Thread: Single mom of 6, Sundee Rutter (42), died of Covid-19 after surviving breast cancer

Single mom of 6, Sundee Rutter (42), died of Covid-19 after surviving breast cancer

An unimaginable loss for six children after the death of their mother from Covid-19.

Mom of 6 who survived breast cancer dies from coronavirus in washington state (KOMO)

Family members said Sundee Rutter, 42, is one of six people who have now died from Covid-19 in Snohomish County.

The community is now rallying behind her children?ranging from middle school to college? who are now left without any parents.

Family and friends remember Sundee Rutter as a fierce fighter and single mom of six who beat stage four breast cancer. She lost her husband some years ago.

Her life of beating the odds?was ended by Covid-19 at the age of 42.

Mom of 6 who survived breast cancer dies from COVID-19 (Sundee Rutter/MGN Online/Family provided photo)

Rutter?s best friend, Jessica Harris says she is still in disbelief.

?She was a wonderful person, and there?s not many like her out there anymore. Great friend, great mother, great wife, she was a wonderful person,? said Harris. ?We?re pretty devastated, she beat cancer and lost the battle to Coronavirus? It?s just crazy.?

Sundee?s family said two weeks ago the mom started feeling ill and went to the hospital but was sent back home.

They said a few days later, Rutter had a fever and trouble breathing so her son took her to Providence Medical Center and she was admitted. They said after a week of fighting, she died on Monday.

Mom of 6 who survived breast cancer dies from COVID-19 (Sundee Rutter/MGN Online/Family provided photo)

Harris says she couldn't believe it was true. She says she'd been thinking like many others all the panic over the virus was overblown.

"And then when I got the news of her, I was like 'Oh my God, this is not something to play with, this is serious' and now my outlook is different."

"Her children need somebody to help them because the oldest is going to be leaving college and trying to find housing so he can take care of his siblings," Harris said through tears "And that's really tough."

Harris says Sundee was careful about germs because of her compromised immunity from cancer treatments, but she kept working to provide for her family.

"She was the kindest person you would ever meet," Harris said. "She was always there for everyone. And I will miss her."

A GoFundMe is set up under the Ross-Rutter family name to help the children.
    https://nbcmontana.com/news/nation-w...XKyckXk-SEa7yQ
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

Single mom (Sundee Rutter, 42) of 6 who beat stage 4 breast cancer dies from coronavirus

https://www.gofundme.com/f/please-he...cSVkigpvQNgLBg

https://www.kmov.com/news/single-mom...26e9dc3ce.html

(Meredith) -- A single mother of six who beat stage four breast cancer this past year has died from coronavirus in Washington state.

Sundee Rutter, 42, is now being remembered by her friends and family. She leaves behind six children, ages 24, 21, 20, 15, 14 and 13.

Rutter's best friend of 30 years Jessica Harris says Rutter lost her husband years ago and worked day in and out to provide for their six children. It was not mentioned how her husband died.

? We're pretty devastated; she beat cancer and lost the battle to coronavirus? it's just crazy,? Harris told KOMO. ?[She was] a great friend, great mother, great wife? she was a wonderful person.?

Rutter's family said two weeks ago, Rutter went to the hospital for her illness but was sent back home. A few days later, she had a fever and trouble breathing, so she was taken back to the hospital and admitted.

After a week of fighting for her life, Rutter died on Monday.

Rutter's oldest son Tyree, who is 24, is now stepping up to take care of the family after he graduates from college.

?I just want people to really know it?s not just the elderly people [affected by coronavirus], it?s anyone and everyone who have compromised immune systems that are at risk,? Harris told KOMO.

A GoFundMe page has been set up to help Rutter?s children. According to the page, Rutter?s eldest three children are in college and the younger three children are in middle school and high school.

Last edited by up2trouble; 03-20-2020 at 05:23 AM.

From the 1st post:

Harris says Sundee was careful about germs because of her compromised immunity from cancer treatments, but she kept working to provide for her family.

The government checks that would allow high-risk individuals (and possibly non-retaliation laws for employers) enough financial breathing room to stay home can't come quickly enough.
    Last edited by nestlequikie; 03-21-2020 at 12:48 AM.
    I hope that when the world comes to an end, I can breathe a sigh of relief, because there will be so much to look forward to. - Donnie Darko

Breast cancer survivor with coronavirus says goodbye to kids with walkie-talkie

https://nypost.com/2020/03/31/breast...walkie-talkie/

A breast cancer survivor and mother of six from Washington state who died from the coronavirus bid her loved ones a heartbreaking farewell by using a walkie-talkie that was propped up against her pillow, according to a report.

“I told her I love her … she shouldn’t worry about the kids,” Elijah Ross-Rutter, 20, 42-year-old Sundee Rutter’s fourth-oldest child, told BuzzFeed News.

The Snohomish County woman was recovering from cancer when she went to Providence Regional Medical Center on March 3, according to the news outlet.

At that time, there were only 27 reported cases and nine deaths from the illness in her state – compared to the current 4,300 cases and 195 people lost.

Rutter and her son spent eight hours in a sealed room surrounded by medical workers in full protective suits.

“They don’t even want to touch my mom,” Ross-Rutter said, adding that they were eventually sent home.

“She thought she had the flu, probably,” he said. “But like, the coronavirus? It was kind of hard for us to understand how she could get it because not that many people had it around here.”

Four days later, Ross-Rutter and his mom returned to the hospital, where a doctor said she would be kept overnight and treated for pneumonia – but the next day, she tested positive for the coronavirus, he told the outlet.

“For a while, she was able to text,” he said, adding that she told him she felt “much better” on March 12.

But her text messages soon turned into just emojis.

“She was sending me hearts on the messages but she wasn’t replying,” he said.

On March 16, Rutter’s six kids – ages 13 to 24 — were summoned to the hospital, where she died later in the day. Their father died in 2012.

The children described her as “kind, beautiful, caring, and goofy.”

“She would also love when we would teach her the new dance moves that were trending. She really loved music,” Ross-Rutter said.

Her oldest child, Tyree Rutter, 24, plans to use the donations of more than $275,000 from people across the US to secure housing for him and his siblings as he completes his final year at Central Washington University.

“Like it’s crazy how much love and support we’ve been receiving from the community,” Ross-Rutter told BuzzFeed. “It kind of goes to show how big of an impact my mom had on our community.”

These stories are so depressing and unfair

Thread Information