Thread: Butts charged with stealing toilet paper

Butts charged with stealing toilet paper

Police blame a woman named Butts for stealing toilet paper from a central Iowa courthouse, and while they're chuckling, the theft charge could put her in prison.

"She's facing potentially three years of incarceration for three rolls of toilet paper," Chief Lon Walker said, stifling a laugh as he talked to KCCI-TV about Suzanne Marie Butts. "See, I can't say it with a straight face."

Workers had noticed the rolls disappearing from the Marshall County Courthouse much faster than usual, Walker said.

Butts, 38, was caught last week after an employee saw her taking three rolls of two-ply tissue from a storage closet, Walker said.

Butts insisted it was the first time she'd pilfered toilet paper, but she declined to answer further questions on her attorney's advice.

The fifth-degree theft charge, a misdemeanor, normally carries a sentence of less than a year in jail. But Butts could face more time if convicted under the state's habitual offender law because she has prior theft convictions.

Walker did not know why Butts was at the courthouse, but said that she did not work there.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070611/ap_on_fe_st/odd_tp_theft;_ylt=Ai4sAyy_E9.rGMbzhOo5KtKs0NUE

Re: Butts charged with stealing toilet paper

Yessssssssssssssss :lol: :lol: :lol:

Just another reason why Iowa is the greatest state EVER!

I have nothing to add.
    <br />&quot;If you aren&#039;t going to use the head on your shoulders, I will remove it by any means necessary .&quot; <br />

The title was enough to make me chuckle.&nbsp; :-)
    Perhaps i spent too long hibernating?

I didn't know there was a fifth degree of ANY charges. Learn something new everday.

You must have to get up at the crack of dawn to pull the sheet over that company's eyes.

[quote author=Wildgem link=topic=8045.msg408890#msg408890 date=1181665386]
    I didn't know there was a fifth degree of ANY charges. Learn something new everday.

You must have to get up at the crack of dawn to pull the sheet over that company's eyes.
    [/quote]

HAHA CRACK

Hehehe butts.

I NEVER bought toilet paper in college.&nbsp; I always snuck into dorms and stuff and stole it.&nbsp; I never knew I was so bad ass.

I like how they pointed out that she didn't work at the courthouse..that is the best place to get it I guess...nothing like stealing toilet paper thats like sand paper on your ass.
    You remember me as Sheilamadrie......Add me as a friend on myspace so you can talk shit about me on my page when I die..

[quote author=bowieluva link=topic=8045.msg409552#msg409552 date=1181689766]
    Hehehe butts.

I NEVER bought toilet paper in college.&nbsp; I always snuck into dorms and stuff and stole it.&nbsp; I never knew I was so bad ass.
    [/quote]
    My college never refilled our toilet paper on a regular basis and we ran out often so when they *did* refill it I would steal a roll and stow it away for later use.&nbsp; When I moved out of the dorms I had like 20 rolls in one drawer. ^.^

[quote author=[Pandora] link=topic=8045.msg409357#msg409357 date=1181682777]
    HAHA CRACK
    [/quote]

:lol:&nbsp;
    Don&#39;t argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell the difference.<br /><br />[quote author=bowieluva link=action=profile;u=5553 date=1236809919]<br />ALEX IS WATCHING YOU THROUGH A HOLE IN HIS FACE [/quote]

Thread Information