Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Thread: Foods you miss

I think the pickle chips I got when I was prego were Lay's.

I still miss Wendy's caesar pitas!!!

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    You can order them pretty much anywhere, they area flavor from Ruffles:

https://www.target.com/p/xxl-ruffles...E&gclsrc=aw.ds
    I think you're forgetting where I live now, Nic. Target doesn't ship internationally

Trust me. I have looked high and low and everywhere in between for dill pickles in this country and they literally do not exist. Much less Ruffles. Amazon UK is selling them for about ?110 per jar lol.
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    I think you're forgetting where I live now, Nic. Target doesn't ship internationally

Trust me. I have looked high and low and everywhere in between for dill pickles in this country and they literally do not exist. Much less Ruffles. Amazon UK is selling them for about ?110 per jar lol.
    What in the world, Nic?

I just sent a link so you can see what they looked like, my bad! Didn't mean to say you can order from Target...

So where CAN you order from, Amazon?

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

I just sent a link so you can see what they looked like, my bad! Didn't mean to say you can order from Target...

So where CAN you order from, Amazon?
    There's an Amazon UK that we can order from. It has stuff that is available within the UK and Ireland of which Dill Pickles isn't one of those things American food is really hard to get here because they're strict about what goes in to the food. I can't get Crystal Light here either, but friends have sent me a bunch so I have enough for a few months. They have Doritos here, but they aren't the flavors or the same as in the States. I found Lays potato chips in a Polish shop in Ennis, but it's about a 45 minute drive one way to get them. I'm able to order Bed Head shampoos and Conditioners through Amazon. There really isn't much that I REALLY want that are American brands, but pickles are a definite thing that I miss. That, good pizza, Cheetos and foods not being sugary instead of savory all of the time. Like the salad dressings. Candy here is FAR superior to America so I don't miss that. I've found my new favorite potato chips and desserts. Mexican food. That's non existent and so are pepperocinis. They have hot peppers here, but I loved me some Pepperocinis on my sandwiches.

There's an Amazon UK that we can order from. It has stuff that is available within the UK and Ireland of which Dill Pickles isn't one of those things American food is really hard to get here because they're strict about what goes in to the food. I can't get Crystal Light here either, but friends have sent me a bunch so I have enough for a few months. They have Doritos here, but they aren't the flavors or the same as in the States. I found Lays potato chips in a Polish shop in Ennis, but it's about a 45 minute drive one way to get them. I'm able to order Bed Head shampoos and Conditioners through Amazon. There really isn't much that I REALLY want that are American brands, but pickles are a definite thing that I miss. That, good pizza, Cheetos and foods not being sugary instead of savory all of the time. Like the salad dressings. Candy here is FAR superior to America so I don't miss that. I've found my new favorite potato chips and desserts. Mexican food. That's non existent and so are pepperocinis. They have hot peppers here, but I loved me some Pepperocinis on my sandwiches.
    That's the cool thing about not getting the usual stuff you are used to, you get to try new things and find new favs!

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

What are you talking about? I heard Ireland is the best place to get Mexican food.
    Gooble goble gooble goble one of us one of us. t(-_-)t

On the bright side, you should be able to get great Indian and Pakistani food. The kebabs in England were out of this world and I assume it would be the same in Ireland.

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    On the bright side, you should be able to get great Indian and Pakistani food. The kebabs in England were out of this world and I assume it would be the same in Ireland.
    YES! If you're looking for authentic Indian and Pakistani food this is the place. At least in the cities. There's a place in the village, but it isn't great Asian food is lacking which makes me sad, but that just means that I'm going to have to try to learn how to make my own which should me l be a fun journey.

Much to my delight, I found fresh pasta and a tub of fresh pesto sauce for dinner tonight! I take one bite and realize that the sauce?

SUGAR

SERIOUSLY?! IN PESTO SAUCE? It was totally sweet and spicy at the same time. It wasn't Pesto, I can tell you that much. I thought I was safe with this one. I was wrong.

Double. So I'll just say this.

DICK TIPS

Double. So I'll just say this.

DICK TIPS
    Wait you miss eating dick tips

My mom is currently making some pickles herself. I can get the recipe for you.

Also with all that sugar does everyone there have the betes?

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Much to my delight, I found fresh pasta and a tub of fresh pesto sauce for dinner tonight! I take one bite and realize that the sauce?

SUGAR

SERIOUSLY?! IN PESTO SAUCE? It was totally sweet and spicy at the same time. It wasn't Pesto, I can tell you that much. I thought I was safe with this one. I was wrong.
    Why would there be sugar in pesto sauce? That should be illegal.

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    Wait you miss eating dick tips

My mom is currently making some pickles herself. I can get the recipe for you.

Also with all that sugar does everyone there have the betes?
    She doesn't have the right kind of cucumbers to make pickles unfortunately.

I cant quote you RBW but thats a bummer. I must have missed that.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

I cant quote you RBW but thats a bummer. I must have missed that.
    Yeah, they only have English Cucumbers here, but I plan on growing my own next year and making my own.

In the meantime, I've ordered a couple of jars of Vlassic from an American import shop here so they should arrive in a couple of days. However, that's costly and especially when I can finish a jar in one sitting I'm going to have to learn to portion them out.

Yeah, they only have English Cucumbers here, but I plan on growing my own next year and making my own.

In the meantime, I've ordered a couple of jars of Vlassic from an American import shop here so they should arrive in a couple of days. However, that's costly and especially when I can finish a jar in one sitting I'm going to have to learn to portion them out.
    Have you tried any of the pouches or portable packages? It seems like they might ship better and be lighter too. I don't know if any of these will ship to Europe, but ... https://smile.amazon.com/Evaxo-Dilly...%2C204&sr=8-11

If the link doesn't work the brands are Evaxo, Oh Snap, and Mt Olive that I know of that have pouches and the snack pack type packages.

*ugh upon further review, they OH Snap ones don't travel as well as one would hope as they need to be kept refrigerated. Bummer.
    Last edited by puzzld; 09-03-2022 at 08:03 AM.
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

Quote Originally Posted by puzzld View Post
    Have you tried any of the pouches or portable packages? It seems like they might ship better and be lighter too. I don't know if any of these will ship to Europe, but ... https://smile.amazon.com/Evaxo-Dilly...%2C204&sr=8-11

If the link doesn't work the brands are Evaxo, Oh Snap, and Mt Olive that I know of that have pouches and the snack pack type packages.

*ugh upon further review, they OH Snap ones don't travel as well as one would hope as they need to be kept refrigerated. Bummer.
    Yeah, they don't travel well and weigh a lot. So it's not like friends can just send me some without it costing an arm and a leg and even at that, the jar could break, lid leak etc. Contaminated pickles can kill you lol. Crystal Light pouches? YES. That will travel and keep forever and doesn't weigh much. Pickles? Not so much. They're just a difficult thing all around. I'll figure it out though. Just ration what I can get from American import shops and next year I'll be canning them like fuck.

Huy Fong Siracha and chili garlic sauce

Grits with lots of butter and scrambled eggs mixed in. I haven't had it in probably 40 years.....I think I'll make some tomorrow morning.

I still miss Wendy's Caeser pitas!

Quote Originally Posted by S281Saleen160 View Post
    Grits with lots of butter and scrambled eggs mixed in. I haven't had it in probably 40 years.....I think I'll make some tomorrow morning.
    Sounds like you need a trip to the South.

I still miss Wendy's Caeser pitas!
    They were so good! I also liked the chicken pita from Roy Rogers (long time ago). They were so yummy.

Gumbo. I'll have to mke some before summer.

I'll join in, someone probably already said these because they were that good but .. Choco-Tacos.
    Marshmallow here is the one I liken to Ed Gein... Originally Posted by Heartbroken1

Thread Information