Thread: Roxanne Evans "Bumpa" (27) died after a dance move went wrong

Roxanne Evans "Bumpa" (27) died after a dance move went wrong

*** Part of this article is written in a dialet known as Patois or Jamaican Creole. ***

https://www.instagram.com/bumpaleo/

http://jamaica-star.com/article/news...ctim%E2%80%99s

The mother of Roxanne 'Bumpa' Evans, the dancer who died after suffering injuries during a routine last Wednesday morning, said the other performer in the ill-fated stunt has apologised.

Olive Clennon said that Momo, the dancer who landed on her daughter, visited her.

"(She) tell mi seh she sorry an that she neva mean fi jump pon Roxanne, an that she intend fi jump ova har but she fell pon har," she said. "Mi listen wha she sey but a still don't known what to do, because Roxanne done dead already, and seet deh now, she dead lef har two pickney dem."

Clennon told THE STAR that she had told her daughter to give up dancing and find other employment.

"But she neva listen to mi, and seet deh now, a dancing kill har," said Clennon. "She love fi dance, a pure dance she dance. When she a cook and even wen she a wash, she a dance."

Meanwhile, other residents in Rose Heights, St James, where Evans lived, are still trying to cope with the death of the 27-year-old, who was well-loved.

NEWS OF THE ACCIDENT
    She recalled that early Wednesday morning, someone called with the news of the accident. Her daughter was rushed to Lucea Hospital.

"We rush to the hospital same time, but when we reach, she caa talk to nobody, all she could do is shake har head and the doctor dem tell mi seh har neck bruck inna three place," she said. "Honestly, mi neva know seh she woulda dead because the doctor dem did a seh she need some piece a iron inna har neck. Dem tell mi fi go pay some money and by the time mi pay the money, dem a rush har to Falmouth Hospital, so we follow dem to the hospital."

She added, "Thursday we up deh and get the shocking news from a doctor seh she dead, none a wi couldn't believe it."

Clennon pleaded with other dancers doing 'dangerous moves' to stop.

"It don't mek sense fi know seh a simple dance can cause yuh life, and dem need fi stop the head top and flick over dance wha dem a do," she said.

But one dancer, who gave her name as 'Peach', told THE STAR that the stunts the dancers were doing that night were nothing new.

"Bumpa work wid a group a girls name Gladiator Girls an some tings wha dem girls do wen dem a dance, yuh woulda shock fi know," she said. "Momo just nuh judge the thing right. As far as mi know, Bumpa and Momo a fren dem, but sum people a try seh the girl do it pon purpose, and dem need fi stop it."

Last edited by up2trouble; 04-01-2020 at 07:40 AM.

So what the heck happened??

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    So what the heck happened??
    By the sounds of it, they were doing a dance routine and instead of jumping over her the other dancer landed on top of her and it killed her.
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    By the sounds of it, they were doing a dance routine and instead of jumping over her the other dancer landed on top of her and it killed her.
    Holy shit, what a freak accident....

yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Sorry to power level but when I was four I did a back flip with my friend "spotting" me, I fell and broke my collar bone. I could easily have broken my neck. So I can see this happening. Very sad accident.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

There is more than 1 videos out there. The one at this link is not very graphic but gives you a visual of how it happened. I'm sure the friend is devastated
    https://www.hiphopoverload.com/video...-very-graphic/

Warning the video below is very graphic and heart-breaking. It shows popular dancehall performer Bumpa performing a dance trick that resulted in her breaking her neck and dying. Video of the incident shows Bumpa twerking while in a headstand while another dancer, Momo, is positioning herself to run and jump over Bumpa. However, things didn?t go as planned, and Momo landed on Bumpa, breaking her neck. The incident occurred Tuesday in Hanover, Jamaica when Roxanne Evans,27, better known as #Bumpa, was performing a dance routine for a #cash prize of $3500 and her partner accidentally landed on her neck causing it to break.
    I can be your *ADDICTION* if you wanna get hooked on something!!

That doesn't look that bad, but I can see how if she was hit at just the right angle it could break her neck. Very sad!

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    That doesn't look that bad, but I can see how if she was hit at just the right angle it could break her neck. Very sad!
    I think they didn't show the worst part on purpose. Looked to me like she came down between neck and base of head. The girl was not moving.

Here's some of her dance moves:

Her IG: https://www.instagram.com/bumpaleo/?utm_source=ig_embed

Yeah that video doesn't show what happened....like I couldn't even see how she landed on her.

she was definitely not moving at the end.

Thread Information