Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Foods you miss

Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    I still eat the pizza lunchables! And the ham or turkey ones with cheese and crackers.

I'm such a child.
    Feels good to be a child again! I keep a supply of those in my office fridge for snacks.

Quote Originally Posted by up2trouble View Post
    Feels good to be a child again! I keep a supply of those in my office fridge for snacks.
    It's easy for lunch at work. Just grab one and put it in the office fridge. Also, the small individual Caesar salads - that's what I have for lunch today!

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Granny's (mine) fried chicken - she would make me and my cousin a batch every Sunday. I would give up the Chick-Fil-A for Granny's.

McDonald's Cookies

Murray Coconut Bars - I lived in their city. At least once a month I would go to the Cookie Jar outlet where you could by the broken ones fresh off the production line for like 25 cents a pound.

Girls Scout cookies that had a shortbread with vanilla creme in one sleeve and chocolate with vanilla creme in the other sleeve.

Quote Originally Posted by S281Saleen160 View Post
    Nobody would give you shit for not liking peanut butter......most people dont like it and many others cant eat it.
    Unfortunately, I love it. However, I have developed an adult allergy to it ... bad enough to cause a couple of ER visits.

Unfortunately, I love it. However, I have developed an adult allergy to it ... bad enough to cause a couple of ER visits.
    I love it too......my fav. What happens to you if you eat it?

Quote Originally Posted by S281Saleen160 View Post
    I love it too......my fav. What happens to you if you eat it?
    1. Sometimes it comes out looking the way it did going in with hives in a place God never intended
    2. Uncontrollable, severe itching that occasionally comes with tingling lips
    3. Sometimes my body just says no and it comes out the front end as projectiles

1. Sometimes it comes out looking the way it did going in with hives in a place God never intended
    I didn't realize I could hate peanut butter even more than I did.

yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Oh fuck, goddamn. Please, do not eat peanut butter, please dont. LoL.

Owned by International Multifoods, Inc., Boston Sea Party was a chain of seafood high-end restaurants that started around 1976 during the U.S. Bicentennial.[1] This special occasion chain had a 1770s theme where waitresses wore floor length, colonial dress with ruffled mop caps. The menu consisted of an all you can eat seafood buffet with an entree choice of lobster, prime rib or fish. Most U.S. large convention cities enjoyed a Boston Sea Party. In Atlanta, the restaurant was located within the Buckhead community in a historic farmhouse with decor consisting of beautiful stain glass windows (from a former church), wine cellar, and one dining room with old, brick floors. It is unclear when the chain finally closed for good, although articles seem to indicate the last restaurants open were in the late 90s or early 2000s. One of these articles, by the Houston Business Journal in December 1994, reports Christmas party deposits lost due to the abrupt closing of the Westheimer location the month before. A related posting, also under this BSP search, is a review of the Houston company, Epic Group. The 2000 posting updates the location as a Molinas restaurant.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boston_Sea_Party

I miss Quiznos. They all closed in this area a few years ago. I love their Black Angus steakhouse and Honey Bourbon Chicken sandwiches.

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    I miss Quiznos. They all closed in this area a few years ago. I love their Black Angus steakhouse and Honey Bourbon Chicken sandwiches.
    I loved them too and same. I don't see any locations here anymore these days. The Black Angus rocked.
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

My husband recently discovered a Quiznos at a gas station in Kingsland, GA. I know you live in Florida so hopefully that's not too far from you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    I don't have a thousand dollars hanging around to buy a fart in a jar lol.

I miss warm food. ��
    Everytime I try to eat, my son wakes up and wants to eat.

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    My favorite pizza from my favorite pizza shop. We're trying to be extra careful so not eating anything that we don't have full control over being prepared. Also, eating out costs too much right now. We're supposed to make our own pizza this week, but we don't have a brick oven like the place I love. I haven't had pizza in almost two months. I can't wait to have it again.
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

Furr's Cafeteria Millionaire pie. Good stuff!

My husband recently discovered a Quiznos at a gas station in Kingsland, GA. I know you live in Florida so hopefully that's not too far from you.
    When we head north to visit family, we always spend the night coming and going in Kingsland so I can eat at my favorite restaurant.

You are talking to a woman who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom and chuckled at catastrophe.
    ...Collector of Chairs. Reader of Books. Hater of Nutmeg...

Quote Originally Posted by KimTisha View Post
    When we head north to visit family, we always spend the night coming and going in Kingsland so I can eat at my favorite restaurant.

I'll have to check that place out one day.

Missing lasagna I got once on a road trip (can't even recall that diner's name). But that was really great stuff. As I opened myself as a foodie, I want to cook it myself. Looking for some lasagna recipes now - will appreciate any help on that.

Due to this shelter in place and having a baby, I miss being able to go out to restaurants.
    Right now, I'd like a cheesecake from The Cheesecake Factory.

Chicken parm from Strings! Mmmmmm.

I'll have to check that place out one day.
    Are you near there, CCat? It's definitely not a fancy place, but I love their steam pots and hubs likes the cat fish.
    You are talking to a woman who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom and chuckled at catastrophe.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanetaer View Post
    Missing lasagna I got once on a road trip (can't even recall that diner's name). But that was really great stuff. As I opened myself as a foodie, I want to cook it myself. Looking for some lasagna recipes now - will appreciate any help on that.
    Welcome, Vanetaer! I don't cook, so can't help with the lasagna. I would order something like that from an Italian restaurant.

Quote Originally Posted by KimTisha View Post
    Are you near there, CCat? It's definitely not a fancy place, but I love their steam pots and hubs likes the cat fish.
    Yes, I go to Kingsland every so often. I haven't been there recently since having a baby, but I'll definitely try to make it out there for their steam pots.

Oh and cinnabons from the Pilot. I miss those!

Quote Originally Posted by puke View Post
    This place, the one by our house closed a few years back.
    https://sweettomatoes.com/
    Sorry Puke, you're out of luck. They are closing all of them.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/comp...id=mailsignout

Souplantation, the popular buffet-style dining brand founded in San Diego 42 years ago, is closing all of its restaurants permanently, a casualty of the coronavirus pandemic that is likely to be the death knell for all self-serve eateries.

The permanent shuttering of the 97 restaurants was announced Thursday following weeks of efforts to salvage San Diego-based Garden Fresh Restaurants, the parent company of Souplantation and Sweet Tomatoes, which operates outside of Southern California. The closing will mean lost jobs for 4,400 employees.

?The FDA had previously put out recommendations that included discontinuing self-serve stations, like self-serve beverages in fast food, but they specifically talked about salad bars and buffets,? said John Haywood, CEO of Garden Fresh. ?The regulations are understandable, but unfortunately, it makes it very difficult to reopen. And I?m not sure the health departments are ever going to allow it.

?We could?ve overcome any other obstacle, and we?ve worked for eight weeks to overcome these intermittent financial challenges but it doesn?t work if we are not allowed to continue our model.?

The closure comes as restaurants in California and across the country struggle to remain financially solvent amid a pandemic shutdown that has forced eateries to close dining rooms while allowing only curbside pickup and delivery. That sort of temporary pivot didn?t work for Souplantation, known for its all-you-can eat signature salad bar, house-made soups, focaccia pizza, baked goods, baked potato bar, pastas, soft-serve ice cream and beverage bar.

The Garden Fresh restaurants? swift drop in revenue, as fears about the coronavirus grew in February and March, was even more precipitous than at other eateries, given the buffet concept, said Robert Allbritton, chairman of Washington, D.C.-based Perpetual Capital Partners, a private investment firm that purchased the restaurant company following a bankruptcy filing in 2016.

?We spent two years researching and trying to improve things and actually got the business turned around,? Allbritton said. ?We were growing the number of guests and were in the process of renovating the restaurants with new fixtures, carpeting, signage as late as January. We felt great about it. But I?ve got to tell you, when the virus hit, we went from 100% to 70 to 30 to 10% that fast, before the restaurants closed down and the company ran out of money in one week.?
    The decision to finally close the Souplantation and Sweet Tomatoes eateries was especially hard, said Haywood, given the loyal base of customers and employees. It also is coming not long after plans were launched to expand.

?We?ve had positive guest counts every year,? Haywood said. ?Every measurement of operations had been higher. It really is a wonderful company and concept and magic for a lot of kids. It?s their first memory of where they can do their own thing. It?s an emotional connection.?

Sorry Puke, you're out of luck. They are closing all of them.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/comp...id=mailsignout
    NO!!!

Thread Information