Thread: University of Wisconsin-Madison doctor (Beth Potter, 52), husband (Robin Carre, 57) found dead in suspected homicide

University of Wisconsin-Madison doctor (Beth Potter, 52), husband (Robin Carre, 57) found dead in suspected homicide

https://nypost.com/2020/04/02/univer...nd-found-dead/

A University of Wisconsin-Madison doctor and her husband have been found dead in what cops are calling a targeted double homicide.

A jogger discovered the bodies of doctor Beth Potter, 52, and Robin Carre, 57, in a ditch at the campus arboretum ' a popular research and recreation area with more than 1,200 acres of forests and prairies ' around 6:30 a.m. Tuesday, authorities said.

Carre was pronounced dead on the scene, and Potter was transported to a local hospital where she also died, according to police.

The pair died of 'homicidal related trauma,' according to the Dane County Medical Examiner's Office.

UW-Madison Police said there was nothing arbitrary about the slayings.

'Through our police investigation, we reached a point where we were confident in that this was not random and this couple was targeted,' department spokesman Marc Lovicott said. 'Beyond that, I can't provide any further details as this is a very active police investigation.'

Potter worked at the Wingra Family Medical Center, operated by the UW-Madison Department of Family Medicine and Community Health and Access Community Health Centers.

She also served as medical director of UW Health's Employee Health Services and spoke both French and Spanish, according to a tribute on the medical school's website.

'Words cannot express our grief,' Dr. William Schwab, interim chair of the family medicine department, said in the tribute.

'In addition to being a wonderful family physician and highly respected teacher, Beth was a dedicated leader at the Wingra clinic and in our health system. She was wise, warm, and always supportive. There are so many in our department whose lives have been touched by Beth; her loss will weigh heavily within us.'

Dr. Patrick McBride, a retired former associate dean at the medical school, told the Wisconsin State Journal that Potter was a 'doctor's doctor.'

'Other doctors had her see their kids,' he said, adding that she was 'dedicated to treating the underserved at the highest quality of care, with dignity.'

Carre worked as an independent educational consultant, helping high school students and their parents with the college admissions process, his Linkedin page says.

He previously served as a coaching director at the Regent Soccer Club, a Madison-based youth soccer organization.

'He cared far more about how players learned the game than he did about their record that season, and he was always calm and even-tempered,' Chris Murphy, whose daughter was coached by Carre for several years as a child, told the Journal.

Potter and Carre had three children, the paper reported.

No one is in custody in connection to the crime, and the motive is unclear.

Last edited by up2trouble; 08-07-2020 at 03:07 AM.

Illinois but the Southern part, which kind of sucks
    Whoa, was he a foster son or something? How did they know the kid?
    RIP Robin and Beth.

Illinois but the Southern part, which kind of sucks

Saw on Facebook that the accused had been dating the victims' daughter. Someone accusing the daughter of orchestrating it. Apparently there is some info on Instagram as well but I don't have it to search.

Up your ass should you make the mistake of pissing me off.
    Fb page is down, now. But if that is the case, wtf makes that maggot ass fuckstain think he would get away with some dumb shit like that? And how old is the daughter, anyway? This better not be one of those "28 year old dating 13 year old" relationships, ffs. They need to hook his fucking testicles and drag his ass to the police station.
    Don't like what I have to say? I respect that. Go fuck yourself.

Social distancing spat may have led to Wisconsin double slaying: prosecutors

https://nypost.com/2020/04/09/social...ouble-slaying/

A squabble over social distancing may have led to the execution-style slayings of a Wisconsin doctor and her husband, court documents show.

Khari Sanford, 18, was charged Tuesday with two counts of party to the crime of first-degree intentional homicide in the deaths of University of Wisconsin physician Beth Potter, 52, and her husband, Robin Carre, 57, who were found shot in the back of their heads near the Madison university on March 31, according a criminal complaint obtained by the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel.

Sanford, who was dating the couple’s daughter at the time, was forced to move out of the couple’s home along with their daughter and into an Airbnb rental because they weren’t following “social distancing rules” during the coronavirus outbreak, the complaint shows.

Potter’s supervisor at University Hospital and Clinics said medication she had been taking put her at higher risk of infection, heightening the need for social distancing, according to the complaint.

Just hours before the killings, which prosecutors have called a “brutal execution,” Potter told a friend that her daughter told her as she and Sanford moved out, “You don’t care about me” and “You don’t talk to me,” the complaint shows.

Potter was “clearly frustrated” during the exchange, according to the complaint.

Sanford’s suspected accomplice, Ali’jah Larrue, 18, was also charged Tuesday with two counts of party to the crime of first-degree intentional homicide. Bail for both him and Sanford was set at $1 million.

Potter and Carre’s daughter, meanwhile, claimed during an interview with police that she was with Sanford on the night of the slaying and that neither of them had left the Airbnb rental home, according to the complaint.

An investigation into the double slaying remains ongoing, a University of Wisconsin police spokesman said.

Ali'jah Larrue and Khari Sanford

daughter

At a time where we need all the doctors we can get, this dumb bitch and her friends goes and kills one. They should also be charged with terrorism. I hope the assailants all catch the coronavirus and die.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    I don't have a thousand dollars hanging around to buy a fart in a jar lol.

Oh and if the couple didn't care about their kid, they wouldn't have rented her and her bf an airbnb. Fuckwads! Btw, how old is the daughter?
    Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    I don't have a thousand dollars hanging around to buy a fart in a jar lol.

Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Oh and if the couple didn't care about their kid, they wouldn't have rented her and her bf an airbnb. Fuckwads! Btw, how old is the daughter?
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...r-husband.html

Mimi Potter Carre, 18, was dating her classmate who is now accused of shooting University of Wisconsin professor Beth Potter and her half-naked husband at point-blank range and leaving them for dead.

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    Why hasn't the daughter been arrested?

Thread Information