Thread: Isaiah Moronta (13) and Manny Flores (13) drowned after jumping into the Hudson River

Isaiah Moronta (13) and Manny Flores (13) drowned after jumping into the Hudson River

https://nypost.com/2020/03/14/video-...-disappearing/

Haunting footage obtained by The Post Saturday shows the moment a 13-year-old boy jumps into the Hudson River to join his pal, both of whom have not been seen since.

The five-second clip from Friday afternoon begins as one of the teenagers, identified by family and friends as 13-year-old Isaiah Moronta, struggles in the water.

The other boy, Manny Flores, is on the Spuyten Duyvil Bridge, looking down at Isaiah as he surveys his own jump, as the clip ends.

Items belonging to one were found Saturday, as a half dozen police divers searched the water.

The family of both boys anxiously huddled as they watched.

?I had gotten a call from one of the parents telling me that my son jumped from the bridge, that's all I heard. I hung up and called his phone, I have a tracker on him, and I saw that he was in the Hudson,? Isaiah?s mother, Yvelise Beltry, 35, said.

?When I called the phone his father picked up, crying. I came right over here. When I came here they told me he was trying to save another kid,? she continued.

?They took their clothes off and my son Isaiah went in first, he came out, and the other kid went in, but he was struggling, and my son went in to save him, and the current took them away,? she added.

The distraught mom clung to hope.

? He's somewhere, he's somewhere? he's with his friend,? she said.

https://nypost.com/2020/03/14/video-...-disappearing/

Items apparently belonging to one of lost Hudson River boys found as search continues

https://nypost.com/2020/03/14/items-...rch-continues/

The desperate search for two 13-year-old boys who disappeared after jumping into the Hudson River at Inwood Hill Park took a grim turn Saturday, when a Post reporter and photographer spotted clothing and other items apparently belonging to one of the teens.

The items — a pair of blue eyeglasses and gray-colored pants or shorts — were spotted near the Spuyten Duyvil Bridge between Inwood and the Bronx, near where cops say the boys jumped into the river Friday from a nearby railway bridge at around 5:45 p.m. The teens were identified by family and friends as Isaiah Moronta and Manny Flores.

Detectives were overheard telling family members — huddled together as they watched half a dozen NYPD divers scour the river — they had found a pair of glasses, which a relative recognized as belonging to one of the teens.

Still, one of the boy’s mothers’ clung to hope.

“My son is safe,” the woman said as she walked off. “They’re going to find him.”

The pair were believed to be playing by the Dyckman baseball fields when they decided to jump in the river, police said. Witnesses told authorities that one of the boys was “struggling” in the current.

The boys were pals who attended the nearby PS 278 Paula Hedbavny School on West 219th in Inwood, said a relative who declined to give his name.

“We’re just trying our best to see, to find a solution. We’re still looking for answers. We don’t even understand what went on,” he said. “This is a nightmare. Two innocent boys …”

“They don’t deserve to die like this. They were good kids,” he continued. “This is a hard situation.”

Thread Information