Thread: Life is Definitely Different!

Life is Definitely Different!

Hi everyone! I know I haven't been on here in over a week.
    I gave birth to my son on February 26th.
    He was 7 lbs. 11 oz., 20 in. at birth and he passed all his health screenings.
    Now, we're at home and I'm trying to get used to being a first time mom.
    My days are spent feeding and diapering.
    My husband is home with me for two weeks on paternity leave.
    I'm kind of afraid of being able to take care of the baby after he goes back to work.
    I'm trying to learn all that I can from my husband while he's here since he's actually taken care of kids before.
    To be honest, there are times I think I'm not good enough and I made a mistake by having him.
    I was on antidepressants before I became pregnant (stopped during pregnancy).
    I went to a psychiatrist who told me to stop breastfeeding while I took the antidepressants (abilify, welbutrin, zoloft).
    I've since learned from my obgyn that it's okay to take antidepressants while breastfeeding.
    My goal has been to breastfeed for at least a year so I'm going to take only zoloft (which is supposed to be safe) while breastfeeding.
    I really hope things will turn around, because he deserves a mom that loves and can take care of him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    I don't have a thousand dollars hanging around to buy a fart in a jar lol.

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    I'm kind of afraid of being able to take care of the baby after he goes back to work.
    I'm trying to learn all that I can from my husband while he's here since he's actually taken care of kids before.
    To be honest, there are times I think I'm not good enough and I made a mistake by having him.
    I went to a psychiatrist who told me to stop breastfeeding while I took the antidepressants (abilify, welbutrin, zoloft).
    I've since learned from my obgyn that it's okay to take antidepressants while breastfeeding.
    My goal has been to breastfeed for at least a year so I'm going to take only zoloft (which is supposed to be safe) while breastfeeding.
    I really hope things will turn around, because he deserves a mom that loves and can take care of him.
    Congratulations! Trust me, every person I know that's had children always thinks they aren't good enough. You're perfect! You're exactly the mom he needs and deserves. Keep monitoring your mental health and if you feel like something is off, reach out to your doctors. Feeling overwhelmed is completely normal. You just created a new human. That's no small thing. Sending love
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

I’ve been there and felt the same way. I took an antidepressant while I breastfed.

I’m sure you are doing a great job. It’s hard for new parents.

I was worried about when my husband went back to work, but I was fine, except I had post partum depression. I thought it was originally hormones, but I was a mess. I was still able to take care of the baby though, with help. I did have a colic premie that had to be fed every hour though so that didn’t help.

My advice: say yes to anyone that offers to help! And don’t feel bad about it.

If you have any questions or want to chat you are always welcome to pm me.

It’s your depression that is rearing it’s ugly head that’s making you feel not good enough. It’s important to take your medication.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Up your ass should you make the mistake of pissing me off.
    Congratulations!

Your life is about to change in so many ways, and this will be one of the most amazing experiences of your life.

Speaking as a health care provider, please make sure that you and anyone around the baby wash your hands well prior to handling your newest bundle of joy.

It is absolutely NORMAL to have doubts about being a parent, NORMAL to be fearful of the unknown. I promise you.

My kids are older, but not a day goes by that I'm not thankful that I was around to watch them grow. Sometimes they'll change right before your eyes.

You'll marvel at first at every sigh, every burp, every new expression they make. Every squeak, coo, the different cries...everything is an adventure, and not necessarily a good one.

This will likely be the most demanding thing you'll ever do, and it will also be the most important.

You've got this. And don't you forget that you have friends here, like the ladies above said...vent...inform us, whatever you need. That's one thing this mds family does pretty well...support one another.

All the best to you and your new little family!!!!
    Don't like what I have to say? I respect that. Go fuck yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    I hope curiouscat is doing ok. She hasn't signed back on since she posted this. I am hoping she's just busy with the new little one and that everything is good!
    Yeah, I'm hoping she's okay too. The virus started happening around the same time and with the birth and this crisis happening at the same time it has me concerned.

Hopefully you come back to talk, CC. We're here if you need us.

Hi everyone! I have been lurking a bit. I check this site from time to time on my cell, but I don't know my password (it's autosaved on the computer) so I can't comment.
    I just checked so I know my password. Yay!
    Ethan and I have been surviving together.
    I still have qualms about things like diapering and bathing. I hope I get better at it with time.
    I've been breastfeeding, but I haven't been taking my medication. I'm afraid there might be side effects that can be passed onto Ethan. I haven't gotten a definite answer one way or another (from doctors) on what could potentially happen if I take medication while breastfeeding so I'd rather not risk it.
    My husband went back to work for two weeks, but he's off this coming week so I'm so glad I have someone else to change diapers. My husband has started letting Ethan's butt air dry and yes, he has pooped on his daddy's arm. Lol!
    This coronavirus is really scaring me! My husband is considered essential and he travels so I'm constantly on him about washing his hands.
    I want to go to the store one last time to pick up supplies and then just stay away from everyone unless it's absolutely necessary.
    Ethan and I have been staying home. I'm not too confident about how his head rests in his car seat so I just don't go anywhere.
    I'll have to finish later. He just woke up.

Hi everyone! I have been lurking a bit. I check this site from time to time on my cell, but I don't know my password (it's autosaved on the computer) so I can't comment.
    I still have qualms about things like diapering and bathing. I hope I get better at it with time.
    I've been breastfeeding, but I haven't been taking my medication. I'm afraid there might be side effects that can be passed onto Ethan. I haven't gotten a definite answer one way or another (from doctors) on what could potentially happen if I take medication while breastfeeding so I'd rather not risk it.
    My husband went back to work for two weeks, but he's off this coming week so I'm so glad I have someone else to change diapers. My husband has started letting Ethan's butt air dry and yes, he has pooped on his daddy's arm. Lol!
    This coronavirus is really scaring me! My husband is considered essential and he travels so I'm constantly on him about washing his hands.
    I want to go to the store one last time to pick up supplies and then just stay away from everyone unless it's absolutely necessary.
    Ethan and I have been staying home. I'm not too confident about how his head rests in his car seat so I just don't go anywhere.
    Glad you are doing well. Have you gotten peed on yet?

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    Glad you are doing well. Have you gotten peed on yet?
    I haven't been "peed on" per se, but he has started peeing during diaper changes.
    Right now, we're covering his penis with tissue paper (which is going to be a rare commodity eventually) which helps absorb it and sometimes when we're lucky that's the only thing that gets wet. Otherwise, we have to change his clothes after diapering.
    He also projectile poops sometimes. That's fun.

I came back to finish while my husband changed Ethan's diaper, but I guess I don't have anything else to say.
    I hope you all are doing well and staying safe during this craziness!

Congratulations on the new bb!

Quote Originally Posted by of_corpse_not View Post
    Congratulations on the new bb!
    Thank you!

I'm SO happy that you're okay! Your whole tone shows more confidence this time so I'm very happy to hear it. You're going to be an awesome Mom and especially with the circumstances right now. You seem to be taking the bull by the horns and it makes me smile. If you ever need to vent, we're here

Congrats momma, you got this!!

I took Zoloft while I was pregnant with both my kids and while breastfeeding. My doc didn't have any concerns. Trust your instincts and do what feels right for you.

Boy mom tip: when you about to change his diaper, open the front of the diaper for like 2 seconds and then cover him back up with it. That lil bit of cool air will make him pee so wait a min before you pull the diaper off. He will pee in the diaper and not on you.
    I can be your *ADDICTION* if you wanna get hooked on something!!

Thread Information