Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Foods you miss

Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Who are you?!
    LOL. I also cannot stand maple syrup. For years I thought I hated pancakes and french toast... cause mom always dumped a glob of that nasty stuff on my breakfast before giving me my plate. Vile. I quit even trying pancakes etc. cause I hated them. Imagine my surprise when I met a Belgian waffle with strawberries and cream. I tried it only to be polite and WOW! Oh, and Catsup, Mustard, Mayo, et al? Hate them all. Give me a nice burger with some cheese and pickles, and maybe a bit of bacon and I'm happy. Put slop on it?
    Last edited by puzzld; 05-12-2021 at 06:12 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

Quote Originally Posted by puzzld View Post
    LOL. I also cannot stand maple syrup. For years I thought I hated pancakes and french toast... cause mom always dumped a glob of that nasty stuff on my breakfast before giving me my plate. Vile. I quit even trying pancakes etc. cause I hated them. Imagine my surprise when I met a Belgian waffle with strawberries and cream. I tried it only to be polite and WOW! Oh, and Catsup, Mustard, Mayo, et al? Hate them all. Give me a nice burger with some cheese and pickles, and maybe a bit of bacon and I'm happy. Put slop on it?
    Doesn't the burger taste dry with no condiments on it? I can't stand mayo, but love ketchup and mustard on my burger!

Your pancake story is funny, that exact same thing happened with me but with salads. Growing up, I thought I hated salads. Turned out, I just hated the ranch my dad would put on it!

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    Doesn't the burger taste dry with no condiments on it? I can't stand mayo, but love ketchup and mustard on my burger!

Your pancake story is funny, that exact same thing happened with me but with salads. Growing up, I thought I hated salads. Turned out, I just hated the ranch my dad would put on it!
    Enough pickles will moisten it right up. Also Cheese! I almost never have just a hamburger, gotta have the cheese.

Yeah I was a little put off salads by Mom's French dressing. I'll eat it, but it's far from my favorite.
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.

Enough pickles will moisten it right up. Also Cheese! I almost never have just a hamburger, gotta have the cheese.

Yeah I was a little put off salads by Mom's French dressing. I'll eat it, but it's far from my favorite.
    Def cheese! I love my cheeseburgers from Carl's Jr, and I only let myself have it on a Saturday for lunch. A few times they forgot the cheese, so I get a slice from my fridge and put it on - cuz I won't have one without it! lol.

yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

I don't like mayo on burgers, only mustard and ketchup along with the other fixings. I will eat mayo in tuna or chicken salad, but that's about it.

We've had the olive discussion on here before, but for me there is no such thing as too many olives on a pizza!

I love pancakes, waffles, french toast with maple syrup. I have a little pancake with my maple syrup.

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    I don't like mayo on burgers, only mustard and ketchup along with the other fixings. I will eat mayo in tuna or chicken salad, but that's about it.

We've had the olive discussion on here before, but for me there is no such thing as too many olives on a pizza!

I love pancakes, waffles, french toast with maple syrup. I have a little pancake with my maple syrup.
    I you so much for this statement!

We need to meet! I love olives!
    I like chili and mustard on my hotdogs.
    Ketchup, mustard, pickles on my hamburgers.
    I love waffles and pancakes with maple syrup.
    Chocolate covered almonds and Coca-Cola (unfortunately) are my best friends.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    I don't have a thousand dollars hanging around to buy a fart in a jar lol.

I also am a coke drinker. Real sugar, real caffeine!

I approve of all of this...except I had to give up the Coke (I had switched to diet coke, but I love me some regular Coke) 5 years ago. I was a 12 pack a day drinker and I quit cold turkey because it was causing me horrible stomach pains.

Also, I just got an email from BJ's and I see they are carrying Dunkaroos.

I approve of all of this...except I had to give up the Coke (I had switched to diet coke, but I love me some regular Coke) 5 years ago. I was a 12 pack a day drinker and I quit cold turkey because it was causing me horrible stomach pains.

Also, I just got an email from BJ's and I see they are carrying Dunkaroos.
    12 sodas a day?! How were you able to eat after drinking that much liquid? lol. I don't even drink that much water!

I have to have my sugar free redbull in the morning. Then I may drink a water bottle, and that's about it.

12 sodas a day?! How were you able to eat after drinking that much liquid? lol. I don't even drink that much water!

I have to have my sugar free redbull in the morning. Then I may drink a water bottle, and that's about it.
    I probably drank more than that on any given day. I drink a lot in general, even now. I am constantly sipping on a bottle of water. My heart hurts even thinking about a red bull.

I probably drank more than that on any given day. I drink a lot in general, even now. I am constantly sipping on a bottle of water. My heart hurts even thinking about a red bull.
    Redbull is my coffee

Redbull is my coffee
    I can't drink coffee either. I'm a wuss. It makes my heart race.

I can't drink coffee either. I'm a wuss. It makes my heart race.
    That happens if I have too much caffeine. This morning I had a 20 oz redbull (starting at 5:30 am and am still working on it past noon) and I had one of those Starbucks doubleshot espresso's from the gas station (yum) and I am okay. If I had drank it too fast that would've been another story. I will get shaky from too much caffeine and yet still be tired and yawning.

That happens if I have too much caffeine. This morning I had a 20 oz redbull (starting at 5:30 am and am still working on it past noon) and I had one of those Starbucks doubleshot espresso's from the gas station (yum) and I am okay. If I had drank it too fast that would've been another story. I will get shaky from too much caffeine and yet still be tired and yawning.
    We drink tea, British style with milk and fake sugar, in the morning. I sometimes have iced tea but I have to watch it because we think that's why I became anemic last summer, so I try not to drink it within 2 hours of my meals. Boring, I know. Getting old sucks.

My two favorite restaurants (one Turkish and one Tex-Mex) went out of business recently. Other than McDonalds, it's getting where I have no reason to go out and eat anymore.

Mega M&M's

I coud eat a whole box of these in one sitting.

Quote Originally Posted by DevilzAdvocate View Post
    I coud eat a whole box of these in one sitting.
    They were the best! Also, you're telling me how old you are.

They were the best! Also, you're telling me how old you are.
    I was really young then... :)

Quote Originally Posted by DevilzAdvocate View Post
    I was really young then... :)
    I'm guessing you are in your mid 40's. Amiright?

We used to go to Ruby Tuesdays for their breakfast buffet. It was soooo good. But we don't eat out now, and certainly not a buffet that's as crowded as theirs always was.

We used to go to Ruby Tuesdays for their breakfast buffet. It was soooo good. But we don't eat out now, and certainly not a buffet that's as crowded as theirs always was.
    I didn't know they did a breakfast buffet. We used to eat at them up in VA when we lived there 15 years ago because they had Blue Bell ice cream and at the time you couldn't get it up there in the grocery stores. Our local Ruby Tuesdays went out of business during the pandemic.

I didn't know they did a breakfast buffet. We used to eat at them up in VA when we lived there 15 years ago because they had Blue Bell ice cream and at the time you couldn't get it up there in the grocery stores. Our local Ruby Tuesdays went out of business during the pandemic.
    ours is apparently still open, but their Facebook is full of help wanted ads and a gofundme for the former gm who seems to have some sort of life threatening thing going on.

But yes, best breakfast buffet I've seen.

ours is apparently still open, but their Facebook is full of help wanted ads and a gofundme for the former gm who seems to have some sort of life threatening thing going on.

But yes, best breakfast buffet I've seen.
    All the restaurants here are desperate for help. It's crazy.

I'm really surprised any buffet restaurant is still in business. I have no idea how Golden Corral is operating.

Thread Information