Thread: Jessica Vanzant Dietzel (21) missing from Leesburg, GA since 2/16/2020

Don't drink sanitizer! raisedbywolves's Avatar

Jessica Vanzant Dietzel (21) missing from Leesburg, GA since 2/16/2020

https://www.nbcnews.com/dateline/mot...orgia-n1172546

A 21-year-old Georgia mother has been missing for over a month and her family told Dateline they are worried something terrible happened to her.

Jessica Vanzant Dietzel, who had been living in Leesburg, Georgia, was last in contact with her family in mid-February.

?We spoke on the phone and she seemed fine,? Jessica?s mother, Kristina Johnson, told Dateline. Kristina lives nearby in Lee County. ?But over the next few days, I tried to message her on Facebook and? nothing. She just never responded. It?s been a nightmare ever since.?

Kristina said that Jessica?s phone was broken so she had used someone else?s to call her. She also communicated with the family through Facebook Messenger. When that stopped, Kristina knew something was wrong.

Deputy Daniel Alday with the Lee County Sheriff?s Office told Dateline there is no concrete date of when exactly Jessica disappeared, but they believe it?s in the time frame between February 16 and March 1.

The Lee County Sheriff?s Office and the Albany Police Department (APD) are working jointly on the case because Jessica lived in Lee County but was last seen in Albany, which is in Dougherty County.

APD authorities were informed that Jessica had been planning to visit someone who lives in a tent near Radium Springs Road next to the Flint River in Albany. Officers went to the location and interviewed several people, but have not found any evidence of Jessica.

There have been other possible sightings of Jessica in February, but nothing that has led authorities to her location.

?We?re still in the process of interviewing people,? Deputy Alday said. ?But we follow all tips that we get in hopes of getting some piece of information that leads us to Jessica.?

In early March, authorities, along with the community, conducted a search for Jessica in a wooded area near the Flint River.

Jessica?s mother, Kristina, told Dateline she is thankful for the community and that it gives her hope they will find her daughter.

Kristina has been caring for Jessica?s daughter, Elena, who is three years old.

Kristina believes someone out there knows what happened to Jessica and hopes they will come forward with information. The family is offering a cash reward for anyone who has tips that lead to Jessica?s whereabouts.

Albany Police Department Spokesperson Phyllis Banks told Dateline they are also doing everything they can to find Jessica.

Jessica is described as being 5?7?, 150 pounds with green eyes and long, straight blonde hair. It is unknown what color, style or type of clothing Jessica was wearing when she was last seen. The name ?Elena? is tattooed on her upper / left chest near her collar bone. She has a nose ring in her right nostril, and a stud immediately below her lower right lip.

Anyone with any information on Jessica?s whereabouts is asked to call the Albany Police Department 229-431-2100, the Albany Area Crime Stoppers at 229-436-TIPS or the Lee County Sheriff?s Office at 229-759-6012.
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/190695005564786

https://www.walb.com/2020/07/24/miss...-after-months/

Albany police addressed allegations that they are not taking Jessica Dietzel’s missing person case serious enough.

Leesburg mother Jessica Dietzel, who turned 22 Thursday, was reported missing around five months ago.

She was last seen in Albany, and Albany Police, Dougherty County Sheriff, and the Lee County Sheriff’s Office are investigating her disappearance.

They directed all comments on the case to Albany Police and Lee County Sheriff’s Office.

Albany’s Police Chief Michael Persley said “Don’t think that we’ve given up.”

Jessica has faced substance abuse problems in the past, according to family members, who accused APD of viewing Jessica as an addict on the run, and not taking her case seriously enough.

Chief Persley isn’t buying it: “I would say that those allegations are untrue. It doesn’t matter about your past with us. If anything, we wan to know about your past. We want to know about any information that you may have so that it can help lead us to Jessica.”

Persley said APD is doing everything possible and legal to find Jessica.

“I don’t want the family to feel that way. I hate that they feel that way, but very lead that they’ve given us we’ve exhausted. Ms. Jessica, her disappearance, is just as important as any other disappearance.” said Persley.

He said it’s possible that people APD have already questioned in the case, could be in the hot seat again for additional questioning about Jessica’s disappearance.

The Lee County Sheriff’s Office told us they get information regularly but nothing credible.

A member of their Special Victims Unit told us “we would be eternally grateful for one honest tip.”

Persley said right now APD receives very few tips and gets limited information on the case.

Mark Vanzant is one of four of Jessica’s siblings, and still holds out hope.

He said “today is her birthday and I just wan to wish her Happy Birthday, that’s all.”

Mark and Jessica are only a year and a few days apart, and like so many birthdays he was hoping to celebrate this one with his big sister, but instead he prays for answers.

“I sat down and prayed. I prayed. I asked God for a sign” said Mark.

Celebrating their birthdays together was a tradition he never thought would be broken.

He said “It ain’t easy” being apart on their birthdays.

As Mark turns 21 and Jessica turns 22, he looks forward with their mom Kristina by his side and hope in his heart.

“I’ll never lose hope. You gotta keep the faith. Always have your faith in God.”

The facebook group in the original post is no longer available...? If that was a page dedicated to her missing, that's odd.

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??

Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    The facebook group in the original post is no longer available...? If that was a page dedicated to her missing, that's odd.
    It was. I will have to look and see if they have a new one.

I wasn't able to find another one, maybe someone who is better at FB than I am can find one. There was a lot of drama on the original FB page, maybe that's why they took it down? Although I would take anything if there was a chance of getting a tip to find my loved one.

Thread Information