Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 131

Thread: Foods you miss

  1. #26
    Senior Member puzzld's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    18,878
    Rep Power
    21474867
    I miss Shakey's! They used to have a great buffet. Chicken, Pizza and all the trimmings.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

  2. #27
    Senior Member Angiebla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    10,944
    Rep Power
    21474854
    Every good restaurant around where I live gets shut down. Apparently people were complaining at a lot of places, and got free food, and the restaurants lost money and closed.

    We don’t even have a fucking Red Lobster or Friday’s. Only an Outback I’m surprised it’s still here to be honest.

    So I miss all the restaurants and all the food

    "The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

  3. #28
    It was aliens raisedbywolves's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    15,038
    Rep Power
    21474859
    Quote Originally Posted by puzzld View Post
    I miss Shakey's! They used to have a great buffet. Chicken, Pizza and all the trimmings.
    Yay, finally someone who doesn't look at me like I made them up when I mention Shakey's! Their mojos were great too! The last time I had them I was 17, took the kids I always babysat there in the big town next to our little town. Next time I tried to go there the place was boarded up.

  4. #29
    It was aliens raisedbywolves's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    15,038
    Rep Power
    21474859
    Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    Every good restaurant around where I live gets shut down. Apparently people were complaining at a lot of places, and got free food, and the restaurants lost money and closed.

    We don’t even have a fucking Red Lobster or Friday’s. Only an Outback I’m surprised it’s still here to be honest.

    So I miss all the restaurants and all the food
    Wow, that's bad! We have all of those, and we are a podunk little town.

  5. #30
    Senior Member Angiebla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    10,944
    Rep Power
    21474854
    Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    Wow, that's bad! We have all of those, and we are a podunk little town.
    I’m still depressed that the Old Navy was shut down due to shop lifting. We don’t have any department stores either. I live in a shithole.

    "The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

  6. #31
    It was aliens raisedbywolves's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    15,038
    Rep Power
    21474859
    Viennetta ice cream

  7. #32
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    11,444
    Rep Power
    10357916
    Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    Does anyone remember Shakey's Pizza?
    Holy shit! Best pepperoni pizza in the world!

  8. #33
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    11,444
    Rep Power
    10357916
    They still have shakey's in Cali.

  9. #34
    Senior Member puzzld's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    18,878
    Rep Power
    21474867
    Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    Yay, finally someone who doesn't look at me like I made them up when I mention Shakey's! Their mojos were great too! The last time I had them I was 17, took the kids I always babysat there in the big town next to our little town. Next time I tried to go there the place was boarded up.
    Yessss! The mojos were good. Roomie loved the corn fritters too. There are still a few Shakey's left in California and Washington. Ours closed years ago. :( We do have Pizza Ranch. They are kind of similar. The chicken and pizza are good, but the mojos and other salad bar stuff doesn't measure up.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

  10. #35
    Senior Member KimTisha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Somewhere Over the Rainbow
    Posts
    5,792
    Rep Power
    10343593
    Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    Every good restaurant around where I live gets shut down. Apparently people were complaining at a lot of places, and got free food, and the restaurants lost money and closed.
    ???? Do you live in SC? I saw this in action in SC and the manager of the Longhorn's told me it's a thing. I didn't know it was a thing. Crazy.
    You are talking to a woman who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom and chuckled at catastrophe.
    ...Collector of Chairs. Reader of Books. Hater of Nutmeg...

  11. #36
    Senior Member Nic B's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Sacramento, California
    Posts
    7,629
    Rep Power
    21474853
    Never heard of Shakeys. I think we have such basic restaurants here.....unless you go to downtown Sac, which I never do cuz it scares me ha ha.


    Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??

  12. #37
    It was aliens raisedbywolves's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    15,038
    Rep Power
    21474859
    Quote Originally Posted by S281Saleen160 View Post
    They still have shakey's in Cali.
    Quote Originally Posted by puzzld View Post
    Yessss! The mojos were good. Roomie loved the corn fritters too. There are still a few Shakey's left in California and Washington. Ours closed years ago. :( We do have Pizza Ranch. They are kind of similar. The chicken and pizza are good, but the mojos and other salad bar stuff doesn't measure up.
    According to their website they still have locations in California, Washington and Mexico. Road trip!

    https://www.shakeys.com/restaurant-locations/

  13. #38
    What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Under your bed
    Posts
    17,346
    Rep Power
    21474861
    Don't be jealous, but we have Shakey's everywhere out here.....
    Never tried it, but might now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Miller22 View Post
    I thought the exact same thing. Poor Brennen Tammons.
    Oh well, back to gum.
    ....or exchanging Puke's wang for spicy nuts.
    Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post
    I know, right? What the fuck, puke? Willing to take in Boston, an Irish dude and like, 17 dogs but not Ron? poor Ron.

  14. #39
    It was aliens raisedbywolves's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    15,038
    Rep Power
    21474859
    Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    Don't be jealous, but we have Shakey's everywhere out here.....
    Never tried it, but might now.
    So if we all come out there for Shakey's, can we stay with you?

  15. #40
    It was aliens raisedbywolves's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    15,038
    Rep Power
    21474859
    There was a little family run Mexican food and BBQ restaurant in the town I grew up in that had the best chile rellenos ever! All their food was exceptional, but the chiles were mind blowing. I have tried chile rellenos all over the world and none compare or even come close. They made them differently than most people do. I miss them so much, and now the restaurant went out of business after like 40 years. I will never get to have them againl

  16. #41
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    11,444
    Rep Power
    10357916
    Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    According to their website they still have locations in California, Washington and Mexico. Road trip!

    https://www.shakeys.com/restaurant-locations/
    I don't know about anyone else's Shakeys but ours had the piano that played itself. That shit scared me when I was little. LoL

  17. #42
    Senior Member KimTisha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Somewhere Over the Rainbow
    Posts
    5,792
    Rep Power
    10343593
    Quote Originally Posted by S281Saleen160 View Post
    I don't know about anyone else's Shakeys but ours had the piano that played itself. That shit scared me when I was little. LoL
    Now that's funny. Because, while I was fascinated by player pianos and thought them magical; you viewed them with fear and suspicion. It says something about both of us, I'm just not sure what.
    You are talking to a woman who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom and chuckled at catastrophe.
    ...Collector of Chairs. Reader of Books. Hater of Nutmeg...

  18. #43
    What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Under your bed
    Posts
    17,346
    Rep Power
    21474861
    Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    So if we all come out there for Shakey's, can we stay with you?
    Sure thing! I'm sure the Hubby wouldn't mind a crowd of Death Loving maniacs in the house. We'll have a party and invite the coroner over
    Quote Originally Posted by Miller22 View Post
    I thought the exact same thing. Poor Brennen Tammons.
    Oh well, back to gum.
    ....or exchanging Puke's wang for spicy nuts.
    Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post
    I know, right? What the fuck, puke? Willing to take in Boston, an Irish dude and like, 17 dogs but not Ron? poor Ron.

  19. #44
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    11,444
    Rep Power
    10357916
    The mention of Shakey's was really great, it brought back so many memories.....so many....and it put a huge smile on my face.

    I have another place that was special for me as a kid, Farrell's Ice Cream Parlour. Did any of you have a Farrell's in your city?

  20. #45
    Senior Member Deviant Toaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Cracker Hole
    Posts
    10,095
    Rep Power
    21474860
    Lime Starburst & these delightful candy bars.


    So many fun times here:


    Because I am not in the area for the last few years (I can not wait to get back) I really really miss this place and its food that would probably make me hurl now. Chili Cheeseburger come to mama! lol



    RBW I now want some Shakeys potato wedge/slice things. I don't remember what they call them but damn they are good!

  21. #46
    It was aliens raisedbywolves's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    15,038
    Rep Power
    21474859
    Quote Originally Posted by Deviant Toaster View Post
    [CENTER]

    RBW I now want some Shakeys potato wedge/slice things. I don't remember what they call them but damn they are good!

    Mojo's! I will add you to the road trip list and make sure BB73 has room for you in her casa de MDS peeps.

  22. #47
    Senior Member Deviant Toaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Cracker Hole
    Posts
    10,095
    Rep Power
    21474860
    Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    Mojo's! I will add you to the road trip list and make sure BB73 has room for you in her casa de MDS peeps.
    Works for me! One day BB73's band and my band can go on a shakeys sponsored tour. The MDS/Mojo after parties will be off the hook.

  23. #48
    What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Under your bed
    Posts
    17,346
    Rep Power
    21474861
    Quote Originally Posted by Deviant Toaster View Post
    Works for me! One day BB73's band and my band can go on a shakeys sponsored tour. The MDS/Mojo after parties will be off the hook.
    I'M DOWN!
    Quote Originally Posted by Miller22 View Post
    I thought the exact same thing. Poor Brennen Tammons.
    Oh well, back to gum.
    ....or exchanging Puke's wang for spicy nuts.
    Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post
    I know, right? What the fuck, puke? Willing to take in Boston, an Irish dude and like, 17 dogs but not Ron? poor Ron.

  24. #49
    Senior Member nclexusgirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    885
    Rep Power
    21474848
    Shakeys pizza had the best seafood pizza ever. I was young so I don't remember what all was on it but it had a white sauce (wasn't tangy like ranch) and was sooo good
    I can be your *ADDICTION* if you wanna get hooked on something!!

  25. #50
    It was aliens raisedbywolves's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    15,038
    Rep Power
    21474859
    Quote Originally Posted by Deviant Toaster View Post
    Works for me! One day BB73's band and my band can go on a shakeys sponsored tour. The MDS/Mojo after parties will be off the hook.
    Tell us more about you band!

    Quote Originally Posted by nclexusgirl View Post
    Shakeys pizza had the best seafood pizza ever. I was young so I don't remember what all was on it but it had a white sauce (wasn't tangy like ranch) and was sooo good
    Ok, so we will add your name to the Shakey's band tour expo at BB73's house!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •