decision, she said, after hospital workers began referring to the babies as Corona and Covid.

India has reported over 4,500 infections and nearly 150 deaths, according to Reuters.