Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13
Results 301 to 319 of 319

Thread: Foods you miss

  1. #301
    Moderator puzzld's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    21,310
    Rep Power
    21474873
    Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    All the restaurants here are desperate for help. It's crazy.

    I'm really surprised any buffet restaurant is still in business. I have no idea how Golden Corral is operating.
    I can't believe the number of people who are eating at buffets here! Golden Corral is busy and Pizza Ranch are both busy. We drive up to pick up a pizza now and then, but won't darken their door.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

  2. #302
    Moderator raisedbywolves's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    23,895
    Rep Power
    21474869
    I gave up on any local stores ever carrying the gyro meat again, including Sams, and ordered some from Amazon. Now I am back to having delicious gyros at home again!

  3. #303
    What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Under your bed
    Posts
    21,798
    Rep Power
    21474867
    Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    I gave up on any local stores ever carrying the gyro meat again, including Sams, and ordered some from Amazon. Now I am back to having delicious gyros at home again!
    Quote Originally Posted by Miller22 View Post
    I thought the exact same thing. Poor Brennen Tammons.
    Oh well, back to gum.
    ....or exchanging Puke's wang for spicy nuts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.

  4. #304
    Senior Member Bewitchingstorm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    Posts
    8,793
    Rep Power
    21474852
    Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    I gave up on any local stores ever carrying the gyro meat again, including Sams, and ordered some from Amazon. Now I am back to having delicious gyros at home again!
    I love gyros. Which one did you order from Amazon?

  5. #305
    Moderator raisedbywolves's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    23,895
    Rep Power
    21474869
    Quote Originally Posted by Bewitchingstorm View Post
    I love gyros. Which one did you order from Amazon?
    This is what I ordered. It's delicious, just a huge order. I would suggest splitting with a friend and you will have to re-package it.

    https://www.amazon.com/Kronos-Frozen...s%2C113&sr=8-3

  6. #306
    Senior Member curiouscat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    2,361
    Rep Power
    21474847
    Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    All the restaurants here are desperate for help. It's crazy.

    I'm really surprised any buffet restaurant is still in business. I have no idea how Golden Corral is operating.
    They're not. My Golden Corral closed. They opened up one of those Hungry Crabs in its place.
    I will never eat at any chain restaurants called Juicy Crab, Hungry Crab, or Crazy Crab that serves low country boils in a bag. They're always overpriced and overcooked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    I don't have a thousand dollars hanging around to buy a fart in a jar lol.

  7. #307
    Moderator raisedbywolves's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    23,895
    Rep Power
    21474869
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    They're not. My Golden Corral closed. They opened up one of those Hungry Crabs in its place.
    I will never eat at any chain restaurants called Juicy Crab, Hungry Crab, or Crazy Crab that serves low country boils in a bag. They're always overpriced and overcooked.
    I like seafood, but that sounds gross.

  8. #308
    Senior Member Bewitchingstorm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    Posts
    8,793
    Rep Power
    21474852
    Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    This is what I ordered. It's delicious, just a huge order. I would suggest splitting with a friend and you will have to re-package it.

    https://www.amazon.com/Kronos-Frozen...s%2C113&sr=8-3
    Wow, that is a lot, but a really good price. Do you make your own T sauce?

  9. #309
    Moderator raisedbywolves's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    23,895
    Rep Power
    21474869
    Quote Originally Posted by Bewitchingstorm View Post
    Wow, that is a lot, but a really good price. Do you make your own T sauce?
    Yeah, it's super simple, basically just yogurt, spices, and cucumber. I get really good pitas at Sams. It's these pitas. http://villagebread.com/Home/Product...?ProductID=133

  10. #310
    Senior Member Bewitchingstorm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    Posts
    8,793
    Rep Power
    21474852
    Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    Yeah, it's super simple, basically just yogurt, spices, and cucumber. I get really good pitas at Sams. It's these pitas. http://villagebread.com/Home/Product...?ProductID=133
    I am going to start making my own gyros now. Thanks!!!

  11. #311
    Moderator raisedbywolves's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    23,895
    Rep Power
    21474869
    Quote Originally Posted by Bewitchingstorm View Post
    I am going to start making my own gyros now. Thanks!!!
    Yay! I hope you really enjoy the results!

  12. #312
    Moderator raisedbywolves's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    23,895
    Rep Power
    21474869
    I just found out that all of the Fuddruckers in Central Florida went out of business. I haven't eaten in Fuddruckers in forever, but I was craving it and now I am out of luck.

  13. #313
    Senior Member puke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Wheaton, IL
    Posts
    3,501
    Rep Power
    21474855
    Fuddruckers The one close to my house closed down a while back but there's stll one we go to but it's kind of a drive to get there.
    Gooble goble gooble goble one of us one of us.

  14. #314
    Scoopski Potatoes Nic B's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Sacramento, California
    Posts
    11,667
    Rep Power
    21474859
    Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    I just found out that all of the Fuddruckers in Central Florida went out of business. I haven't eaten in Fuddruckers in forever, but I was craving it and now I am out of luck.
    I had a friend in high school that worked there, we used to get free food! It closed down a while ago, haven't seen any other ones in my area...


    Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

  15. #315
    Moderator raisedbywolves's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    23,895
    Rep Power
    21474869
    Quote Originally Posted by puke View Post
    Fuddruckers The one close to my house closed down a while back but there's stll one we go to but it's kind of a drive to get there.
    The one we went to was kind of a drive to get to, but now all of them in my area are gone.

  16. #316
    Senior Member curiouscat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    2,361
    Rep Power
    21474847
    Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    I like seafood, but that sounds gross.
    The food is okay, but it's not worth the price. The last time we went to a crab place, my husband got two small clusters of king crab and two small potatoes in his low country boil. He was pissed!
    The crab place that just opened has a review grade of 2.8 and they opened at the end of January. I don't see them surviving a year.

    Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    Yeah, it's super simple, basically just yogurt, spices, and cucumber. I get really good pitas at Sams. It's these pitas. http://villagebread.com/Home/Product...?ProductID=133
    My husband loves the tzatziki sauce made by Boar's Head.

    Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    I just found out that all of the Fuddruckers in Central Florida went out of business. I haven't eaten in Fuddruckers in forever, but I was craving it and now I am out of luck.
    The next time, you come up my way, there's a Fuddruckers in Richmond Hill. I've only been to a Fuddruckers once. I don't understand why you go up to a counter to order, get your food, fill up your drink, you sit down, then some server comes over and tells you they'll be waiting on you. WTF?! I haven't been back, because of that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    I don't have a thousand dollars hanging around to buy a fart in a jar lol.

  17. #317
    Scoopski Potatoes Nic B's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Sacramento, California
    Posts
    11,667
    Rep Power
    21474859
    Fuddruckers had bomb chicken strips!


    Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

  18. #318
    Senior Member curiouscat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    2,361
    Rep Power
    21474847
    Yay! I'm glad it's back! I just bought Rain.

    https://guiltyeats.com/2022/03/11/re...pple-elements/
    Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    I don't have a thousand dollars hanging around to buy a fart in a jar lol.

  19. #319
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2022
    Posts
    5
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    Does anyone remember Shakey's Pizza?
    Oh yeaaaah, it was very tasty

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •