Thread: Pat Ward (69) died from stroke after 911 dispatcher refuses to send help

Pat Ward (69) died from stroke after 911 dispatcher refuses to send help

https://www.wcpo.com/news/local-news...-stroke-victim

No name released yet for the victim, so I'm putting it here. This infuriates me!

https://www.wcpo.com/news/local-news...-stroke-victim

A 911 call-taker refused to send emergency help to a College Hill man experiencing an apparent stroke the night of Jan. 12.

On Jan. 13, the man was dead and a new 911 call arrived from his neighbor, demanding emergency services at least help remove the body from their apartment complex.
    Last edited by raisedbywolves; 11-23-2022 at 09:49 AM.

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    What the actual fuck?! So, when someone is unconscious having a heart attack, they won't send someone because the actual patient didn't ask for help? Fuck that noise. That 911 operator should be brought up on charges.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

Fire that fool!

Of course this happens here

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

I have no words. This is difficult to read. I think if I was calling for help and got a 911 operator like this, I would hang up and call back. I feel like this is such gross dereliction of duty that there must be some charges the dispatcher could be brought up on, but I doubt it. I mean, somebody died because of the incompetence.
    You are talking to a woman who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom and chuckled at catastrophe.
    ...Collector of Chairs. Reader of Books. Hater of Nutmeg...

Why didn't the neighbor drag this man to the hospital?!
    Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    I don't have a thousand dollars hanging around to buy a fart in a jar lol.

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/new...ke/5022512002/

911 center call-taker fired after not sending help for man having apparent stroke
    Kevin Grasha
    Sharon Coolidge
    Cincinnati Enquirer

Patrick Ward
    The Cincinnati 911 center call-taker who didn't send help for a 69-year-old man after a neighbor told her the man would die has been fired, two city sources told The Enquirer.

Sherri Willis was suspended over her handling of the Jan. 12 call, during which a neighbor of Patrick Ward told her Ward had suffered a stroke, that it was "an emergency," and twice said Ward was "gonna die."

During the nearly eight-minute call, the neighbor said that Ward – a Navy veteran who had multiple health issues – might not accept help. Willis went back and forth with the neighbor, telling him that first-responders could not "force themselves on him." She also told the neighbor to explain to Ward "why he needs help."

Near the end of the call, Willis suggested the neighbor contact a doctor and "let them know what's going on."

City Manager Patrick Duhaney told city council members in a March 2 email that Willis' response to an apparent medical emergency could "best be described as a serious neglect of duty."

Duhaney said Willis' training would have stated that a person experiencing what appears to be a stroke "must receive an immediate response that is not subject to delay."

Willis had been on the job less than two years. She had been suspended with pay, pending the outcome of a disciplinary process.

Duhaney said there were three 911 calls regarding Ward in the days before Jan. 12. Ward's neighbors told The Enquirer that a police officer came to the College Hill apartment building on Jan. 12, talked with Ward and then left, apparently because Ward refused help.

Ward was refusing help, neighbor Mark Todd told The Enquirer, because his biggest fear was being sent to a nursing home.

"The fact they wouldn’t come help him, really, really, really bugs the (expletive) out of me," Todd said.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    I don't have a thousand dollars hanging around to buy a fart in a jar lol.

Thread Information