Thread: The Flash actor Logan Williams dies suddenly at age 16

The Flash actor Logan Williams dies suddenly at age 16

https://nypost.com/2020/04/03/the-fl...nly-at-age-16/

Actor Logan Williams, who played a young Barry Allen in the CW?s ?The Flash,? died suddenly Thursday at age 16.

No cause of death was given.

The show?s star, Grant Gustin, expressed his anguish on Instagram Friday, posting a photo with Williams and actor Jesse L. Martin taken during the filming of the series pilot in 2014.

?Just hearing the devastating news that Logan Williams has passed away suddenly,? he wrote. ?I was so impressed by not only Logan?s talent but his professionalism on set. My thoughts and prayers will be with him and his family during what is I?m sure an unimaginably difficult time for them. Please keep Logan and his family in your thoughts and prayers during what has been a strange and trying time for us all. Sending love to everyone.?

John Wesley Shipp ? who played Barry Allen in CBS? 1990 to 1991 version of ?The Flash? and the character?s father, Henry, in the newer CW drama ? said he was ?heartsick? in his own condolences via Twitter.

?He was 100% committed to playing young Barry Allen, and we missed him once we moved past that part of the story,? Shipp wrote. ?Love and compassion to Logan?s family and friends in your grief.?

According to a report in the Coquitlam, British Columbia-based Tri-City News, the young Canadian actor?s mother, Marlyse Williams, is ?absolutely devastated? by his passing, and his family cannot even grieve together because of mandatory social distancing during the coronavirus pandemic.

?I am not able to hug my parents who lost their only grandchild,? Marlyse Williams told the publication.

?With his talent and gorgeous looks, Logan had the potential to be a huge star,? Williams? mother added. Tri-City News says he is also survived by his father, Clive, as well as grandparents, aunts and uncles.

Williams also had roles in the Hallmark Channel series ?When Calls the Heart? and the CW?s ?Supernatural.? Erin Krakow, who stars in the Hallmark series, said she was ?heartbroken? by the news in a post on Twitter.

?Logan was a beautiful, warm, silly, and talented young man,? Krakow added in a separate tweet. ?He could always make us laugh. He was just shy of 17 and had what I?m sure would have been a very bright future ahead of him.?

So young, I wonder what happened?

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    So young, I wonder what happened?
    Unknown congenital heart defect is my guess. I could be wrong though.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

My guess is OD.
    Last edited by raisedbywolves; 11-30-2022 at 04:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    My guess is OD.
    I'm leaning the same way but at his age, it could've have been an undiagnosed medical condition.

Mom of The Flash star Logan Williams: His death is not going to be in vain

https://nypost.com/2020/05/15/the-fl...to-be-in-vain/

When “The Flash” actor Logan Williams died suddenly April 2 at 16, he was mourned by many who never knew his cause of death.

Now, in an exclusive interview with The Post, his mother, Marlyse Williams, reveals that preliminary toxicology results show Logan died of a fentanyl overdose, following a three-year battle with addiction.

After years of dealing with her son’s devastating secret, Marlyse says she’s now determined to bring awareness to the opioid epidemic.

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention reports that 67,367 people died of opioid overdoses in 2018, the most recent stats released. And the mortality rate among teens continues to rise.

“His death is not going to be in vain,” she says of her blue-eyed son, who would have turned 17 on April 9. “He’s going to help a lot of people down the road.”

Marlyse, a sales rep for a dental company, says when Logan was about 9, they were stopped in a Vancouver mall by a female casting agent in town from LA. “She said he could easily become an actor,” Marlyse recalls. “That resonated with Logan and a few days later he kept saying, ‘I think I could be an actor.’ I tried to really talk him out of it and say it’s so competitive. It means you have to learn lines and be on time and such. And he said, ‘I know I can! I can do it!’ ”

Marlyse was skeptical. “I thought this little obsession would end soon and he’ll move onto something else, like kids often do,” she says.

But she secured a Vancouver-based agent for him, who sent him on his first audition for a TV movie. Logan landed the gig.

“We were completely shocked because it was all new to us and didn’t know what to expect,” Marlyse says. Between ages 10 and 12, he auditioned for hundreds of parts. Over the next few years, he juggled school work with roles in the Hallmark series “When Calls the Heart.” the ABC sci-fi series “The Whispers” and the longtime CW hit “Supernatural.”

His most notable role, though, was playing Barry Allen in the first two seasons of “The Flash.”

His co-star, Grant Gustin, who played the adult title character to Logan’s young version of Barry, called the news of Logan’s death “devastating” in an Instagram post read by more than a million people.

“He really, really enjoyed the acting,” his mom says. “I know there’s a stigma of child stars, but he was not a star. He was up and coming.”

But eventually so much auditioning became “way too stressful,” and he took a break. It was around that time, at 13, that Marlyse discovered he was using marijuana, and from there he escalated to other drugs, though she doesn’t know for sure when he started using fentanyl. However, as his addiction progressed, he “was in complete denial because he was so ashamed,” she says.

Over the next three years, she tried to help him with his growing problem. That included remortgaging her home to send him to an expensive treatment center in the US and, just last summer, sending him to a British Columbia facility for one month. Since then, he was living in a group home.

“I did everything humanly possible — everything a mother could do,” she says. “I did everything but handcuff him to me to try to keep him safe.”

And the effect on her, as a parent? “It basically sucks all the energy out.” Still, she kept his addiction “under wraps” from most people, including those in the entertainment industry.

“Logan was always hoping to get back into acting, music or whatever future he wanted,” she says, adding that he went on several auditions last fall. “We didn’t want people to know because of the judgment, because of the embarrassment, because of the criticism. We wanted it to go away.”

Marlyse last saw her son March 30. They cooked his favorite meal: filet mignon with truffled garlic mashed potatoes and broccoli, and shared an “amazing” evening eating, playing rummy and talking.

“He said to me, ‘Mom, I’m gonna get clean. I’m going to get better. And I want my new life to start.’ I just know the last thing we said to each other was, ‘I love you,’ ” she says.

Four days later — on April 3 — she was in a funeral home, identifying his body.

“Seeing him like that was as gut-wrenching as hearing that he died. It was horrific. Horrific. He was cold,” she says. “But I have to say I feel like he was restless and he needed me to tell him it’s OK to let go and that the pain is over and he doesn’t have to hurt anymore.”

That night she went outside to walk their dog, Chico.

“There was the brightest moon shining down on me and I swear that was Logan’s spirit, letting me know he had transitioned. I really felt his energy, that he had transitioned. I just hope he’s at peace,” she says through tears. “He was in so much pain and he was so ashamed.”

On Mother’s Day, she was greeted by a knock on the door: Four friends of Logan’s all brought her flowers. “I asked them, ‘I hope you bought your mom flowers,’ she says. And they said, ‘We brought you the expensive ones and our moms the cheap ones, because Logan had such good taste and loved you.’ “

All four of them, she added, had “fresh” tattoos that read “RIP Logan.”

Earlier this week she was also reminded of Logan when singer Melissa Etheridge announced the death of her 21-year-old son, Beckett, due to an opioid overdose. “My heart breaks for her because I know the initial devastation of knowing your beautiful boy is gone. Unfortunately, I can relate,” she says. “We are in this horrible club. A club you don’t want to be a member of.”

Marlyse says she wants to “create a legacy out of this tragedy” of Logan’s death, even if she can only “create awareness or help one or five or 100 people to somehow heal and get help.”

Until then, she has a constant reminder of that unfortunate role: She keeps her son’s ashes in a handcrafted stone urn, surrounded by photos of him, on a table in her living room.

“Every night I put a candle by the window. I just want Logan to know that he’s always welcome to come back home,” she says. “Sounds so silly, but when he was alive I’d always leave the light on [for] if he’d come home. I leave the light on so he knows I’m here for him.”
    Last edited by up2trouble; 05-15-2020 at 09:36 PM.

I didn't see this one coming. I know people die from addiction daily, but this kid started so young.

Quote Originally Posted by up2trouble View Post
    I didn't see this one coming. I know people die from addiction daily, but this kid started so young.
    Either did I. I'm floored. Addicted to drugs at 13? I wonder if it was because he was in Hollywood and introduced to it?

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Sadly I did see it coming. As soon as I saw the story about Melissa Etheridge's son I had the same thought. It's sad, but anytime I see these Hollywood types die young I suspect OD first.

Didn't expect a 16 year old to have struggled with addiction for years. I get dabbling in it, but damn. Very sad.

yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

‘The Flash’ actor Logan Williams cause of death finally confirmed by coroner

https://nypost.com/2021/09/08/the-fl...lly-confirmed/

“The Flash” star Logan Williams’ official cause of death has been released by Canada’s BC Coroners Service — over a year after the 16-year-old died in April 2020.

According to the coroner’s report, exclusively obtained by The Post Wednesday, the late star died from an “unintentional illicit drug toxicity (fentanyl)” and was classified as “accidental.”

“Toxicological analysis detected fentanyl in a range where lethal outcomes have been reported,” the coroner said. “Even small amounts of fentanyl have been shown to be potentially toxic.”

A preliminary toxicology report released in May 2020 had determined his death accidental acute drug toxicity. The young actor, who played a teenage Barry Allen on the CW series, died in Burnaby, British Columbia.

The official coroner’s report stated that Logan “struggled with mental health concerns and had a history of consuming illicit substances.”

“In 2019, he came into the care of the Ministry of Children and Family Development (MCFD),” the report went on. “Support services were provided including residential treatment; however, Logan often declined to participate.”

The investigation, which The Post learned just recently closed, found that he also became unresponsive after consuming substances on Feb. 26, 2020. After he was resuscitated, he was “diagnosed with a significant brain injury that affected his memory and functioning,” according to the coroner’s report. He was discharged on March 11 “to a specialized resource with recommendations for supervision.”

The coroner’s report added that on April 1, Logan left the residential care home and was reported missing to the authorities. Once he returned, Logan “appeared agitated and under the influence of a substance,” the report read. He went to bed soon after and “appeared to be sleeping” when staff at the residence “conducted hourly checks.”

However, when staff tried to wake him up “he was unresponsive and not breathing,” the report said. Paramedics “did not attempt resuscitation as it was apparent that Logan was deceased. Drug paraphernalia was located near to Logan’s body.”

The coroner also added that police conducted an investigation into Logan’s death and concluded that it was not as a result of suspicious circumstances, noting that “street drugs often contain unexpected substances which can potentially pose increased risk.”

In an exclusive interview with The Post in May 2020, Williams’ mother, Marlyse Williams, revealed that preliminary toxicology results showed that he died of a fentanyl overdose following a three-year battle with addiction. Marlyse vowed to bring awareness to the opioid epidemic sweeping the nation.

“His death is not going to be in vain,” she said. “He’s going to help a lot of people down the road.” She spoke about her son’s career and how he “really, really enjoyed the acting.” Logan also appeared in the Hallmark series “When Calls the Heart,” the ABC sci-fi series “The Whispers” and the CW series “Supernatural.”

‘His death is not going to be in vain. He’s going to help a lot of people down the road.’
    Logan Williams’ mother, Marlyse Williams
    However, she added that the auditioning became “way too stressful,” and he took a break. Marlyse discovered he was using marijuana at 13 and he moved on to harder drugs. As his addiction progressed, he “was in complete denial because he was so ashamed.”

Logan Williams passed away suddenly in April 2020 at the age of 16.
    For three years, she tried to help Logan with his problem and even remortgaged her home to send him to an expensive treatment center in the US. “I did everything humanly possible — everything a mother could do,” she said. “I did everything but handcuff him to me to try to keep him safe.”

“Seeing him like that was as gut-wrenching as hearing that he died. It was horrific. Horrific. He was cold,” she continued, recalling the day she went to identify his body at the funeral home. “But I have to say I feel like he was restless and he needed me to tell him it’s OK to let go and that the pain is over and he doesn’t have to hurt anymore.”

Started using at 13? Ugh, this is so sad.

This sad story reminds me of Drew Barrymore. Luckily, she was able to get her act together and not od.
    I just read an article where she said she was in rehab at the age of 12.

https://310recovery.com/how-drew-bar...ood-addiction/
    Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    I don't have a thousand dollars hanging around to buy a fart in a jar lol.

Thread Information