Thread: Tasha Vandiver (46) and Gerald Walton (21) were found dead after a house fire; Candace Walton (16) was arrested on 2 counts of murder and arson

Tasha Vandiver (46) and Gerald Walton (21) were found dead after a house fire; Candace Walton (16) was arrested on 2 counts of murder and arson

I am assuming the unidentified body is the missing mom, Tasha. If anything comes up different I will change the header.

https://www.ajc.com/news/crime--law/...VyivWdg2rQkpO/

A 16-year-old girl from Middle Georgia was found in Kentucky, hours after a fire ripped through her home and killed two people.

The teenager now faces arson and murder charges.

Candace Walton, 16, faces two counts of murder, a count of arson and multiple counts of theft by taking following the deadly house fire Thursday morning, Monroe County Sheriff?s Office spokeswoman Anna Lewis told AJC.com. Kentucky authorities pulled over Walton in her mother?s stolen car later Thursday, leading to her arrest.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime...id=mailsignout

http://mydeathspace.com/article/2020...rder_and_arson
    Last edited by raisedbywolves; 11-17-2022 at 01:59 PM.

Shades of.... Rachel Waterman? I dunno, we've had too many cases of matri-/patri-/parricide to count. During my teen years, I had a very contentious relationship with my mother. It was ugly and there were times I really felt I hated her (mutual, I'm sure), but geezus, killing her never crossed my mind - which turned out to be a good thing because we're very close today.

I really hope this was something like heat of the moment or even self defense, because a 16yo girl plotting the murder of her family is particularly disturbing to me, even in the morbid setting of true crime. [Warning: Totally Sexist Comment Ahead] In my world, angry teenage boys do this kind of shit in uncontrollable drug/alcohol fueled hormonal rages. It's not the calculated work of pretty prom queens or average looking choir girls... only it IS!!! And when teenage girls plan murder, they seem to be astonishingly cold and detached from their crime, often having others do their dirty work. There is a soullessness about it that I find particularly unsettling - like finding a bloody finger in your french fries. Screws with my head.
    You are talking to a woman who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom and chuckled at catastrophe.
    ...Collector of Chairs. Reader of Books. Hater of Nutmeg...

Tasha Vandiver's FB: https://www.facebook.com/tasha.vandi...&fref=mentions

Her intro:
    Life is perfect with my kids and granddaughter and God. Dont need no one else. I love y'all.

Tasha's cousin, Roxie Gibson, posted two heartbreaking updates - one on her own fb page and another on the page of Martha Vandiver (relationship unknown). Tasha seems like a loving mother and Gerald was disabled. This is every bit as awful as I feared, an unimaginable horror for this poor family. Soulless. The scariest kind of evil.

Roxie Michelle Gibson is feeling heartbroken.
    February 28 at 10:43 AM ?
    Very heartbroken over the loss of my cousin Tasha Vandiver and her son Gerald. This tragedy has hit like a nightmare that doesn't seem real. In our last recent phone conversation, we discussed a lot but mostly "our children". I never dreamed that it would be the last call. We were both always posting food and her last words to me on messenger were "I can smell your spaghetti and I won't some". My last words to her were "I love you". I have more questions than answers of what happened to them and it breaks my heart that their gone. One loss is unbearable, but two young lives is just beyond imaginable. Please keep the family in prayer and never take a day for granite. Be kind and may every talk end with "I love you". Rest in Peace 😢 God comfort everyone during this very tragic time.

Martha Lois Vandiver
    Yesterday at 8:27 AM ?
    I'm so broken hearted over the loss of Tasha and Gerald. I can't believe that her 16 year old daughter is responsible for killing them. In our last conversation Tasha told me that Candice was giving her a difficult time over guys. Tasha quoted "She doesn't realize how beautiful she is Roxie and, she could do better." So many times you've told me the same thing, warned me and told me NO. I got mad, I felt like you were just being mean and now I know that I could've avoided a lot of pain by listening to my Mama. The boy's and I have issues sometimes and at one point, they've both said they hated me but it was out of anger. I couldn't imagine them hurting me or me hurting them. My only advice to Tasha was it's normal for girls and boys to push their limits, stand firm and someday Candice would understand why. Less than a month later she has murdered her Mom and brother. 😢 I can't and don't won't to imagine what they endured. I know their with you now in Heaven and Candice will be tried as an adult for two counts of murder, arson, and theft. Most likely she'll be in prison forever and she should be. Anyone capable of murdering their Mom and disabled brother, doesn't belong in society. It's just too much to bare and I wish that I had said something more helpful to Tasha. She loved her daughter and was just trying to be a good Mom. Please tell Tasha that I love her and I'm sorry that I failed her but, no one could've seen this coming. RIP Tasha & Gerald.
    Last edited by KimTisha; 03-01-2020 at 05:30 PM.
    You are talking to a woman who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom and chuckled at catastrophe.
    ...Collector of Chairs. Reader of Books. Hater of Nutmeg...

Quote Originally Posted by KimTisha View Post
    During my teen years, I had a very contentious relationship with my mother. It was ugly and there were times I really felt I hated her (mutual, I'm sure), but geezus, killing her never crossed my mind - which turned out to be a good thing because we're very close today.
    I had some major Mommy issues too but IMHO, I was blessed with the best Daddy God ever put on this earth. I tried more than once to make it better, but I guess she wasn't capable of meeting me halfway, although my family says she loved me. Now, I may never really know. Despite all this, I would NEVER and NEVER even thought about murder. That's beyond wrong.

Months later, boyfriend also charged with murder for deaths of Georgia teen's mother, brother

https://www.wjcl.com/article/months-...other/32574336

Authorities say Candace Walton, 16, killed her brother and mother in Georgia and then started driving to meet her boyfriend in Oregon. Now the boyfriend is also facing murder charges.

ROSEBURG, Ore. (AP) — The boyfriend of a Georgia teen charged with killing her mother and brother in a house fire was also arrested in connection with their deaths.

The 17-year-old boyfriend was arrested Thursday afternoon after investigators in Georgia and Oregon found evidence connecting him to the deaths, the Monroe County Sheriff’s Office said in a Facebook post. The 17-year-old, who lives in Oregon, will have extradition hearings to face murder charges in Georgia, the sheriff’s office said.

Investigators said his girlfriend, Candance Walton, set fire to the home near Forsyth on Feb. 27. She was extradited from Kentucky in March on arson and murder charges after her brother, Gerald Walton, and mother, Tasha Vandiver, were found dead after the fire.

Candance Walton, 16, told officers she was on her way to Oregon after they pulled her over in Paducah, Kentucky, that same day while driving her mother’s 2007 Chevrolet Malibu.

Monroe County Sheriff Brad Freeman told The Telegraph of Macon in March that deputies believed Walton was on her way to Oregon to see her boyfriend. The sheriff said authorities also found “incriminating things” after searching her car.

Juveniles age 13 and older in Georgia are automatically charged as adults when they are charged with murder and some other crimes.

Deputies did not provide information on the evidence they used to charge the 17-year-old in the case.

It was not immediately clear if either suspects had lawyers who could comment on their behalf.

Do they know how they died? Was it due to the fire or were they killed before? Hm...

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    Do they know how they died? Was it due to the fire or were they killed before? Hm...
    When I made an article last night I looked and looked for this info and could never find it, so I put it down as "undetermined".

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    When I made an article last night I looked and looked for this info and could never find it, so I put it down as "undetermined".
    I wonder if they are withholding it for now.

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

It's one thing when these kids kill their parents (not suggesting that the killing of parents is acceptable or understandable, in most cases), but it really gets me when they kill a sibling, as well. That feels extra EXTRA evil to me.

From earlier this year:

https://www.wjcl.com/article/candace...orgia/38969763

Georgia teen sentenced to life in prison for the murder of her mother, brother

Thread Information