Thread: Healthy 39-year-old woman (Natasha Ott) dies waiting for coronavirus test results

Healthy 39-year-old woman (Natasha Ott) dies waiting for coronavirus test results

https://nypost.com/2020/03/22/39-yea...-test-results/

A healthy 39-year-old social worker died days after initially turning down a coronavirus test because she was told she was 'low risk,' her boyfriend said in a heartbreaking Facebook post.

Josh Anderson says he found girlfriend Natasha Ott dead in her apartment in New Orleans on Friday as she still awaited news on whether her sickness and fever were actually COVID-19.

He said Ott who helped people who are HIV-positive had first told him on March 10 that she had a respiratory cold and tiny fever.

They sent her home, but didn't test her she was told she was low-risk, he wrote, calling his partner a profoundly kind, passionate, funny and loving 39-year-old woman in good health.

Her own clinic only had five test kits available, he said, saying she told him, I declined to take one so someone else could.?

After her condition deteriorated, she finally got tested on March 16 almost a week after first falling sick but was told the results would take at least five days, with a further delay meaning they are still not ready, he said.

Anderson detailed Ott's worsening mood and health, as well as her attempts to reassure him that she would be fine if she just drank whiskey.

He finally found her dead in her kitchen at 8 p.m. Friday while checking up because she failed to respond to texts or calls.

For those of you not fortunate enough to have known her know this: it's an immeasurable loss, he wrote.

And seeing a woman I knew to be so full of life lying on the floor lifeless was devastating. I was afraid to touch her. I held her anyway, he said.

He warned that the government is ill-prepared for this pandemic in a way that has and will cost lives while urging people to cherish your loved ones like you could lose them.

The time for joking about Covid-19 is over, he wrote.

The Orleans Parish Coroner's Office has not released a cause of death and state health officials have not confirmed it as a case of coronavirus, The New Orleans Advocate noted.

Last edited by up2trouble; 03-22-2020 at 11:19 AM.

Up your ass should you make the mistake of pissing me off.
    300 million people in the United States. As of today we have only tested 250,000 .

That's fuckin it.

This country is led by the biggest piece of shit ever to inhabit the Oval Office.

Bastard.
    Don't like what I have to say? I respect that. Go fuck yourself.

Why did she think she would be fine if she drank whiskey? I don't get it.

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    Why did she think she would be fine if she drank whiskey? I don't get it.
    My BFF's Mom is a British nurse. Whenever I got a really sore throat, she would have me gargle with port wine for two days. Then a third day to make sure it was killed. She told me that Port is an antiseptic that Brits used more for medicine than drinking. Another friend's Dad recommends warm whiskey before bed for colds. His kids swear it worked for them. I don't know about the whiskey but the port works.

This is terribly sad. I?ve had a non stop panic attack since all this started and I am not downplaying her death, but all these stories of ?they died while waiting for a test/results?.....wouldn?t they have died anyway with a positive test? I understand testing is of utmost importance in all this but some of these stories make it sound like they would have been saved had they got a test and they died clinging to that hope. I feel like some people are in the mindset of ?if I can just get a test, I?ll be okay? and that?s false, tested or not you can still die.

Quote Originally Posted by up2trouble View Post
    My BFF's Mom is a British nurse. Whenever I got a really sore throat, she would have me gargle with port wine for two days. Then a third day to make sure it was killed. She told me that Port is an antiseptic that Brits used more for medicine than drinking. Another friend's Dad recommends warm whiskey before bed for colds. His kids swear it worked for them. I don't know about the whiskey but the port works.
    I have heard of drinking warm tea with booze when sick, because it supposedly helps you sweat out the fever. But with this corona virus, it doesn't seem like a good idea.

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

39-Year-Old New Orleans Woman, Once Feared a Coronavirus Victim, Died of Heart Condition

https://kpel965.com/39-year-old-new-...art-condition/

You may recall the story about the death of Natasha Ott. She was the 39-year-old from New Orleans whose story made national news after her boyfriend's social media post.

It appears that Ott died naturally of a weakened heart and not coronavirus, as feared by her boyfriend, Josh Anderson. Those findings were released yesterday by a coroner's official.

The cause of Ott's death on March 30 has been listed as "dilated cardiomyopathy with remote myocardial infarct," Orleans Parish Coroner Dr. Dwight McKenna's office said. A myocardial infarction is a heart attack.

Ott was found dead on her kitchen floor back in March. Anderson claimed in a social media post that spread nationally that Ott died from coronavirus, but that never materialized.

The test Ott took before she died came back negative after her death, according to family members.

Her death came less than two weeks after the first case of coronavirus was confirmed in the city. Doubts were plentiful regarding the risks of COVID-19 to the young and healthy.

As we later learned, the virus doesn't strike those in Ott's demographic, although the young are not immune. In Louisiana, just 59 of the nearly 3,000 coronavirus-related deaths involved people younger than 40. On the flip side, more than two-thirds of those who have died were over 70.

But this information was not widely known when Anderson posted his somber account of Ott's decline over her last few days.

The autopsy for Ott was performed in late March, and those findings were released on Wednesday.

Natasha Ott, a native of Claremont, California, had been a social worker with the nonprofit health clinic CrescentCare beginning in 2017.

Thread Information